Message to current Wyoming players and coaches about Hawaii.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

NowherePoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:Hawaii has been much better than the Pokes YTD. Pokes will be underdogs in this one.
Debatable.....the Pokes might be underdogs because they are on the road, not because of Hawaii play thus far.
Hawaii lost by 1 to a Top 25 team (Washington) when Iosefa was still healthy and by 8 to Oregon State (although Oregon State had a big lead for most of the game). Not sure just yet if they will Iosefa for our game and that could be the difference.

Their UNI game was similar to our Montana game, although UNI looks to be quite a bit better than Montana this year through the first month of the season.

The loss at CU (21-12) is bad of course, but CU isn't quite as hapless as they have been as they took Cal to OT this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, Hawaii is not good, but they appear to be better than last year and last year they took us to OT...in Laramie..at 7200'...in November..with Brett Smith...who had 640 yards and 8 TD's (crazy box score)
I was suprosed to see washington at 25 this week. I do not beleive they will be there long. I don't think they are very good this year and Oregon State has been pretty terrible this year too. I don't think Hawaii is gonna be any good this year. Not saying we can take anythign for granted cuz I am not sure how good we are and it is on the island but I think we are a better team.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

TSpoke wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:Hawaii has been much better than the Pokes YTD. Pokes will be underdogs in this one.
Debatable.....the Pokes might be underdogs because they are on the road, not because of Hawaii play thus far.
Hawaii lost by 1 to a Top 25 team (Washington) when Iosefa was still healthy and by 8 to Oregon State (although Oregon State had a big lead for most of the game). Not sure just yet if they will Iosefa for our game and that could be the difference.

Their UNI game was similar to our Montana game, although UNI looks to be quite a bit better than Montana this year through the first month of the season.

The loss at CU (21-12) is bad of course, but CU isn't quite as hapless as they have been as they took Cal to OT this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, Hawaii is not good, but they appear to be better than last year and last year they took us to OT...in Laramie..at 7200'...in November..with Brett Smith...who had 640 yards and 8 TD's (crazy box score)
I was suprosed to see washington at 25 this week. I do not beleive they will be there long. I don't think they are very good this year and Oregon State has been pretty terrible this year too. I don't think Hawaii is gonna be any good this year. Not saying we can take anythign for granted cuz I am not sure how good we are and it is on the island but I think we are a better team.

I don't know about Washington, I thought the same thing because of close wins over Hawaii and Eastern Washington, but maybe that was underrating Hawaii and EWU. Washington also beat Illinois by 25 (the Illini suck, but Big 10) and Georgia State by 31 before going toe to toe with Stanford. I do not like to think what would happen if we played Stanford, so Washington gets props in my book for taking them to the wire.

Oregon State beat SDSU 28-7.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'll say it again, if Woolsey plays, Wyoming wins. Period. Hawaii has a good defense, but Ikaika is far too terrible to score more than 10 points on the Pokes defense. Begin to worry if Graham starts, then this turns into a potential danger game. But as long as #11 starts for Hawaii, the Cowboys are fine.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

FWIW, Hawaii's beat writer is saying Iosefa will likely be back next week.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:

Oregon State dominated that game. They were up 38-7 then the players thought that it was time to go to the beach.
The offense essentially quit trying and the defense quit tackling. Throw in an onside kick that bounced right off a Beaver players hands to Hawaii, and Hawaii scored again, made the score an 8 point game.

OS completely outmatched Hawaii for 75% of the game then decided not to play for 25%. Hawaii did not put up a match with them or go toe-to-toe.

Hawaii is the same Hawaii as last year: They find a way to lose.
They "almost" beat Washington, CU, and Oregon State. But they didn't. They compete but can't win.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I was surprised to see that Hawaii is 44th in the nation in rush defense, allowing just 127.8 yards per game. They are also allowing just 3.28 yards per carry.

The Warriors and Cowboys enter this weekend with the two worst offenses in the Mountain West.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:I was surprised to see that Hawaii is 44th in the nation in rush defense, allowing just 127.8 yards per game. They are also allowing just 3.28 yards per carry.

The Warriors and Cowboys enter this weekend with the two worst offenses in the Mountain West.
...and they've played 3 PAC-12 schools already. The defense is solid, Hawaii would make noise in the MW if Chow and Woolsey weren't so incompetent.