Wyoming fan experience board wants YOU!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Smoothe poke has been hating on Bohl since he was hired. Move along east popcorn state
W-Y, Until I Die!
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

one-smooth-poke wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:Just another way the "ego powers" that be can distract the fan from the fact that alumni players and other "pundits" are already beginning to question the new coaches play calling and ability at the actual D1 (FBS) level. His rhetoric does not seem to be buying him as much favor as the university thought. All this "cowboy tough" poop talking he did has really become unsettling to the likes of Mitch Unrein and others. His OC is nothing more than Cockhill (without the public screaming and yelling at players), and people are quietly beginning to ask if he is, indeed, another Joe Glenn.
Idiotic post. Bohl instilling the Cowboy Tough mantra is not a slap in the face to former players. If they take it that way, then I guess they aren't behind their alma mater trying to regain a winning tradition. Jury is out on Bohl but so far he deserves support and respect. IMO, much better than DiCk or Glenn. Just needs time to establish his program/system.
His cowboy tough mantra is (and was stated) that the team/players weren't cowboy tough and had not been for a long time. Many in the NFL would disagree. And, from what I understand, many aren't behind the alma mater. Has nothing to do with a winning tradition. Good points on Bohl needing time. Time will tell. IMO, from the games so far, he is not better. But, he is going from a spread option to a power running game (which, if memory serves me, all the way back to Joe Tiller, we have either been called "Receiver U or Quarterback U" because of the passing game. You have to go wayyyyy back in time to find where Wyoming was a power running game. But, time will tell. The way that the MWC looks and the games I have watched, each game will be a toss up. Hell, 3 weeks ago, I would have bet the farm that Hawaii was gonna suck it up, but they certainly did not look horrid the last couple games.
Why don't you talk to all of the former Pokes in the NFL about Joe Glenn and DC? Let us know what they think between the two.
Unrein, Huff and Herron all give credit to Christensen, although Mitch liked his defensive staff and coaches under Glenn.

I respect your right to have your opinion but to hide behind a fake name and then to use the name of an actual person to try and justify your personal vendetta is weak, paritcularly when I would bet you that Unrein would never even hint at what you claim, much less say it. I don't know Mitch but I know plenty of former players and they welcome the new attitude of the staff, and the fact this staff has welcomed former players back to be a part of the program and is recongizing past accomplishments as well as trying to undo the damage done in recruiting in Colorado. Those are three things the previous administration opposed.
L
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

TracyRingolsby wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
His cowboy tough mantra is (and was stated) that the team/players weren't cowboy tough and had not been for a long time. Many in the NFL would disagree. And, from what I understand, many aren't behind the alma mater. Has nothing to do with a winning tradition. Good points on Bohl needing time. Time will tell. IMO, from the games so far, he is not better. But, he is going from a spread option to a power running game (which, if memory serves me, all the way back to Joe Tiller, we have either been called "Receiver U or Quarterback U" because of the passing game. You have to go wayyyyy back in time to find where Wyoming was a power running game. But, time will tell. The way that the MWC looks and the games I have watched, each game will be a toss up. Hell, 3 weeks ago, I would have bet the farm that Hawaii was gonna suck it up, but they certainly did not look horrid the last couple games.
Why don't you talk to all of the former Pokes in the NFL about Joe Glenn and DC? Let us know what they think between the two.
Unrein, Huff and Herron all give credit to Christensen, although Mitch liked his defensive staff and coaches under Glenn.

Theres what, 3 active players in the NFL from UW? Thats a lot around the NFL?? Gimme a break. I spoke to one former player this weekend from the Glenn era and he is stoked about Bohl, "Cowboy Tough"-gate, and the direction of the program. I like Mitch Unrein as much as anyone else but maybe he should worry more about seeing playing time on his current team than to bad mouth a couch he never played for. And why wouldnt guys like Herron and Huff give credit to DC.....he recruited them.....They wouldnt thank Bohl.....I have talked with other players from that team and they confirmed what many of us on knew.... CDC was a dick. They hated him as a coach.
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
TracyRingolsby wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:

Theres what, 3 active players in the NFL from UW? Thats a lot around the NFL?? Gimme a break. I spoke to one former player this weekend from the Glenn era and he is stoked about Bohl, "Cowboy Tough"-gate, and the direction of the program. I like Mitch Unrein as much as anyone else but maybe he should worry more about seeing playing time on his current team than to bad mouth a couch he never played for. And why wouldnt guys like Herron and Huff give credit to DC.....he recruited them.....They wouldnt thank Bohl.....I have talked with other players from that team and they confirmed what many of us on knew.... CDC was a dick. They hated him as a coach.

I would suggest you temper your statements about Mitch Unrein. Because some brave poster makes up a statement and attributes it to Mitch does not mean Mitch said that. I do not under any circumstances think Mitch would even have reason to think that much less say that. But some tough guy with a fake handle on a message board can drag Mitch through the mud by trying to use him to justify a BS post.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

NowherePoke wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:Just another way the "ego powers" that be can distract the fan from the fact that alumni players and other "pundits" are already beginning to question the new coaches play calling and ability at the actual D1 (FBS) level. His rhetoric does not seem to be buying him as much favor as the university thought. All this "cowboy tough" poop talking he did has really become unsettling to the likes of Mitch Unrein and others. His OC is nothing more than Cockhill (without the public screaming and yelling at players), and people are quietly beginning to ask if he is, indeed, another Joe Glenn.
Idiotic post. Bohl instilling the Cowboy Tough mantra is not a slap in the face to former players. If they take it that way, then I guess they aren't behind their alma mater trying to regain a winning tradition. Jury is out on Bohl but so far he deserves support and respect. IMO, much better than DiCk or Glenn. Just needs time to establish his program/system.
Ha Ha this whole thread cracks me up, but I can t tell you one Poke in the NFL that hated DC and that is T-Gipson. He couldn't stand the man.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I don' think it was that we weren't "Cowboy Tough" under DC, more over it was that most, if not all the players despised him. They just wouldn't lay it on the line for a man that they didn't respect. Bohl, on the other hand has earned the respect of his players and at this point and time they would run through a wall for the man. Hell,when he took Ethan home after his parents were killed that act showed all of the players that he cares about them as people. CDC never had that respect. So I think the players believe in what he is preaching and they are beginning to see that "finishing" is important. The FAU game was all about not giving up and finishing the game. A little luck and a blown coverage also helped.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

My general experience has been that anyone on message boards who says: "they talked to ________ privately and ______ said_____________", is full of poop.

In most cases, people who do talk to __________ privately would never and should never repeat such information on a forum such as this.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I applied what the heck!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cowboy Tough, either you have it, learn it, try it, instill others to get it or stay away from UW, alls i ask for it an effort every week and Oh yeah, make a damn tackle from time to time
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

No former player wants to be told they (or their team) were Cowgirl Soft. They all want to believe they were Cowboy Tough.

Semantics.

That said, and back on topic, I am embarrassed UW felt the need to put something like this in place. DO YOUR f-word JOB - IT IS WHAT YOU ARE GETTING PAID FOR. Are "they" that out of touch with the Wyoming fanbase, the landscape of College Athletics, the economy, etc., etc., etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I like that they're reaching out to the average Joe.. fans always complain about their voice not counting.. Wyoming decided to give them a voice.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:My general experience has been that anyone on message boards who says: "they talked to ________ privately and ______ said_____________", is full of poop.

In most cases, people who do talk to __________ privately would never and should never repeat such information on a forum such as this.
That kind of stuff does get repeated, though, but most of the time it's only to people they truly know, not just some rando that they've just met. I'm more curious where somebody would have access to several former players who live AND play in extremely varied locations in the country.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:I like that they're reaching out to the average Joe.. fans always complain about their voice not counting.. Wyoming decided to give them a voice.
I think you are drunk. It doesn't take that to see you are doing something wrong, or not doing enough right. Hell, this day and age, all they have to do is look around on the internet, to see what is working for who - and how. This poop is just passing time, and giving the inept department an excuse to say "you asked for it - and we gave it to you - so be quiet for 10 more years".
Dear Karma,

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:I like that they're reaching out to the average Joe.. fans always complain about their voice not counting.. Wyoming decided to give them a voice.
This 100% for all you in Laramie that bitch and moan about streaming quality, concession quality and the other thousands of things you bitch and moan about this is your chance to possibly make a change or be heard.

Does it mean it will no of course not but if you don't vote you can't bitch about who is in office and this is the same type of poop. You have an opportunity to at least voice your views if you don't take it and run it shows you don't care about anything but bitching.

Hell I posted about it and told them I would be part of it remotely and would even video conference in if they would consider it. Just because a school knows what is wrong because people bitch about it that doesn't mean they understand how to fix it.
petepitsol589
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:
I think you are drunk. It doesn't take that to see you are doing something wrong, or not doing enough right. Hell, this day and age, all they have to do is look around on the internet, to see what is working for who - and how. This poop is just passing time, and giving the inept department an excuse to say "you asked for it - and we gave it to you - so be quiet for 10 more years".
Long time fan, long time reader, first time poster...

McPeachy, This is a growing trend in athletic departments... as a simple internet search would suggest. This is not simply people being lazy and not doing their job. Looks like many others are creating similar fan advisory boards.

Everyone complains when the admin doesn't listen/ or the fans don't have a voice. Now we complain when the fan can be heard. I think it's a positive. UW probably doesn't read the message boards to hear about the fans typical gameday experience. Probably a good thing they don't read all the crap you post.

Here's some other examples of as you describe as "inept" departments...

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209374625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-foot ... 14aae.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl ... 14aaa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

petepitsol589 wrote:Long time fan, long time reader, first time poster...

McPeachy, This is a growing trend in athletic departments... as a simple internet search would suggest. This is not simply people being lazy and not doing their job. Looks like many others are creating similar fan advisory boards.

Everyone complains when the admin doesn't listen/ or the fans don't have a voice. Now we complain when the fan can be heard. I think it's a positive. UW probably doesn't read the message boards to hear about the fans typical gameday experience. Probably a good thing they don't read all the crap you post.

Here's some other examples of as you describe as "inept" departments...

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209374625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-foot ... 14aae.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl ... 14aaa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well hey, hey - welcome to the message board - where fans can post their opinions about all things Wyoming!

That said "pitsol" - UW's athletic department is lacking leadership & vision, and has been for quite some time. That is a fact, like it or not, read it or not, understand it or not. And to rely on a few fans to provide that vision, in my opinion (that being the key here pitsol) is proof somebody isn't doing their job.

Good to meet you though, like me or not...I appreciate the dialogue.

:thumb:
Dear Karma,

MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

McPeachy wrote:
Dude, I already told you, they don't let me drink at work anymore.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:Dude, I already told you, they don't let me drink at work anymore.
You need a new job...

http://www.newbelgium.com/brewery/compa ... apply.aspx

http://odellbrewing.com/contact-us/jobs/
Dear Karma,

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Just get a tech job down here in Boulder county that isn't IBM or Oracle. We pretty much all have kegerators at work. :)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Just get a tech job down here in Boulder county that isn't IBM or Oracle. We pretty much all have kegerators at work. :)
Yes, please!
ImageImageImageImage