Wyoming fan experience board wants YOU!!!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

We definitely have some qualified fans here sign up now and represent Wyonation. DO IT!!!!!!!

http://www.gowyo.com/wyoway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Why actually do something that can make a difference when I can just bitch non-stop on this message board?

:D
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

If only I was in Laramie, Good chance to really help UW understand what the fan perspective is missing.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Just another way the "ego powers" that be can distract the fan from the fact that alumni players and other "pundits" are already beginning to question the new coaches play calling and ability at the actual D1 (FBS) level. His rhetoric does not seem to be buying him as much favor as the university thought. All this "cowboy tough" poop talking he did has really become unsettling to the likes of Mitch Unrein and others. His OC is nothing more than Cockhill (without the public screaming and yelling at players), and people are quietly beginning to ask if he is, indeed, another Joe Glenn.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

WTF did I just read?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:and people are quietly beginning to ask if he is, indeed, another Joe Glenn.
I hope the sarcasm blew over my head, because if people are starting to ask that 5 games into a coach's first season when they have a winning record, then they're most likely imbeciles.

I wasn't happy with a lot of what we showed at the Michigan State game, but at the same time, I realize that it does take a while to get used to a new system, and that they probably don't have a full playbook yet, not to mention the right personnel to really go all out.

Now, 3-4 years from now, there may be enough cards on the table to actually evaluate where Bohl is taking this program.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

one-smooth-poke wrote:Just another way the "ego powers" that be can distract the fan from the fact that alumni players and other "pundits" are already beginning to question the new coaches play calling and ability at the actual D1 (FBS) level. His rhetoric does not seem to be buying him as much favor as the university thought. All this "cowboy tough" poop talking he did has really become unsettling to the likes of Mitch Unrein and others. His OC is nothing more than Cockhill (without the public screaming and yelling at players), and people are quietly beginning to ask if he is, indeed, another Joe Glenn.
You can't f'n be serious. Five games in? You're an idiot. :lol:
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

The Virginian wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:Just another way the "ego powers" that be can distract the fan from the fact that alumni players and other "pundits" are already beginning to question the new coaches play calling and ability at the actual D1 (FBS) level. His rhetoric does not seem to be buying him as much favor as the university thought. All this "cowboy tough" poop talking he did has really become unsettling to the likes of Mitch Unrein and others. His OC is nothing more than Cockhill (without the public screaming and yelling at players), and people are quietly beginning to ask if he is, indeed, another Joe Glenn.
This coming from the guy who gets the majority of his information from an internet board and potentially makes 1 game to watch in person (if your lucky). I did not insult you, I have not attached you. If you dont like my post, then simply don't read them. I am simply saying what I am hearing form former players and alumni. And I wont repeat what I personally heard Unrein say about all this cowboy tough poop. But, I will say, I am pretty sure he was cowboy tough enough under the former 2 coaches to play in the NFL. Same with several other players.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

Who are these people you are referring to? Holy unfounded accusations Batman!! If you honestly thought that any coach in the country could come in and change the culture of Wyoming football instantly, then one would have to question your knowledge of college athletics as well as your sanity.

Keep in mind, these kids were recruited for a spread offense system...the defense was an afterthought. The concept of the previous coaching staff was to outscore everybody. We all know how that worked out and thus the hire of Bohl. Tell me that you didn't buy into what Bohl was selling when he was hired and the reasons why. It is refreshing to see a coach come in and not blow smoke up everyone's ass from day one and tell it how it is. Bohl didn't promise a bowl game this year or even a winning season. His promise was that he was going to change the culture of Wyoming Football back to what it was when teams feared coming to Laramie. A line up, smash you in the mouth until you give up type of team. I am willing to give it plenty of time as long as I see it progressing in that direction, and right now, I see it headed that way...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Hmm.. this sound like an interesting opportunity.
ImageImageImageImage
The Virginian
Cowpoke

one-smooth-poke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
This coming from the guy who gets the majority of his information from an internet board and potentially makes 1 game to watch in person (if your lucky). I did not insult you, I have not attached you. If you dont like my post, then simply don't read them. I am simply saying what I am hearing form former players and alumni. And I wont repeat what I personally heard Unrein say about all this cowboy tough poop. But, I will say, I am pretty sure he was cowboy tough enough under the former 2 coaches to play in the NFL. Same with several other players.
From what I understand you're either a family member or friend of Dave Christian. Let it go. It's over. Move on.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

The Virginian wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
From what I understand you're either a family member or friend of Dave Christian. Let it go. It's over. Move on.
Again, your message board information and research would be incorrect. I did not like how the Christensen firing happened. More importantly, I did not like the way this coach was hired when, in my opinion, better coaches were available. But, that is my opinion. Time will tell if Bohl is any good, or if he turns out to be another D2 hack. So, please get your information correct. I have been on board since 2008 and was on GowyoGo long before Ian ever thought of making people pay. Which is long before Christensen was hired. Again, for some people, the inter-web is a dangerous tool.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Idiotic post. Bohl instilling the Cowboy Tough mantra is not a slap in the face to former players. If they take it that way, then I guess they aren't behind their alma mater trying to regain a winning tradition. Jury is out on Bohl but so far he deserves support and respect. IMO, much better than DiCk or Glenn. Just needs time to establish his program/system.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
Again, your message board information and research would be incorrect. I did not like how the Christensen firing happened. More importantly, I did not like the way this coach was hired when, in my opinion, better coaches were available. But, that is my opinion. Time will tell if Bohl is any good, or if he turns out to be another D2 hack. So, please get your information correct. I have been on board since 2008 and was on GowyoGo long before Ian ever thought of making people pay. Which is long before Christensen was hired. Again, for some people, the inter-web is a dangerous tool.

poop. That is all. Ok, maybe more. Your posting history makes your allegiance to DC rather than UW very clear. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, but trolling a message board under false pretenses is just pathetic. You single handledly have Wyoming fans a bad name on opposing message boards during 2013 OOC, and ever since DC's firing you have adjusted your vitriol from Wyomings opponents to Wyoming itself. This started well before the hiring of Craig Bohl.

I am no sunshine pumper, but anybody can recognize that you have an axe to grind as a result of DC's firing.

In terms of whether or not Bohl is the next Joe Glenn, nobody knows. What we do know is that Joe Glenn's teams were better than DC's despite taking over before upgrades were complete and after the program had reached its nadir under Vic. I have posted it before but take a look at the SOS during their respective tenures. It is eye opening.
Last edited by NowherePoke on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
Idiotic post. Bohl instilling the Cowboy Tough mantra is not a slap in the face to former players. If they take it that way, then I guess they aren't behind their alma mater trying to regain a winning tradition. Jury is out on Bohl but so far he deserves support and respect. IMO, much better than DiCk or Glenn. Just needs time to establish his program/system.
His cowboy tough mantra is (and was stated) that the team/players weren't cowboy tough and had not been for a long time. Many in the NFL would disagree. And, from what I understand, many aren't behind the alma mater. Has nothing to do with a winning tradition. Good points on Bohl needing time. Time will tell. IMO, from the games so far, he is not better. But, he is going from a spread option to a power running game (which, if memory serves me, all the way back to Joe Tiller, we have either been called "Receiver U or Quarterback U" because of the passing game. You have to go wayyyyy back in time to find where Wyoming was a power running game. But, time will tell. The way that the MWC looks and the games I have watched, each game will be a toss up. Hell, 3 weeks ago, I would have bet the farm that Hawaii was gonna suck it up, but they certainly did not look horrid the last couple games.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy

one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
His cowboy tough mantra is (and was stated) that the team/players weren't cowboy tough and had not been for a long time. Many in the NFL would disagree. And, from what I understand, many aren't behind the alma mater. Has nothing to do with a winning tradition. Good points on Bohl needing time. Time will tell. IMO, from the games so far, he is not better. But, he is going from a spread option to a power running game (which, if memory serves me, all the way back to Joe Tiller, we have either been called "Receiver U or Quarterback U" because of the passing game. You have to go wayyyyy back in time to find where Wyoming was a power running game. But, time will tell. The way that the MWC looks and the games I have watched, each game will be a toss up. Hell, 3 weeks ago, I would have bet the farm that Hawaii was gonna suck it up, but they certainly did not look horrid the last couple games.
Why don't you talk to all of the former Pokes in the NFL about Joe Glenn and DC? Let us know what they think between the two.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

NowherePoke wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
Why don't you talk to all of the former Pokes in the NFL about Joe Glenn and DC? Let us know what they think between the two.
Unrein, Huff and Herron all give credit to Christensen, although Mitch liked his defensive staff and coaches under Glenn.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy

one-smooth-poke wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
Unrein, Huff and Herron all give credit to Christensen, although Mitch liked his defensive staff and coaches under Glenn.
The latter two were recruited by DC's staff, so they would have had no interaction with the previous staff.

Speaking of which, you mentioned you started posting in 2008, which is also the year that DC was hired by UW.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

one-smooth-poke wrote:
Wyolie Coyote wrote:
As a team, we weren't Cowboy Tough under CDC. Sorry if that offends individuals, get over it. Bohl isn't calling any former players out. If they think so, then maybe their insecurities ought to speak for itself.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Your handle on the MWC Board wouldn't be Warblow - would it?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.