What players do you think deserve more game time?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Our defensive woes are secondary related mainly, If you think about it and watch any game we have held solid and then we get beat through the air on 3rd at 15. So we just need lots of secondary help.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

i agree 9 senior starters and we STILL CAN'T STOP A COLD, i thought his freshman year Blair Burns was gonna be one hell of a CB but year after year he still puzzles me to no end!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Eddie and USO will be pack. We lose Mertens, Stanton, Nzocha. Everyone else we can live with losing.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

NowherePoke wrote:
mwc fan wrote:
stymeman wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:I won't pretend to "know" anything. It's just a conjecture. I guess it probably depones on the skill set of the qb. If Brett were here , I can't see us not utilizing his speed.
next year sure won't be exciting neither if those younger 2 QB's don't see some kind of P.T. I guess we truly were spoiled with how special Brett was, and I'm sure he's sitting somewhere just wishing he'd still be in Laramie, except the O Line can protect any better than b4. I really think thats where our team could make huge strides in getting athletic O linemen that know their assignments and keep people off Colby's mug. conference will be interesting but if this D can't tackle and O line can protect, then it's yet again another "medocre" year, year in and year out

We do have the Indiana Qb next year and a favorable schedule. So things wont be all bad. Filling the spots of nine seniors on defense is what worries me.

How much worse can we get? Actually, don't answer that. Frightening to contemplate.

In all seriousness, it has to be pretty rare to be this bad defensively with 9 senior starters.

The only games our D has looked bad in are Oregon (who may have a Heisman QB) and Michigan St. (who has top players at every position). I doubt our D will get torched again like we were in those games. We are a hell of a lot better on D than we were last year.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Lack of a decent pass rush doesn't help our weak secondary much either. Front four needs to step up against MW offenses
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

mwc fan wrote:Lack of a decent pass rush doesn't help our weak secondary much either. Front four needs to step up against MW offenses

Bingo.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

mwc fan wrote:Lack of a decent pass rush doesn't help our weak secondary much either. Front four needs to step up against MW offenses
Well, our front 7 did to Air Force what Boise couldn't, stuff the triple option and hold them below 20 points.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I think those girls who hand out water at the games should be given a chance. Offense or defense. We should see immediate results.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Cameron Coffman uses a pump fake and looks off the defense. I'm in love
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

McPeachy wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:I thin one player I'm curious about is Finley at corner. Everyone was talking about his elite speed last year until he got hurt. What's up with him?
Something happened to him. He pissed off somebody, or didn't rehab enough, or is perma-damaged. He was head and shoulders above anyone on the field at CB fall of 2013. And on punt returns as well...
Good things come to those that wait? Great to see Tyran get his shot (although via injuries to others), and make the most of it.

Good job Finley! :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote:
mwc fan wrote:
stymeman wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:I won't pretend to "know" anything. It's just a conjecture. I guess it probably depones on the skill set of the qb. If Brett were here , I can't see us not utilizing his speed.
next year sure won't be exciting neither if those younger 2 QB's don't see some kind of P.T. I guess we truly were spoiled with how special Brett was, and I'm sure he's sitting somewhere just wishing he'd still be in Laramie, except the O Line can protect any better than b4. I really think thats where our team could make huge strides in getting athletic O linemen that know their assignments and keep people off Colby's mug. conference will be interesting but if this D can't tackle and O line can protect, then it's yet again another "medocre" year, year in and year out

We do have the Indiana Qb next year and a favorable schedule. So things wont be all bad. Filling the spots of nine seniors on defense is what worries me.
Ex
How much worse can we get? Actually, don't answer that. Frightening to contemplate.

In all seriousness, it has to be pretty rare to be this bad defensively with 9 senior starters.
Who are these 9 starting seniors on defense? Maybe at the beginning of the year, but I think there were a total of 3 seniors starting on defense last Saturday.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
mwc fan wrote:
stymeman wrote:

Ex

Who are these 9 starting seniors on defense? Maybe at the beginning of the year, but I think there were a total of 3 seniors starting on defense last Saturday.

My post was on 9/29.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Makes sense......luckily, now we need to worry about replacing fewer senior starters.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

JimmyDimes wrote: Who are these 9 starting seniors on defense? Maybe at the beginning of the year, but I think there were a total of 3 seniors starting on defense last Saturday.
I think most people when mentioning this are talking about the number of returning seniors for the start of the season.

Seems like the 9 would be Lange (who hasn't quite lived up to what I initially hoped for), Mertens, Burns, Nzeocha, White, Harris, Samson, Stanton, and Puletasi.

We actually only have 14 juniors total on the roster, so next season will be thin when it comes to seniors. Probably not a bad thing... too bad Yarbrough wasn't a Sophomore instead of a junior, though.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: Who are these 9 starting seniors on defense? Maybe at the beginning of the year, but I think there were a total of 3 seniors starting on defense last Saturday.
I think most people when mentioning this are talking about the number of returning seniors for the start of the season.

Seems like the 9 would be Lange (who hasn't quite lived up to what I initially hoped for), Mertens, Burns, Nzeocha, White, Harris, Samson, Stanton, and Puletasi.

The discussion was from back in September, but I believe our initial depth chart included the names you mentioned except it was Jones, not Lange, as the 9th starter. The only non-seniors on the original depth chart I think were Yarborough and Olive.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

NowherePoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:

The discussion was from back in September, but I believe our initial depth chart included the names you mentioned except it was Jones, not Lange, as the 9th starter. The only non-seniors on the original depth chart I think were Yarborough and Olive.
That makes sense, and I think you're right on Jones over Lange.

I remember when we got Lange as a recruit. He was listed with a 4.6 40 time, which seems pretty awesome for a defensive end with decent size, 6'4, 230. Now he's listed on the Cowboys site at 6'3, 250, and I don't think I noticed his speed a single time out there. :(