MSU game was pathetic, and embarrassing.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Can't tell me the whole defense forgot to tackle, and forgot their assignments, one little week after the FAU game. But they sure did. All of them. That was as ugly as what I saw out of DC's last 3 years of defenses.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

It was ugly.....guys looked like they were in slow motion/going through the motions. I understand MSU is good....but it appeared they weren't ready to play? Tackling? Early start? Scheme? :tickedoff:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

BJC wrote:It was ugly.....guys looked like they were in slow motion/going through the motions. I understand MSU is good....but it appeared they weren't ready to play? Early start? Scheme? :tickedoff:
Made me think we were in 2012 all over again...but without the point scoring on the other side of the ball.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
mwc fan
Cowpoke

This was defense by Tormey 2.0..... Hell the first play was pathetic. Most of the big runs were due to our Strong safety being late in his run fit. I dont like singling out one player, but #23 made our linebackers look like it was their fault and for the most part it wasnt.. Mark Nzeocha is one hell of a player and he was doing everything he could out there. Any thoughts on what is going with Sonny puelatasi? He has been invisible this year. Just like our pass rush.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

we lead the nation in bounce off tackles for sure, yeah this was nothing but a $$$ game and it truly showed, I'm glad i had other things to go and not invest myself in watching it thru and thru, hopefully conference is much, MUCH better
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

To me it appeared we were just flat and MSU was at the top of their game for the first half. Again, having a -3 TO margin isn't going to help anyone....add in a blocked FG and MSU had great field position all day. Much of because of our turnovers.

We only lost by 14 in the 2nd half...and MSU was playing their starters as long as we did.

All in all, it was a bad game, but a game none of us thought we would win. Use the two weeks for some productive practices...learning to tackle and hold onto the ball. We won't have anywhere close to this tough of contest during the conference season.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Excuse me guys, you can't say poop like this on an internet message board. Butts will be hurt throughout Poke Nation and people will question your fandom.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The only good thing about michigans st's great field position is that they didn't rack up a whole bunch of yards before they scored.
W-Y, Until I Die!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Excuse me guys, you can't say poop like this on an internet message board. Butts will be hurt throughout Poke Nation and people will question your fandom.
Aint the truth! poop has anyone been on Fresno st or Boise st board? Brutal.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We played 3 nail biters at home and a game at Oregon leading up to this. And not 1 week off. Sometimes a team or player just runs out of emotion or adrenaline and the little extra fight and effort isn't there. We don't have enough talent to come out that way against anyone, let alone Michigan St.. It happens to everyone. Even with a big effort, we probably lose by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

I'm a glass half empty kind of guy but even I'm a bit surprised at the expectations for a game like this. Now if we get beat like this by San Jose state or Hawaii, then there's cause for concern. But not for a game like this.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

McPeachy wrote:That was as ugly as what I saw out of DC's last 3 years of defenses.
Agreed, however it does make sense. They are still DC's players. The only difference is that this D looked this ugly against Michigan State. DC's looked this ugly against....... Hawaii.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Very bad game, indeed.

Hoping for better. I hope they don't lose faith in the system. Oregon and Michigan State are brutal opponents for the talent level we have. Be nice if they can take it to Hawaii and regain some confidence.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I wonder if the game time had any impact?

Don't get me wrong, if we played them 100 times at all hours of the day at locations around the world, we would be on the receiving end of 100 ass kickings. However, I really felt that we played with less enthusiasm and energy than we had previously.

On paper, the Oregon and MSU games were similar, but they had a much different vibe IMO.

My prediction before the season was 4-8 or 5-7 with a 3-2 start. I haven't seen anything yet that would change my mind.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

NowherePoke wrote:I wonder if the game time had any impact?

Don't get me wrong, if we played them 100 times at all hours of the day at locations around the world, we would be on the receiving end of 100 ass kickings. However, I really felt that we played with less enthusiasm and energy than we had previously.

On paper, the Oregon and MSU games were similar, but they had a much different vibe IMO.

My prediction before the season was 4-8 or 5-7 with a 3-2 start. I haven't seen anything yet that would change my mind.
I think a bowl game is quite possible. Not necessarily because we're that good, but because the rest of the conference is that bad. Not saying it's a definite, but it is looking a lot more likely than before the season. Especially if we utilize our two excellent RBs well.

Also, if Kirk stops staring down receivers and goes through his progressions, that should help stop so many TOs, as well as sitting in the pocket so long waiting for the one receiver to get open.