Probably discussed somewhere here - but what about Wick?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

5 carries total? Anyone know what was up with that? Hill got tossed into the fire a bit as well (6 carries, 9 yards). Coach McPeachy is confused.

:lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think coach was saving him from potential injury in a meaningless second half. We would be cursing him for running him out there had he got hurt and made no difference in the outcome
Last edited by pokefanchaz7 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

According to Bohl it was because the score differential was lopsided we had to pass. He also said we couldnt run certain plays because we had a tackle out with a concussion. Personally I don't buy that line, as we still ran with May and Hill throughout the 2nd to 4th qtr. Wick had a whopping 2 runs after the first qtr. This was the same theme in the Oregon game. Wick had a 100 yards against Oregon at the half. Barely got carries after that. Same thing against MSU, Wick had 85 yards in the first qtr. Two carries the rest of the game. I have no clue what Vigen is thinking. Maybe it was holding him out for fear of injury, I don't know I guess it makes sense to save him for MWC plays. Is it that hard to tell fans the reason why?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I'm fine with what he did, Leave Wick & May in to possibly be injured in a game that we were beat by halftime. I can't even begin to count the number of threads that would have supported younger players getting play time during blow outs from past years yet we have a coach that does that and people are pissed he did.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:I'm fine with what he did, Leave Wick & May in to possibly be injured in a game we were beat by halftime. I can't even begin to count the number of threads that would have supported younger players getting play time during blow outs from past years yet we have a coach that does that and people are pissed he did.

I understand your point. But the score was 21-7 when they pulled the plug on Wick. After he popped the 20+ yard run for a first down.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

You were watching the same game than you knew they would continue to score at will until backups replaced them at which point and time we would be so far behind it wouldn't matter.

I think Bohl looked at this as a way to make up for what he didn't do in the Oregon game. Which is get younger guys on the field and get them practice. If you are beat why risk injury to those leading you into conference play?

I still like what he did, I was excited to see Hill in the game and I'll continue to trust what Bohl is doing until he gives me a reason not to.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:You were watching the same game than you knew they would continue to score at will until backups replaced them at which point and time we would be so far behind it wouldn't matter.

I think Bohl looked at this as a way to make up for what he didn't do in the Oregon game. Which is get younger guys on the field and get them practice. If you are beat why risk injury to those leading you into conference play?

I still like what he did, I was excited to see Hill in the game and I'll continue to trust what Bohl is doing until he gives me a reason not to.
I'm with you.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

if we lost Wick this game, you could probably have heard a collective sigh from the sidelines and whole State of Wyoming as well, he had game, not many others, we'll see what happens from here on out
mwc fan
Cowpoke

So if we're down 21-7 to a team like Boise are we putting in the youngsters too?. I'm just a little confused at message it might send to the players. Wave the white flag when the game gets a little tough. Just my opinion.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:if we lost Wick this game, you could probably have heard a collective sigh from the sidelines and whole State of Wyoming as well, he had game, not many others, we'll see what happens from here on out
If the score would have been 7-21 at the half and we had forced 4-5 punts and there was a TO I think we might have seen a different game plan.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

yeah we've got a chance to win the conference Mountain division and for that I"m truly excited for, but, we have to also look for good things for upcoming years as well, most of our team is senior laden and we don't need yet again another rebuild mode. Getting some PT for younger players can only do wonders for some, rather than trial by proverbial fire year in and year out. Hill is a stud RB as well, use him more. We know we were outclassed for this game from the very beginning it'll be interesting to truly see what we have from here out out and especially let's go into Fart Fun and Beeeet the Sheeeep!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Yet we left Colby in forever. I am a little pissed that on that last drive we didn't even try to "finish" which is our mantra.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Colby needs the reps though.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Colby needs the reps though.
You're right about that. If injury prevention was our goal though I would have thought maybe we would take him out since he was getting pummeled all day.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

for what, his Varsity letter he's earning this year???
mwc fan
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Colby needs the reps though.
I think it would've been a perfect opportunity to put Tommy in for the entire 4th qtr if injury prevention were truly the case. Why not let Tommy get some throws in, instead of just handing the ball off to May and Hill in dirt time. Personally I want to see what Tommy Thornton can do.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Also a chance that Wick had a minor injury or something of that nature and he is saying he pulled him to keep him safe as a cover.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:Also a chance that Wick had a minor injury or something of that nature and he is saying he pulled him to keep him safe as a cover.
I don't know i saw him in there for pass protection in the forth qtr. They also threw a crappy little swing pass to him too, but no runs. Game flow was just weird. I've never seen a big time running program pull out a player after a 25 yard run then go in a different direction.