2014 Mountain West Statistic Leaders

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Top 5 Passers:
1. Grant Hedrick, BSU 1295 yds 5tds-9ints
2. Garret Grayson, CSU 1261 yds 10tds-4ints
3. Blake Decker, UNLV 1229 yds 5tds-9ints
4. Colby Kirkegaard, WYO, 1007 yds 5tds-4ints
5. Brian Burrel, FSU 888 yds 8tds-3ints

Top 5 Rushers:
1. Jay Ajayi, BSU 557yds, 4.8yds per carry, 5tds
2. Jacobi Owens, AFA 539yds, 6yds per carry, 4tds
3. Shaun Wick, WYO 489yds, 6.9yds per carry, 3tds
4. Donnel Pumphrey, SDSU 467yds, 6.2yds per carry, 9tds
5. Marteze Waller, FSU 457yds, 6.3yds per carry, 3tds

Top 5 Receivers:
1. Matt Miller, BSU 461yds, 16.5yds per catch, 3tds
2. Rashard Higgins, CSU 404yds, 14.4yds per catch, 4tds
3. Josh Harper, FSU 374yds, 12.5yds per catch, 2tds
4. Dominic Rufran, WYO 326yds, 15.5yds per catch, 0tds
5. Hunter Sharp, USU 305yds, 13.3yds per catch, 2tds

The rest:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/con ... conference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

That's not bad at all considering we played 2 top 10 teams out of the 5 we have played.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

lol at Hedrick. Zabransky's INT records are no longer safe.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Anyone got the Defensive top 5's? You know, tackles, TFLs, sacks, fumbles forced, recovered, INTs, Breakups?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote:Anyone got the Defensive top 5's? You know, tackles, TFLs, sacks, fumbles forced, recovered, INTs, Breakups?
In the link.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:Anyone got the Defensive top 5's? You know, tackles, TFLs, sacks, fumbles forced, recovered, INTs, Breakups?
In the link.
Alright, thanks. Looks like we have at least two in the top five for tackles.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Wick with nearly 7 yards per carry and playing two top 10 teams in the nation. Very impressive.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Wick with nearly 7 yards per carry and playing two top 10 teams in the nation. Very impressive.

That is crazy, yet he still averages the same amount of carries per game ( roughly 14 touches a game ) under Christensen's spread pass happy offense. He needs at least 20 carries a game minimum.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

mwc fan wrote:
pokefanchaz7 wrote:Wick with nearly 7 yards per carry and playing two top 10 teams in the nation. Very impressive.

That is crazy, yet he still averages the same amount of carries per game ( roughly 14 touches a game ) under Christensen's spread pass happy offense. He needs at least 20 carries a game minimum.
That average is skewed he didn't get many carries against MSU. I'd venture to guess 15-20 per game is where he sits.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

mwc fan wrote:

Yes and no, because our passing hasn't gone down as significantly as we thought it would. And, he's sharing carries with May. The difference is last year he didn't share any carries with anybody but pass plays. And I think his avg is up a little more had we not taken him out early at MSU.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Just beat me to it 2dal.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

mwc fan wrote:

I look for him to be a bigger part of the offense moving forward. The MSU game was a bit of an aberration and the coaching staff likely felt there was no reason to subject him to pounding in a game we were out of by mid 2nd quarter (actually earlier than that it felt like).

He averaged almost 17 carries a game through the first 4. I expect him to average 20 carries a game in MWC play. Expect May to get 10-15, plus additional opportunities in the passing game.

Edit: apparently everybody had the same idea.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

You're right it is a little skewed because of the five carries at Michigan. Drop the 5 carries at MSU and his carries were at 16.5 a game. So it's about two more carries per game more then last year. I'm sure the offensive game plan will be adjusted during the bye week. Now that Bohl and Staff know who can do what, I'm sure we might see wick and Mays talents be utilized in way that compliments their differing styles. I'd also like to see Maulhardt be utilized a little more. He's a major mismatch against some of the shorter corners in the MWC. But it all depends on the cohesiveness of our O line. Btw is it me or do our O lineman suffer a lot of concussions? This is like the 3rd or 4th O lineman to receive one since fall camp.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming is 7th in the MW (44th in nation) in time of possession, despite MSU holding the ball for over 35 minutes last week.

They are 1st in the MW (3rd in nation) in fewest penalties per game (3.4).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

mwc fan wrote:You're right it is a little skewed because of the five carries at Michigan. Drop the 5 carries at MSU and his carries were at 16.5 a game. So it's about two more carries per game more then last year. I'm sure the offensive game plan will be adjusted during the bye week. Now that Bohl and Staff know who can do what, I'm sure we might see wick and Mays talents be utilized in way that compliments their differing styles. I'd also like to see Maulhardt be utilized a little more. He's a major mismatch against some of the shorter corners in the MWC. But it all depends on the cohesiveness of our O line. Btw is it me or do our O lineman suffer a lot of concussions? This is like the 3rd or 4th O lineman to receive one since fall camp.
I haven't seen Mulhardt do much of anything other than drop passes and get penalties.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
mwc fan wrote:You're right it is a little skewed because of the five carries at Michigan. Drop the 5 carries at MSU and his carries were at 16.5 a game. So it's about two more carries per game more then last year. I'm sure the offensive plan will be adjusted during the bye week. Now that Bohl and Staff know who can do what, I'm sure we might see wick and Mays talents be utilized in way that compliments their differing styles. I'd also like to see Maulhardt be utilized a little more. He's a major mismatch against some of the shorter corners in the MWC. But it all depends on the cohesiveness of our O line. Btw is it me or do our O lineman suffer a lot of concussions? This is like the 3rd or 4th O lineman to receive one since fall camp.
I haven't seen Mulhardt do much of anything other than drop passes and get penalties.
Yeah that's true, cannot argue with that. Maulhardt should've caught that ball over the middle that got picked against MSU. He also has a history of making stupid penalties. That being said, he does provide a large window for Colby. He just needs to take advantage of his opportunities on the field.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Exactly. Mulhardt was utilized several times at MSU and he couldn't grab a thing. Even a beautifully thrown ball that only he could catch and it went straight through his hands and intercepted.