Any Dish subscribers on here?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
okcwyocowboy
Buckaroo

I called dish to ask why the game wasn't on and all he could say was something about they only go to the game when a team gets inside the 20 yard line???????
Cowduck
Cowpoke

From DirecTV:

"Thank you for writing. My name is David, and your e-mail has been forwarded to me for review and response. I understand you have some concerns regarding a blackout of last Saturday's Wyoming football game. I am pleased to have the opportunity to address this for you today.

"This game was only broadcast nationally on ROOT SPORTS Rocky Mountain, so it should not have been blacked out unless the game was also airing on one of your local channels. While we are unable to verify what your local channels were airing, from my point of view it seems unlikely that your locals would have been airing this game. As a result, I have forwarded this information to our programming team for review. This is just to ensure we can prevent inaccurate blackouts, in case this was an instance of one."

Still no response to the ticket I submitted to Root.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I got this response from ROOT:

"Thank for your email. Many Mountain West football games on ROOT SPORTS are available outside the ROOT SPORTS territory to those who subscribe to a qualifying sports package. However, ROOT SPORTS was only authorized to deliver the Wyoming at Hawaii football game on October 11 within the network footprint and not via out-of-market sports packages."

So, did UH, as holder of the broadcast rights, restrict the coverage? Question is why? Wouldn't they want as much exposure as possible? Strange.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Root and the Mountain West are not on the same page.. MW thinks that Root RM and NW were broadcasting the game, Root says no, only RM.. but still not available for any of us online because it's "in the foot print." Makes no sense. Never did get a reply from the MW.
ImageImageImageImage
NDPokes
Buckaroo

Finally got my response: "Thank for your email. Many Mountain West football games on ROOT SPORTS are available outside the ROOT SPORTS territory to those who subscribe to a qualifying sports package. However, ROOT SPORTS was only authorized to deliver the Wyoming at Hawaii football game on October 11 within the network footprint and not via out-of-market sports packages."

Don't understand, just hope this doesn't continue for the rest of the season and into bball.