Any Dish subscribers on here?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I checked Dish's listing for the Wyoming vs Hawai'i game on Root Rocky Mountain, Channel 414, and is shows the game as blacked out in my area. WTF? Has any other Dish subscribers seen the same thing? I'm pissed because I pay extra for Dish's Multi-sports Pack just so I can get Wyoming games.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Online?
The Virginian
Cowpoke

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Online?
That's great if it is, but I want to DVR the game so I can watch it Sunday morning instead of staying up to 3 am to watch the game live.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

The Virginian wrote:I checked Dish's listing for the Wyoming vs Hawai'i game on Root Rocky Mountain, Channel 414, and is shows the game as blacked out in my area. WTF? Has any other Dish subscribers seen the same thing? I'm pissed because I pay extra for Dish's Multi-sports Pack just so I can get Wyoming games.
Blacked out in what area?
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote:
The Virginian wrote:I checked Dish's listing for the Wyoming vs Hawai'i game on Root Rocky Mountain, Channel 414, and is shows the game as blacked out in my area. WTF? Has any other Dish subscribers seen the same thing? I'm pissed because I pay extra for Dish's Multi-sports Pack just so I can get Wyoming games.
I live in Northern Virginia. I'm wondering if Dish is restricting coverage to the MWC footprint.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

The Virginian wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
I live in Northern Virginia. I'm wondering if Dish is restricting coverage to the MWC footprint.
If it were me, I would raise holy hell with the Dish people. There is no excuse for blacking it out on the East Coast.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

WYCowboy wrote:
The Virginian wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
If it were me, I would raise holy hell with the Dish people. There is no excuse for blacking it out on the East Coast.
I raised the issue with Dish's customer service last night and was told it's not them that determines blacked out areas. They said it was Root's decision. I contacted Root by email but have not gotten a response.
aranderson
Cowpoke

I live south of Laurel, Montana and I am not seeing it either. What's the deal with that? I have never been blacked out of a game before if that's the case.
aranderson
Cowpoke

I also just contacted dish and it is blacked out on ours as well.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

I have Optimum, and it looks like it's good to go for me.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I don't have Dish but they are not playing the Pokes game here in Corvallis, they are playing a replay of a Big Sky game. UC-Davis vs. Montana State. Just as I feared they would.

What a joke.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
aranderson
Cowpoke

Agreed. I left root sports a nasty email expressing my displeasure at such things.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

If you can see other things on Root you should still be able to watch the MWC Stream on the website. Now this might not hold true for being blacked out but it should for everyone else.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

MW site says the game isn't available in my area since Root Sports NW is supposed to be broadcasting it.. however, Root Sports is showing high school football. I'm just tickled right now.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

I sorry.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote:MW site says the game isn't available in my area since Root Sports NW is supposed to be broadcasting it.. however, Root Sports is showing high school football. I'm just tickled right now.
+1

I'm f-word pissed.

f-word YOU ROOT SPORTS!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

And I am not able to get it online.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Its blacked out on DirecTV too. Love to hear why.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 44 times

MrTitleist wrote:MW site says the game isn't available in my area since Root Sports NW is supposed to be broadcasting it.. however, Root Sports is showing high school football. I'm just tickled right now.
Don't you mean "ticked"? LOL

Since I'm in OKC, I can get the game on the MWC site.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

You can get it on the MW site because you don't live in the Root Sports broadcast area.. those of us getting Root Sports NW aren't getting the game.
ImageImageImageImage