Jackson Gone

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Freshman John Jackson (Dlineman, I believe) is no longer on the team, per his Twitter. He mentioned things didn't turn out the way he had planned.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Nm
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Beat ya to it...
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I know. I tried to delete it. Fastest keyboard in the west.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Hahaha. It's all good.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

That sucks.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I talked to him a little through Twitter...he is transferring, but can't say where to yet.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Probably could have used him next year, with Mertens finally finishing up (not too often you see a 6th year senior).
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I'm yup...I was excited to have him in the program. A 2 star d-lineman with a year to develop under Duval's watch. I figured he was going to be a big, strong dude on our line, next to Uso and Appleby.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:Probably could have used him next year, with Mertens finally finishing up (not too often you see a 6th year senior).
Maybe...the only interior lineman we lose is Mertens....but get Olive, Appleby, and Boyland. Next in line would be Sidney M. There are a couple other guys further down the line as well....Dalton Field and Connor Cain.

It does suck....don't get me wrong. But, since he hasn't played a down we really don't know what we're losing.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Probably could have used him next year, with Mertens finally finishing up (not too often you see a 6th year senior).
Maybe...the only interior lineman we lose is Mertens....but get Olive, Appleby, and Boyland. Next in line would be Sidney M. There are a couple other guys further down the line as well....Dalton Field and Connor Cain.

It does suck....don't get me wrong. But, since he hasn't played a down we really don't know what we're losing.
Good points. As somebody mentioned, you just never know what is going on in an 18 year olds mind...especially when they make the transition from Poop High School to playing real football. 4 years from now - nobody will remember this kid, or that he was ever a Cowboy. Moving on.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
mwc fan
Cowpoke

While at the game yesterday I got the scoop on Jackson's departure. Heard he was kicked off the team. Strike three with burning the herb according to a Dorm RA. So it wasn't a player volunteering to leave like what people were saying. :whistle:
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

mwc fan wrote:While at the game yesterday I got the scoop on Jackson's departure. Heard he was kicked off the team. Strike three with burning the herb according to a Dorm RA. So it wasn't a player volunteering to leave like what people were saying. :whistle:
Maybe he is transferring to Humboldt State :cool:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.