DJ May Suspended

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Well no wonder he was reportedly practicing with the D-side of the team then. None of them show up.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Ugh, DJ!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Well, I would rather have a coach drop the hammer on someone if they are breaking the rules than be like Florida State and turn your back on everything.

Sucks to see him not play, but may be a wakeup call for the players.
WyoSapper
Buckaroo

I agree with this move from Coach, though I will miss seeing his explosiveness tomorrow. While it will suck to be without him, it does several things. It reinforces the idea that personal accountability in all aspects of the athlete's life are going to be evaluated and reinforced by the coaching staff. This goes a long way in changing the overall culture of mediocrity and selfishness that sometimes creeps into the college athlete's life and that was obviously tolerated by the previous staff. It lets the athlete know that they have more than themselves to think about and that their actions will have consequences. They are not just playing for themselves, but for everyone who wears the uniform and that they represent the institution and state of Wyoming. It also serves as an opportunity for the younger guys or the ones who don't get as many reps to step into the breach and see what they can do. I support this even if the move results or contributes to a loss tomorrow because if we want to see the caliber of team on the field that many of us talk about, we need to hold players accountable for their actions. It has been done by Shyatt and it can and should also apply to football.
Last edited by WyoSapper on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Glad to see this too. Obviously, not because this happened, but because there is a standard set that will be adhered to.

In his prior job, I believe Bohl wished to suspend several players for some major violations, but was probably overridden by administration lusting for wins at any cost. I'm glad to see that it appears the administration at U-Dub is going to let him do his job.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
BJC
A Real Cowboy

what are the rumors as to what he did/didnt do?
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

WyoSapper wrote:I agree with this move from Coach, though I will miss seeing his explosiveness tomorrow. While it will suck to be without him, it does several things. It reinforces the idea that personal accountability in all aspects of the athlete's life are going to be evaluated and reinforced by the coaching staff. This goes a long way in changing the overall culture of mediocrity and selfishness that sometimes creeps into the college athlete's life and that was obviously tolerated by the previous staff. It lets the athlete know that they have more than themselves to think about and that their actions will have consequences. They are not just playing for themselves, but for everyone who wears the uniform and that they represent the institution and state of Wyoming. It also serves as an opportunity for the younger guys or the ones who don't get as many reps to step into the breach and see what they can do. I support this even if the move results or contributes to a loss tomorrow because if we want to see the caliber of team on the field that many of us talk about, we need to hold players accountable for their actions. It has been done by Shyatt and it can and should also apply to football.
Not to completely disagree with you, but the previous staff had several players sit out for violation of team rules. Claiborne was one of them last year. And it was almost one per year.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Wasn't Awrabi booted off last year?
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

That said, I'm a pretty forgiving fan. Pay his dues, learn from it and get your crap together and get back.

Come on DJ. Crap like this does hurt the team. For no other reason it is a distraction on homecoming weekend and a MUST WIN.

We will definitely miss him tomorrow.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Good for Bohl. Glad he isn't the sweep it under the rug type of guy. DJ has to get his priorities straight, he let his team down in a big way. Would love to see Hill take advantage of this opportunity to help out in the backfield.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote:Well, I would rather have a coach drop the hammer on someone if they are breaking the rules than be like Florida State and turn your back on everything.

Sucks to see him not play, but may be a wakeup call for the players.
Agreed. Though I doubt it's anywhere near as serious as rape, I'm glad Bohl doesn't sweep these sorts of things under the rug.

And, as much of a disaster DC was as a HC, he too kept players in line or they would sit out.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I guess DJ means "Dumb Jock".
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Violation of team rules could be pretty much anything, right? Including missing practice because your alarm didn't go off?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Violation of team rules could be pretty much anything, right? Including missing practice because your alarm didn't go off?
Yep. A lot of things go into "violation of team rules". So short of an actual crime, it's most likely something stupid.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

One thing you can say about DC and the same for Bohl, is that he kept the athletes grades up and made them accountable for their actions.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Mini rant: player's grades are on them. All a player owes the team is to be eligable. Sure a team full of rocket surgeons would be great but you can only lead the horse to water.

You are at the school to win.

Passing class and staying out of trouble should be a given and not excuse for losses.

O line doesn't appear all that great. Realizing it is a new system etc but watching the game....they don't appear strong or nasty. The offense looks inept. Qb looks confused and made some horrendous passes.

*the catch at the end of the game was close but I would have called it a catch. Second guy went for the ball and should have hit the reciever.

Sent from my phone and shaky hand....appears we have a long way to go :twocents:
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

You all are over reacting...He made an honest mistake of which I cannot divulge. But I promise many of us have done the same thing. It was a case of bad timing. Had this happened any other day of the week he would have been playing. Just wait and see before you start throwing him under the bus. He is a good player and will be back this week.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Slow Hand wrote:You all are over reacting...He made an honest mistake of which I cannot divulge. But I promise many of us have done the same thing. It was a case of bad timing. Had this happened any other day of the week he would have been playing. Just wait and see before you start throwing him under the bus. He is a good player and will be back this week.
I figured it was just a minor thing that was probably stupid to do. If it had been anything serious, it would have been more than a 1 game suspension.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I never even saw DJ on the sidelines during the game and I was right behind the Cowboys sideline. So that was strange.