SJSU Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Brew_Poke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:In all honesty, why keep playing Kirk at this point. This was one of the easiest games remaining and he was terrible. We're not going anywhere anyway, so why not let one of the younger guys try?
Because then they'd burn a whole year of eligibility, and I think Bohl is thinking that playing Kirkegaard is in the best long-term interests of the team. At least that's what I hope he's thinking.
I'd just say that I guess we should trust and maybe believe that a guy (Bohl) who built a program from nothing to a three time champion probably has an idea of what he's doing. But it was a process at NDSU and will be here too.

The difference between Bohl and Glenn is that Bohl built NDSU. Glenn, he just stepped into a dynasty and continued the process for a few years.
I think Bohl will have this team progressing year to year. And I think patience is key to our progress. If he pulls a Glenn and starts with a bad year, follows with a good year and then progressively gets worse, then he's not able. But if his teams continue to progress like they did at NDSU, then we will be on the right track. And that's what this program needs. Not a quick fix. It needs a complete make over.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:In all honesty, why keep playing Kirk at this point. This was one of the easiest games remaining and he was terrible. We're not going anywhere anyway, so why not let one of the younger guys try?
Because then they'd burn a whole year of eligibility, and I think Bohl is thinking that playing Kirkegaard is in the best long-term interests of the team. At least that's what I hope he's thinking.
I'd just say that I guess we should trust and maybe believe that a guy (Bohl) who built a program from nothing to a three time champion probably has an idea of what he's doing. But it was a process at NDSU and will be here too.

The difference between Bohl and Glenn is that Bohl built NDSU. Glenn, he just stepped into a dynasty and continued the process for a few years.
I think Bohl will have this team progressing year to year. And I think patience is key to our progress. If he pulls a Glenn and starts with a bad year, follows with a good year and then progressively gets worse, then he's not able. But if his teams continue to progress like they did at NDSU, then we will be on the right track. And that's what this program needs. Not a quick fix. It needs a complete make over.
That's not quite fair to Glenn. He took a nothing program at Northern Colorado and turned them into 2x division 2 national champions before he went to Montana.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I was just talking about the comparison of the two at the FCS level. Glenn didn't have to build up Montana, it was already there. He just stepped in and continued the process. Bohl took and made something from nothing.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:I was just talking about the comparison of the two at the FCS level. Glenn didn't have to build up Montana, it was already there. He just stepped in and continued the process. Bohl took and made something from nothing.
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/di ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see double-digit win seasons galore in the 80s and 90s before Bohl showed. Bohl is much like Chris Petersen...he took NDSU to the next level, but NDSU has been having success for decades.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

J-Rod wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:I was just talking about the comparison of the two at the FCS level. Glenn didn't have to build up Montana, it was already there. He just stepped in and continued the process. Bohl took and made something from nothing.
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/di ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see double-digit win seasons galore in the 80s and 90s before Bohl showed. Bohl is much like Chris Petersen...he took NDSU to the next level, but NDSU has been having success for decades.

The real question is can Bohl turn Wyoming into Boise State 2.0?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: The real question is can Bohl turn Wyoming into Boise State 2.0?
Boise State has 6 losing seasons since World War II. There is no next Boise State. They are an anomaly in college sports.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

J-Rod wrote:
Boise State has 6 losing seasons since World War II. There is no next Boise State. They are an anomaly in college sports.
Then explain Nebraska. 9+ wins every year from 1962 to 2001 with the exception of two seasons (1967 & 1968).
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Then explain Nebraska. 9+ wins every year from 1962 to 2001 with the exception of two seasons (1967 & 1968).
Bob Devaney coaching tree.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Then explain Nebraska. 9+ wins every year from 1962 to 2001 with the exception of two seasons (1967 & 1968).
We're talking non-P5 schools here. I was referring to you suggesting another non-P5 school could be the next Boise. There is no next Boise.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
Wyokie wrote: Then explain Nebraska. 9+ wins every year from 1962 to 2001 with the exception of two seasons (1967 & 1968).
We're talking non-P5 schools here. I was referring to you suggesting another non-P5 school could be the next Boise. There is no next Boise.
I agree with this. The Power 5 schools are going to set their own rules and further separate themselves from the pack. FBS is two tiered already. They'll make it official. No way can a school sneak up on the Power 5 in the very near future.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
BJC
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:

D2 level ......he guided through transition to 1aa or fcs
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:

1. As was already mentioned, that success was at the Division II level.
2. When Bohl went to NDSU, they were coming off a 2-8 season.
3. I see 10 win seasons in the 80s and 90s at Wyoming too, does that mean you also won't give Bohl credit when he turns around the Cowboy program, either?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo