So close!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyovanian wrote:
snowsailor wrote:Same poop different year. This program will always be the same. 110-120 of all FBS teams. Get used to being a worst tier team Cowboys. Its what we are and always will be.
Know what? "Fans" like you, we don't need. :loser:
I second this. Take a hike.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:
snowsailor wrote:Same poop different year. This program will always be the same. 110-120 of all FBS teams. Get used to being a worst tier team Cowboys. Its what we are and always will be.
Know what? "Fans" like you, we don't need. :loser:
I second this. Take a hike.
The motion carries. All in favor, say "Aye".

Aye!

The "Ayes" have it. snowsailor will now be permabanned from the internet for all time.
wyoforever
Buckaroo

Bohl says those that stay will be champions. This also includes the fans. We must be patient and the next couple years may be just as rough as this year. When will we start to dominate? Don't know but it may not be till year 3 or 4. Bohl needs our full support just like they gave him in Fargo and he will deliver. Even though we are not winning the team is already more competitive than last year even with Brett Smith. Recruiting is also already improving so things are looking up.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

All will be forgiven if the Pokes beat CSU. But that just won't happen so we will have to wait a while.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:All will be forgiven if the Pokes beat CSU. But that just won't happen so we will have to wait a while.
Your attitude sucks. There's a reason they play the game. Why don't and snowsailor get together and go bowling...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I hate to say, but I'll be satisfied with a good showing in Fort Collins. A win...I don't think it's going to happen. CSU has way too much at stake in the upcoming MWC games. If they win out, they'll probably play in the MWC championship. I don't see Boise winning the rest of their games.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Hayduke wrote:I hate to say, but I'll be satisfied with a good showing in Fort Collins. A win...I don't think it's going to happen. CSU has way too much at stake in the upcoming MWC games. If they win out, they'll probably play in the MWC championship. I don't see Boise winning the rest of their games.
At this point, I would rather Boise win out. Mainly because aside from 2 or 3 Ram fans, the rest have been getting douchier and douchier over the course of the season.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:
Hayduke wrote:I hate to say, but I'll be satisfied with a good showing in Fort Collins. A win...I don't think it's going to happen. CSU has way too much at stake in the upcoming MWC games. If they win out, they'll probably play in the MWC championship. I don't see Boise winning the rest of their games.
At this point, I would rather Boise win out. Mainly because aside from 2 or 3 Ram fans, the rest have been getting douchier and douchier over the course of the season.
Mixed feelings here. I haven't ran into too many overzealous Ram fans in Fort Collins when I wear my Pokes gear. They're usually pretty nice, to be honest. For recruiting purposes, you're probably right. I'm just not a Ram hater, that school helped me finish my undergrad. I also stay off the MWC boards and Ramnation, so I don't see the more "douchier" posters that you probably have. That would probably change my opinion.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Looked at some of the game i recorded. While Kirk did have lots of pressure and the receivers didn't do him any favors, the running back slipped out the backfield on numerous occasions and was wide open. Now most Qbs would look to the hot route when the receivers can't get open. Kirk didn't do that at all. There was always a safety valve for him if he would've looked. The single most important part of being a Division 1 Qb is the ability to go through his progressions. If he simply locks on to the primary target then the DB will be on the receivers ass, which is what happened a lot. He has to feel the pressure and look for the dump pass. When he finally realized the dump pass was open all game it was already late in the 4th qtr. Which is why Wick had 4 receptions. But it was there on many, many occasions. He also would take the tougher deep throw to the wide receiver then hit the wide open TE on the out. Now i can't blame Kirk for the loss because he actually put the team in a position to win at the end of regulation. But our struggles are because of his inability to improvise after the primary read is covered. I put most of the blame on our inept offensive line. They simply are the worst group in the Mountain West. Zero nastiness and zero competitiveness. Funny thing I saw both kirk and Wick reach up a hand to their O linemen for help off the turff and they walked off without pulling them up. Enough said.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

mwc fan wrote: Funny thing I saw both kirk and Wick reach up a hand to their O linemen for help off the turff and they walked off without pulling them up. Enough said.
I didn't notice that but that's pretty f'ed up! I hate entitlement and people that can't take heat without being a whiny bitch - which this sounds like to me. Bring in some youngin's if the veterans want to mail it in.

More to the discussion, while the run blocking was pretty atrocious, I actually thought the line did give the Qb enough time on many of his hits/sacks. He can't expect to have 10 seconds to figure it out. If all he does is lock in anyway, get rid of the f-word rock!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:Everyone is blaming Kirk for this game, because we got only 3'points instead of 7. But let's really think on this, Kirk lead us down field and we got the lead late in the fourth, 20-17. Our D could've held SJS to a 4th and 11, and caused a punt or TO on downs, but Api-Api decided on a little hands to the face action, giving them an automatic 1st down. Where's his blame? So they go down and we hold them to a FG. 20-20. Kirk, who struggled along with litterally everyone else on the O side of the ball leads us down the field with less than a minute to go, and puts us in a great position to Win. Our kicker misses one of the kicks he practices all the time... Where's his blame? Our O Line played abysmal all day and Kirk couldn't go hardly one play without being hit! Where's the blame?
This game had A LOT of cause and effect, but EVERYONE is wanting to hangup on Kirk, and his mistake. Let's say Kirk is getting worse when he's getting hit every single snap and has to get rid of the ball in a hurry. Let's say he's getting worse when his WRs cannot get open at all! Let's say he's getting worse when he pulled a Brett Smith and started running the ball, and it was quite effective. Let's blame Kirk only, when he had zero TOs.
Everyone on the O except for Wick deserves blame for this one. Wick was fighting for yardage from three yards behind the line on. Blame DJ May for breaking team rules!
Stop crapping on Kirk all the time. Why were his numbers bad? Could it be for the same reason Wicks numbers were looking bad before the end of the fourth quarter, O Line not blocking for poop and WR making our O one deminsional by not creating separation and making themselves a viable go to target?
How about the play where he didn't see a wide open receiver standing alone in the end zone? Care to try to defend that?
Do you just really not like Kirk or did KansasCowboys post go right over your head?
His whole point is to not only blame Kirk. Yes Kirk f-word up, no one is saying he didn't so you can just get past that. His point is that several other players throughout the game did as well, so just blaming Kirk is not fair.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyovanian wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:All will be forgiven if the Pokes beat CSU. But that just won't happen so we will have to wait a while.
Your attitude sucks. There's a reason they play the game. Why don't and snowsailor get together and go bowling...
It's definitely not an attitude issue. It's realism. It's accepting the facts. Of course I want the Pokes to win. But CSU will be rated next week. So the Pokes are facing a ranked opponent on their turf. A great passing team against a team weak on pass defense. Do the math and accept the reality.

By the way, I offer this from Sir Francis Bacon: "Read not to contradict and confute but weigh and consider"
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Cam has to sit one year as per NCAA transfer rules. He will be the man next year though!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Slow Hand wrote:Cam has to sit one year as per NCAA transfer rules. He will be the man next year though!
True. Though he'll only have the one year. Who takes over in year 3 will basically show if the program is moving in the right direction.
poke em
Buckaroo

The negative fans are killing me. This team is so under talented they would have a tough time competing in the big sky. Next year will be better. Did you all expect a bowl game this year? Same crap on this forum as gowyogo over the years, everyone pointing fingers all over the place and piling on individual players and coaches just because you're embarrassed that your team lost.

Bohl will have this team clicking in year 3, and we'll see flashes of it next year. We're halfway through year one, have some f-word patience for poop's sakes.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

poke em wrote:The negative fans are killing me. This team is so under talented they would have a tough time competing in the big sky. Next year will be better. Did you all expect a bowl game this year? Same crap on this forum as gowyogo over the years, everyone pointing fingers all over the place and piling on individual players and coaches just because you're embarrassed that your team lost.

Bohl will have this team clicking in year 3, and we'll see flashes of it next year. We're halfway through year one, have some f-word patience for poop's sakes.
At the beginning of all this (the Bohl hire and such) I personally said that the first two years are going to be painful, with the transition from the spread to the pro style offense. Especially since Brett left a year early. But I also said that I would most likely rage anyways for one reason or another. Unfortunately, the Pokes looked promising even in the Oregon game, which got our hopes up that Bohl could magically turn us around in as little as 1 year. But then the wheels started coming off in one part or another. And the offense's inability to have consistency throughout the games is pretty frustrating, and that has quite a few different reasons. And the defense, which in the first couple of games had been stout against the run at least, ended up getting more and more shredded. Beginning with Oregon, than FAU, than Hawaii (their 3rd stringer at that) and now SJSU. It looked like at least the front 7 had figured out how to stuff the run until the Oregon game up until now. Once again, getting our hopes up for a miracle and then showing that they were indeed DC recruits.

So yeah, people are going to rage, especially after such a frustratingly close game where we had 2 chances to win during regulation, but could not capitalize on either. Such things are going to induce such things. It's part of being a fan.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

still disheartened by this loss, this team is NOT improving at all, so disappointed, gotta play the WHOLE game
SlowPoke
Buckaroo

I'm not sure what everyone expected this year. Entire new coaching staff with little or no time to recruit the type of players to fit their O/D/ST schemes. Changing from spread offense to ball control offense. Previous QB quits leaving the team without a [proven] QB. A culture of losing needing change to a positive outlook. And on, and on, and on.

The fact that working with very little from the previous DC era, there are signs of improvement in play using the leftover parts seems to point toward vast improvement next year. The staff has been noticeably changing the intangibles of the culture. And given Bohl's aggressive recruiting and a full year's time to work, one would expect the talent level to improve dramatically the next year or two. Ya gotta have some faith, but I certainly understand when you experience long term losing, it is tough to look to the positives.

Bohl's history is to build around strong defenses. So one has to ask, even with the limited time to work on strength and conditioning, is this year's D, tougher, stronger, better than last year's? If so, that is pointer to the direction which this team is headed. It's easier to build a strong defense than to build a strong offense. Offense takes a lot of experience and coordination. Defense is more strength and discipline. So improvement in defense should become obvious by the end of the season. If not, then there may be continued struggles ahead.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i expected to be able to tackle, make a play on occassion, and when someone's wide open and the whole stadium except the QB couldn't do it, I'd say there's an issue, is the speed of the game really that overwhelming for some. The coaches can do all they can it's the execution on the field that upsets me, week in and week out, sure if i saw some improvement but I'm not even getting that. Yes I expected a bowl game of some kind but I"m spoiled like that. and most fans should want that, 6-6 isn't really a tall order, except when we play 2 big boys. I just want to matter in the MWC that's all I'm asking for!!! And a miracle in beeeeting the sheeeep....
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

stymeman wrote:i expected to be able to tackle, make a play on occassion, and when someone's wide open and the whole stadium except the QB couldn't do it, I'd say there's an issue, is the speed of the game really that overwhelming for some. The coaches can do all they can it's the execution on the field that upsets me, week in and week out, sure if i saw some improvement but I'm not even getting that. Yes I expected a bowl game of some kind but I"m spoiled like that. and most fans should want that, 6-6 isn't really a tall order, except when we play 2 big boys. I just want to matter in the MWC that's all I'm asking for!!! And a miracle in beeeeting the sheeeep....
Your expectations are waaay out of whack. You think it's easy for a 5'9" db to tackle a 6'3" receiver? That may be overstating it a bit, but our secondary is small and not real fast. It's hard to tackle someone who's bigger and faster than you. Coaches can only do so much. Barry Switzer was once asked, who's the better coach, you or Jimmy Johnson? His reply? "When I had the better players, I was the better coach, when he had the better players, he was".

Coaches can teach technique and scheme and game plan. But players make the plays. This coach will be judged on his recruiting classes in a few years. I expect that if he has done well, some of his recruits will be making a major impact next year and even more the year after.

Here's what coaching has done so far: the defense has caused turnovers and scored a td in each of the last 2 games. The offense had no turnovers Saturday and in general, has played relatively mistake free in terms of fumbles and penalties all year. That's real progress. Now, we just need some size and a whole lot of speed.