So close!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Yes it is another L.
Yes we are falling behind in MWC play.
Yes an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

Whatever, we were tough out there.

I am actually getting some hope in this team and program again.

Yeah Colby missed the WR in the endzone.
How about that camoflauge? Brown and gold the exact color of the jerseys.

The kick was so close. Wick had to carry the load by himself today.
Weak secondary and we are still competing.

We need to go 3-2 to hit a bowl game this season.

Nothing is a for sure win, nothing is a for sure loss.

Pokes are playing tough and improving. I am buying back in.
Try and get the Boot along with a bowl game win and bring in Hoffman.

Grind it out Wyo.

I am behind Bohl.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Yes it is another L.

Grind it out Wyo.

I am behind Bohl.
I can't tell if this was supposed to be a joke or not. I hope it is. The end zone doesn't have a helmet on, or arms. or legs. And isn't moving.
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Utah State fan here.

Tough one guys. Sorry to see you lose.

Look, things hardly ever make a 180 in one year. Gary Andersen had two 4-8 seasons with us before things came together and we had a winning season. I think your team looks fundamentally sound. I think Bohl is a great coach. I hope you're bowl eligible this year, but if you're not, then it will be next year. Wyoming has too much going for it to be down for too long.

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!

PS
Wish us luck with the sheeeep today!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

LKGates wrote:Utah State fan here.

Tough one guys. Sorry to see you lose.

Look, things hardly ever make a 180 in one year. Gary Andersen had two 4-8 seasons with us before things came together and we had a winning season. I think your team looks fundamentally sound. I think Bohl is a great coach. I hope you're bowl eligible this year, but if you're not, then it will be next year. Wyoming has too much going for it to be down for too long.

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!

PS
Wish us luck with the sheeeep today!
We wish you luck at beating the sheep, but we are not that fundamentally sound. Like having 72 yards of offense through 3 quarters total is a good example of that.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

What do we have to gain from playing Kirk the rest of the way anyway? He's not going to be back next season no matter what.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote:What do we have to gain from playing Kirk the rest of the way anyway? He's not going to be back next season no matter what.
He plays hard, he's tough (considering all the sacks he's taken), and he steps up in the pocket. But his decision making is poor, he stares down his target, and so on.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:What do we have to gain from playing Kirk the rest of the way anyway? He's not going to be back next season no matter what.
This. We're not winning with him, and we're not building for the future. Time to make Captain Kirk Clipboard Kirk.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Not a joke.
I am serious.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

Grind it out Wyo.

I am behind Bohl.
Most simplistic nonsense I've ever read. We are not getting better. We were dominated on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters. The only offensive touchdown was Wick breaking a 4th and 1 where he hit just the right spot of the line.

Nothing is a sure loss? To win ANY of the next 4 games will be a huge upset. We will be double digit underdogs in every one of the next 4 games. In case you didn't look at the schedule, we don't have any more South Dakotas or FAU's.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Under Koenning, Glenn and DC this game would have either been over by half, and with Glenn we would have played tough and still lost in a convincing fashion (17-3 loss to UNM under Glenn)
This team, as "BAD" as we are fought back! And put themselves in a position to win, even in a terrible game. That to me is being on the right track, just not all piece in place. And we've also lost a crap ton of pieces due to injury.
Yarbrough hit freaking Beast Mode today!!! Very good to see from him. Nzeocha went out with an injury at half. Our DBS played tough. Yes, still a lot of mistakes, but better. And SJS had some really intense catches also.
Wick may have been stuffed all game, but he showed prowess till the end.
This year may suck, but seeing us compete the entire game is a boost in confidence for me.
I do think we are heading in the right direction.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:Under Koenning, Glenn and DC this game would have either been over by half, and with Glenn we would have played tough and still lost in a convincing fashion (17-3 loss to UNM under Glenn)
This team, as "BAD" as we are fought back! And put themselves in a position to win, even in a terrible game. That to me is being on the right track, just not all piece in place. And we've also lost a crap ton of pieces due to injury.
Yarbrough hit freaking Beast Mode today!!! Very good to see from him. Nzeocha went out with an injury at half. Our DBS played tough. Yes, still a lot of mistakes, but better. And SJS had some really intense catches also.
Wick may have been stuffed all game, but he showed prowess till the end.
This year may suck, but seeing us compete the entire game is a boost in confidence for me.
I do think we are heading in the right direction.
+1

This is what I am getting at.

Jesus some people get so pissed off at me for saying anything positive then flip poop if I say anything negative, then when I point it out they like to come and say "No it's just that (Insert personal attack about being stupid or something predictable here)."

Wyo got worked on both sides of the ball for 3 quarters?
Good thing there is 4! :shock:

If the FG is a half foot left we are singing a different tune about how Wyo fought out a tough game and winning ugly is better than losing pretty and we are Cowboy Tough and Bohl is a f-word God.
But because the kick bounces off the upright all of a sudden anything positive about the team is optimistic and the team obviously got worked on both sides of the ball (EVEN THOUGH WE WENT TO OVERTIME!!!).

The "fans" on this board kill me.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Grind it out Wyo.

I am behind Bohl.
BP, we don't agree often, but I fully agree with this post! There is no quit in this team and we are 4 inches away from discussing Colby's 2 really nice throws in the finals seconds of the 4th qtr. Win or lose, this team competes.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I'm to manage expectations. That said, the missed third and goal still has me amazed.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

djm19 wrote:I'm to manage expectations. That said, the missed third and goal still has me amazed.
I honestly think that the endzones camouflage players to an extent. We may need to re-consider our home unis.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Beaverpoke and his "fans" comment. No wonder everyone hates your guts
W-Y, Until I Die!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: I honestly think that the endzones camouflage players to an extent. We may need to re-consider our home unis.
No more than Boise St.'s blue field camouflages them. He simply missed it, wasn't even really looking in that direction. The entire stadium saw it and was beginning to cheer for the (likely) winning touchdown, only to realize after about 3 seconds that the QB wasn't going to throw him the ball. One of the weirdest noises I have ever heard.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:
djm19 wrote:I'm to manage expectations. That said, the missed third and goal still has me amazed.
I honestly think that the endzones camouflage players to an extent. We may need to re-consider our home unis.
Stop with this. The end zone doesn't have arms and legs. The truth is Kirkegaard has pre-determined who he is going to throw it to before the snap. He doesn't go through progressions. He is like a high school quarterback. He stares his receiver down from the snap until the incompletion or interception.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Come on you can come up with a better excuse than that.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Beaverpoke and his "fans" comment. No wonder everyone hates your guts
Everyone?
:orly:

Ya know that's a bummer because my goal was to have everyone on the internet love me!

:cry:
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:

So we're sitting high in the stands and the receiver's background is the endzone. Kolby is at ground level and the background is not the endzone but the fans and the fence.