Josh Doctson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Man, I wish he would have stuck around. Tearing it up with TCU. 225 yds and 2 TDs today.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

And who would pass it to him?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

djm19 wrote:And who would pass it to him?
The quarterback lining up behind center.

I was critical of Kirkegaard, but he is not as bad as people on here suggest.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:

You're right, he's worse. He can't even see a wide open receiver standing in the end zone when he's five yards from him.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:

Today was probably his worst day, but this was the first game that I thought QB play cost us. We weren't going to be MSU or Oregon with anybody under center and Kirkegaard played more than well enough to win in Hawaii. Today however he was awful.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:

Totally missed option 1 on his read. And it cost us the game. Seems like a nice enough guy... Just not fit to be a QB at fbs school.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

Totally missed option 1 on his read. And it cost us the game. Seems like a nice enough guy... Just not fit to be a QB at fbs school.
Eric was not even a read, Colby was directed to throw it to the backside RB by the OC or throw it away if he isn't open. That is why he didn't even look at Eric because he wasn't supposed to. Now, had he seen him and thrown it to him it probably would have been all right with the OC.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

So, he was told to throw it away if the RB wasn't open? That's because he can't make progressions and sucks balls.

A lot better than me though but I'm not getting free education to play QB
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

i always liked Josh myself, shoulda woulda coulda
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

Eric was not even a read, Colby was directed to throw it to the backside RB by the OC or throw it away if he isn't open. That is why he didn't even look at Eric because he wasn't supposed to. Now, had he seen him and thrown it to him it probably would have been all right with the OC.
Honestly, I don't know if I buy this. Where was Nzeocha running to then? if he wasn't a read at all...was he running to the bathroom? Was he supposed to make chicken noises and distract the defense?

Either way, if he wasn't "Option A" then he was AN option at some point. To think a coach told him "If the RB is covered and the TE is open, just throw that sumb#tch into the crowd..." is, well, asinine.

Maybe the OC told him to throw it away if no one was open meant, AFTER ALL YOUR READS, throw it away. Very very rarely is there ever one option on a roll out like that.

Plain and simple, he missed a WIDE open player he should have known was going to be over that way.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

djm19 wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Honestly, I don't know if I buy this. Where was Nzeocha running to then? if he wasn't a read at all...was he running to the bathroom? Was he supposed to make chicken noises and distract the defense?

Either way, if he wasn't "Option A" then he was AN option at some point. To think a coach told him "If the RB is covered and the TE is open, just throw that sumb#tch into the crowd..." is, well, asinine.

Maybe the OC told him to throw it away if no one was open meant, AFTER ALL YOUR READS, throw it away. Very very rarely is there ever one option on a roll out like that.

Plain and simple, he missed a WIDE open player he should have known was going to be over that way.
I agree. Common sense tells me that every receiver running a route is, at some point, a read...otherwise, why run the route?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

well put there's ALWAYS another option, ALWAYS, hence why is there a defense on the field then, oh, only throw to that guy, IF HE'S OPEN, LOOK AROUND FOR A CHANGE, plays get busted all the time, heck, I liked it when Colby became mobile for a change it was somewhat effective, yards were gained
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

It's obvious the play was designed to leak out a guy on the backside to throw to, but you're trying to tell me that was the only option on the play... That's a load of poop. There is no way the coaching staff is dumb enough to design such a stupid play. What was Colby supposed to do while the play developed... jerk himself off for a few seconds rather than looking at the guys running routes on that side of the field?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

The Assumption was made by the OC that the Tight End would be covered so he told the QB not to look at him He did this ALL WEEK IN PRACTICE. The thought was that the RB would be open. It all goes back to a conservative offensive philosophy. I am telling you I know this for a fact as stupid as it sounds it wasn't Captian Kirk's fault. Now a great QB would have at least looked off the safety and in doing so would have seen Eric.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:Man, I wish he would have stuck around. Tearing it up with TCU. 225 yds and 2 TDs today.
Screw that douche nozzle quitter.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:Man, I wish he would have stuck around. Tearing it up with TCU. 225 yds and 2 TDs today.
Screw that douche nozzle quitter.
He went back home and is starting for TCU. He won that decision!

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

The Assumption was made by the OC that the Tight End would be covered so he told the QB not to look at him He did this ALL WEEK IN PRACTICE. The thought was that the RB would be open. It all goes back to a conservative offensive philosophy. I am telling you I know this for a fact as stupid as it sounds it wasn't Captian Kirk's fault. Now a great QB would have at least looked off the safety and in doing so would have seen Eric.

Fair enough, but at some point he should have been told or at least seen the TE as an Option.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

Fair enough, but at some point he should have been told or at least seen the TE as an Option.
No arguments here.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

This can't be true! Why would he tell him to ignore a receiver on the play? If you think he's going to be covered, why even send him out on a pattern?! "Whatever you do, don't throw it to the wide open guy."
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:

This can't be true! Why would he tell him to ignore a receiver on the play? If you think he's going to be covered, why even send him out on a pattern?! "Whatever you do, don't throw it to the wide open guy."
If this is true, then the coaches are dumbing down the offense to an all time low. Seriously, tell the quarterback to look for your primary receiver and if he's covered, then just chuck it out of bounds. If that really is the case, then it speaks volumes to the talent level on the O-line (only a second or two to get the pass away), the receivers (unable to get separation at the line and get open), and the quarterback (no ability to go through his progressions if his first option is covered). poop, even the peewee football teams have more than one option on a pass play. This isn't conservative, it's pitiful if it is in fact true.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.