Wyoming opens +21.5 vs. Colorado State

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

No surprise there. Narrative this week will be that the Rams should win big. I'm intrigued by this game. Every time someone in this rivalry gets a little too cocky (and boy are the Rams fans cocky!), the other is right there to humble them. Rams appear to be a virtual lock for 11-1. Talking access bowl right now. Their heads are definitely up in the clouds. They may be right, but I doubt Bohl's going to make it easy on them.

This won't be an easy task though, that is clear. Grayson is the real deal.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

J-Rod wrote:.....definitely up in the clouds. They may be right, but I doubt Bohl's going to make it easy on them.
If Bohl can get his offensive coordinator and the team to play the ENTIRE game with the urgency they did in the last quarter of SJSU, then the Pokes will certainly beat the spread. Start out with the usual predictable stuff and the odds-makers could be right.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Largest spread in how long?
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Largest spread in how long?
A few weeks.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Largest spread in how long?
In the border war, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen a line like this since Vic. The line was probably double digits in Glenn's first year when we beat csewe and the mouthy bradlee van pelt. Great game in the snow.

Except for the Vic years, I can't remember a line like this except when we were favored way back when they had Earle Bruce coaching in the early 90's. I've truly enjoyed the last 2 border wars at Hughes. The great stiff arm by ACS on his way to a 50 yard td run was a classic. Anyway, I'll be there no matter what the line is.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

If they could put together a full game for once, especially on offense, and not stall 3/4 of the time, they MIGHT have a small chance. Yarbrough FINALLY stepped up against SJSU and caused havoc in their backfield. He and the rest of the d-line will need to step up big time this weekend if we want even a chance at slowing down CSU's offense. And especially with 4 starting defenders down (White for the season, the other 3 are currently unknown), everyone needs to step it up.
As for the o-line, if they play like what they did in the 4th quarter, you know, actually opening holes for Wick and protecting Kirk, we'll have a chance to at least keep drives going.

Finally, Vigen needs to counter blitz packages more than 2 times a game. Screens, quick slants, etc. And call good plays throughout the game so we can keep drives going. We have a great runningback with some pretty good backups, and some pretty good receivers led by Rufran. Let's use these guys to the best of their abilities.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Ugh that is ugly. 21.5?

Wow.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Ugh that is ugly. 21.5?

Wow.
To be honest, like I was telling Wyokie....without White in the secondary, 21.5 is conservative. Could make an argument for a larger spread.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:

Wow.
To be honest, like I was telling Wyokie....without White in the secondary, 21.5 is conservative. Could make an argument for a larger spread.
I am just waiting for someone to say "With DC the spread would be twice that big, thank god for Bohl".
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Yes, I meant in the border war. Seems like a loooong time since the teams have been this far apart. <sigh>
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Yes, I meant in the border war. Seems like a loooong time since the teams have been this far apart. <sigh>
Well at least been a while since they have been this far apart BEFORE the game.
I will still always remember the 44-0 Wyo win thinking "alright next year ACS will be a JR, this team might be moving in the right direction after all". And unfortunately I will always remember the ass-beating last season thinking "WTF, Brett Smith is a JR, and DC is in year 5, how in the hell is this happening, we are undoubtedly moving in the wrong direction".
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I still wake up in a cold sweat with flashbacks to them blowing us 5 yards off the line last year.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Csu is 29th in one poll and 30th in another.
Yikes
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

sounds about right, man i hope we go in there and remember how important this game really is, but with the thin Dback field we have now, and such I can see this getting ugly early, glad I'm not going and have other things to do this saturday, sorry
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I won't wager on this game, but if I had to, I would pick CSU to cover. CSU needs wins and style points.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Our defense is decimated with injuries. Hopefully we catch a cocky sheep team trying to force stuff in an attempt to humiliate us. This game will either be a blow out or we catch 'em overlooking us.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

if there ever was a week to fix all issues, come firing on all cylinders and shocking the MWC world this would be it, let's see how Bohl gets the 'boys ready
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

Wow.
I am just waiting for someone to say "With DC the spread would be twice that big, thank god for Bohl".
Your wait is over, "With DC the spread would be twice that big, thank god for Bohl".
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

FWIW, spread has fallen to 18.5
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:FWIW, spread has fallen to 18.5
A 3 point drop within 24 hours? Did Grayson sprain his throwing hand or something?