the spiral will continue

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

This last game I still have a thorn in my side on. Yeah they were the #1 defense in the conference and #3 nationwide, but when will we see true improvement?? Colby is NOT the answer and it's apparent. When he did get a bit mobile he was quite effective, but standing there like a statue is not the answer. Yeah the refs hosed us on that review, but i still can't understand how he did not see Nzocha WIDE OPEN in the back of the end zone, like the whole stadium did, and man where their gasps and coaching from the stadium going on there. But HOW could he not have seen him, ugh.
Missed FG's that'll happen on occassion, damn cross bar, but shouldn't happen at that point of the game, imo.

The "lack thereof" of a killer instinct and horrible playcalling in OT, all you have to do is get 1 1st down then work on getting it to the endzone, but 4 straight runs. Our secondary playing 8-10 yards off the ball and playing the receivers from behind, also, turn and look for the ball when it's thrown, etc, etc I could go on and on and on, but we get the just!!!
It's been talked about over and over again, was in the student section and Colby's Uncle likes to stand in there and start up conversations, and when he hears bad mouthing about Colby he gets in your face and wants to start fights, plain fact is he's not improving, he's not very good and something needs to change.

We'll get stomped by the sheep as much as that pains for me to say...I'm done ranting but I can't wait for basketball, sorry.....the bowl hopes just went down the proverbial toilet bowl imo.
hope I'm wrong but I wanna see Bohl get on this team, man them up and know that this CSU game truly is our bowl game.
frustration runs rampant...lol
BJC
A Real Cowboy

gets in other people's faces? :rofl:
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I guess uncle Kirk gets in a lot of fights then. The fans were pretty rough on him Saturday. Most drives went run for 3-4 yards, incomplete, incomplete, punt. It was ugly for a while. I can't for the life of me understand why he can't play the first 3 quarters like he does the 4th? Kirk does have some game, it's just not for 4 quarters.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

this Uncle Kirk is something, I watched him going from section to section, tries to friend you, then if you dawg him, man oh man, guess it's the only claim to fame this guy will ever have...lol....I've really tried to like Colby but when things don't work face it it won't work, I'm really scared going into sheep week, and usually that's not a feeling I get too often, ughhhh
UncleJamie
Buckaroo

I can understand being frustrated and second guessing. Met some nice folks on Saturday. Got in one fan's face when he called my nephew "f**king stupid" after I introduced myself as his Uncle. I'm pretty sure any good man would have done the same...or worse. I want you to think about one of your family members...one you've know since he was born...one you coached in youth football...one who's committed to the State of Wyoming and the University of Wyoming...one who pours his heart and soul into the team...one who lowers his shoulder and never slides...never! And a fan says what? I think I was being polite. Love you all. Support your team. They need that from you. Hope to be back. Hope to hear some kind words if I meet you. Looking forward to it.

Uncle Jamie
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I wouldn't like people talking poop about my kids or family members but I'd also be able to recognize if my kids/family members were over their head or flat out suck
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

i did talk with you for a bit, then that fiasco happened. The thing is in the student section that is going to happen, but it's more alcohol induced more than anything. Half those kids go to the game to get lit up and really could care less who wins or loses, i went there during "great Wyo football" 1988-1993, during the Roach Tiller years. We saw good football then, and I know with the right coaching and athletes we can get there again, but since 1996 and a couple of promising years and bowl wins we know this team can get it done if the fundamentals are met. But we have to play as a whole team. I've never questioned Colby's heart at all, in fact there are times I truly like what I see, but then there's times that I truly wonder what the heck he's really doing in there, as do most I'm sure. It's not a personal attack on the kid it's just the heat of the moment talk. It was a pleasure talking to you and I wish you and the family well, we're glad you are part of Pokes Nation and we appreciate all the hard work that's given week in and week out. It's just we want to see improvements from time to time. You oughta make the trek to the CSU game this weekend and see that melee that Hughes Stadium will bring, but if you do don't take the offense those Sheep fans will give him. LOL
Again thanx for coming but the remaining 2 games at home if you make it won't be any different, if the same results are apparent. Dress Warmly..lol and lets hope for a bit more improvement and hopefully this ship can get righted.
HighPlainsDrifter
Buckaroo

UncleJamie wrote:I can understand being frustrated and second guessing. Met some nice folks on Saturday. Got in one fan's face when he called my nephew "f**king stupid" after I introduced myself as his Uncle. I'm pretty sure any good man would have done the same...or worse. I want you to think about one of your family members...one you've know since he was born...one you coached in youth football...one who's committed to the State of Wyoming and the University of Wyoming...one who pours his heart and soul into the team...one who lowers his shoulder and never slides...never! And a fan says what? I think I was being polite. Love you all. Support your team. They need that from you. Hope to be back. Hope to hear some kind words if I meet you. Looking forward to it.

Uncle Jamie
Colby plays his heart out...that is readily apparent. He is a true leader on the field and has stepped up big time to win some games for us this year. I don't blame you for getting upset with some of the clowns that call themselves fans and run down a player like Colby to his Uncle's face. That is low class. As much as I love most of Wyo's fans, we unfortunately have our fair share of classless fools. Try to ignore them. They're not worth your family's time.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

UncleJamie wrote:I can understand being frustrated and second guessing. Met some nice folks on Saturday. Got in one fan's face when he called my nephew "f**king stupid" after I introduced myself as his Uncle. I'm pretty sure any good man would have done the same...or worse. I want you to think about one of your family members...one you've know since he was born...one you coached in youth football...one who's committed to the State of Wyoming and the University of Wyoming...one who pours his heart and soul into the team...one who lowers his shoulder and never slides...never! And a fan says what? I think I was being polite. Love you all. Support your team. They need that from you. Hope to be back. Hope to hear some kind words if I meet you. Looking forward to it.

Uncle Jamie
I never denied that Colby works his ass off and plays hard, not to mention he's pretty tough. And I don't blame you for sticking up for your nephew. I only want Colby (whom I've nicknamed Capt. Kirk) to get better, and there is definitely room for improvement, and not just for him, but for a lot of people on the team. Some more than others (not just Colby, who seems to lack pocket awareness. Not a dig, just an observation, but like our o-line and the secondary have quite a bit of room for improvement). Hope to meet you someday though! :thumb:
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

There's nothing more pathetic than an old man trying to pick fights. Grow up, Kirk's Uncle. Oh, and P.S. you're going to fight the entire fan base, because we all think your nephew sucks.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Speaking of classless... Cmon man.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Speaking of classless... Cmon man.
I have been saying I don't think he's any good since he lost to Cal-Poly last year. One of his relatives gets on, and I'm supposed to do an about-face? I'm sure Uncle Jamie has read my previous posts on the board about Kirk and knows where I stand. He may not agree with them, but I'm not going to pretend I suddenly think he's great because he has a relative on the board. That would be a pretty pussy move. He can defend his nephew, that's his right. I would do the same. Doesn't change my feelings on him any.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

There's a reason why I put him on ignore.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
There's a reason why I put him on ignore.
If you put me on ignore, then how do you know who he is referring to? Mind reading?
BJC
A Real Cowboy

SD is onfire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fuel:
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

BJC wrote:SD is onfire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fuel:
Look all I'm saying is I'm not the only one saying this stuff. I can go back to a few posts and copy and paste some stuff people were saying (but I'm not going to put people on blast like that) about Kirk all season and especially after last Saturday. "He sucks balls" is one quote. I'm not going to backtrack and try to pretend I didn't say those things about him AS A QUARTERBACK. I'm sure he's a great guy, nice, etc. I think he is a terrible quarterback that does not belong on an FBS team. My two cents. Take it or leave it. I'm sure most of you will leave it.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

As it often is, it was not your message but your delivery. Many of us believe it may be time to build for the future, but of course you found the douchiest way to say it. That being said, we all know family members of players need to have thick skin, but honestly I can't say I would've reacted differently then he did at the game. It's an emotional affair in general and people say and do emotional things without thinking clearly.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:As it often is, it was not your message but your delivery. Many of us believe it may be time to build for the future, but of course you found the douchiest way to say it. That being said, we all know family members of players need to have thick skin, but honestly I can't say I would've reacted differently then he did at the game. It's an emotional affair in general and people say and do emotional things without thinking clearly.
I will go a step further and say it was the message. Don't call out the player. What's Kolby supposed to do? Tell the coach that he refuses to play because some nameless idiots on a message board don't think he's good enough? Call out the coach for playing the wrong player. The player is just doing what he is told.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Only problem I have is calling out a kid that is doing the best he can and IS the best we have. It's not like he's out there intentionally sucking and starting over someone that is better than him. He's the best we have and I'm sure he wants to do better than he has been doing. It's totally your right to express your displeasure with him, but when it starts encroaching on the realm of being personal (I.E. your nephew sucks), that's when I think it's going a little far.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Only problem I have is calling out a kid that is doing the best he can and IS the best we have. It's not like he's out there intentionally sucking and starting over someone that is better than him. He's the best we have and I'm sure he wants to do better than he has been doing. It's totally your right to express your displeasure with him, but when it starts encroaching on the realm of being personal (I.E. your nephew sucks), that's when I think it's going a little far.
This.

You guys are obviously all experts, but I'll concede to the notion that Craig Bohl and his staff know more about football than me. If they think Colby is the best QB on our team, then I'll believe that he is.

He's not the best QB I've ever seen, there's no doubt. I've said this before and I'll keep saying it....we have known since the moment Thompson left us that the QB position was in serious trouble. Why did we suddenly expect that it would magically fix itself?

We also knew that the OLine was a HUGE question mark. What do you get when you combine a bad oline with a bad QB? We are witnessing it. Unfortunately for us, there's no scheme or coaching technique to IMMEDIATELY fix that. Talent isn't grown overnight.