Well, so much for my prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I thought we would win these close ones. Dang. I knew the MWC was bad enough that we would have several games that we would be "in". Unfortunately, CSU, USU, and BSU will all take us to the woodshed. FSU and UNM are toss-ups. I really thought our D would be a little better. Oh well, tough year as expected, but I was sure hoping we could squeak out these close ones to get bowl eligible. No need to panic for the future, though.

Honestly, I would focus on developing a wrecking defense first and foremost. Our O, as bad as it is, is nearly adequate for most MWC teams. We need improvement there, no doubt, but, a bad ass defense will go a long ways in this league.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: I really thought our D would be a little better.
About the defensive backfield. Is it the scheme or the players? Is the defensive coordinator trying to force a system on the players that they are not athletically able to handle? A good defensive coach initially adapts things to the players he inherited and then recruits players that can handle his type of defense.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote: I really thought our D would be a little better.
About the defensive backfield. Is it the scheme or the players? Is the defensive coordinator trying to force a system on the players that they are not athletically able to handle? A good defensive coach initially adapts things to the players he inherited and then recruits players that can handle his type of defense.
Probably a little of both...
mwc fan
Cowpoke

If the backside of our line can hold their gaps we may have scored on the 4th down play to end the game. The same blocking problem that lost us the game at Hawaii has not been fixed. That isn't a sign of progress.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

mwc fan wrote:If the backside of our line can hold their gaps we may have scored on the 4th down play to end the game. The same blocking problem that lost us the game at Hawaii has not been fixed. That isn't a sign of progress.
These guys, other than Cummings, are all DC recruits, and that was one position on offense that DC failed to do good at, be it recruiting or developing, though the developing part basically went for the whole team. It's going to take time for the o-line to become at least solid. And by time, I mean probably a couple of years. Cummings, for a Freshmen, has shown a lot of promise, especially since he's at left tackle. This year and next were going to be pretty painful to watch, that was obvious as soon as we learned that Bohl would be taking over, as it takes time to transition from one type of offense, to basically it's complete opposite, especially more than half a year. Same goes for the defense, considering DC did not give a rat's ass about them for 5 years, the defense has been severely under developed, even compared to the other players.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i just wanna see some kinda adjustment, I'd be happy with that, but it's just not there. playing the defenders from behind, never looking back to see the ball in the air, and don't get me started on tackling...i could go on and on and on.........
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I think USU at home will be more of a toss up than Fresno on the road, especially now that it sounds like Garretson may be done.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:I think USU at home will be more of a toss up than Fresno on the road, especially now that it sounds like Garretson may be done.
Wow. USU on their 3rd string QB this year. Garretson was looking better than Keaton though. But still.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
J-Rod wrote:I think USU at home will be more of a toss up than Fresno on the road, especially now that it sounds like Garretson may be done.
Wow. USU on their 3rd string QB this year. Garretson was looking better than Keaton though. But still.
Harrison sucks. USU's defense will single handily keep them in games, though. (where we lack).

We have Harrison and no D.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

at least Eddie showed up, finally and caused some commotion in the backfield, that's was truly missing earlier
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: Harrison sucks. USU's defense will single handily keep them in games, though. (where we lack).

We have Harrison and no D.
USU just literally became Wyoming overnight. Only difference is the Aggie defense is stout, Wyoming is still a little inconsistent at times. But Wyoming gets them at home.

Rumor is Garretson broke his wrist pretty bad. They'll be down to Harrison, and if he turns out to be horrible...they may burn the redshirt of Myers. MAYBE...that sounds like a dumb plan 7 games into the season.