The good news: we have a chance to drop a giant duece in

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

CSU's punch bowl. This is their best season since Sonny. We could really piss off some sheepdips if we find a way to win.

Go Pokes. Zero expectations means no pressure and a giant opportunity to piss off the greenified hippies down south.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Good point.

Absolutely nothing to lose.

Gotta...start....being...positive....
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Even the local media is starting to get a little cocky. CSU beat writers pretty much dismissed Wyoming's chances, forecasting a beat down.
hickaggie
Buckaroo

J-Rod wrote:Even the local media is starting to get a little cocky. CSU beat writers pretty much dismissed Wyoming's chances, forecasting a beat down.
I would bet the house on Wyoming covering. CSU is extremely overrated and unlike USU you guys have an offense. How can a team that went an entire game and didn't get into the red zone after the first play be cocky. Grayson folds when pressured and they don't have much else. It was the most pathetic loss in years for USU. You guys won't let it happen.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

i'm glad i'm 45 miles away, don't think i'll make any trek down to Foco this week, just don't wanna see/hear any of their BS this week. Cmon Pokes get it done
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

I'm glad I don't work there anymore and have to deal with the bs.

But I see this as a classic let down game for CSEwe. Nobody is giving it much thought and fans are already talking about "fast-forwarding" to the SJSU game. Getting votes in the Top 25, looking forward to the next game, and a relatively weak schedule so far stand in our favor.

And I thought I remember something about Bohl really not liking McElwain and CSEwe in general, but I may have made that up. Something about him not being treated well at all when NDSU played there a few years ago? If that's true, I think the staff finds a way to get the team emotionally well-prepared for this game, and we come out swinging.

IMO, it comes down to who has the ball last, as I think this will be a close one.

GO POKES!
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

I'm glad I don't work there anymore and have to deal with the bs.

But I see this as a classic let down game for CSEwe. Nobody is giving it much thought and fans are already talking about "fast-forwarding" to the SJSU game. Getting votes in the Top 25, looking forward to the next game, and a relatively weak schedule so far stand in our favor.

And I thought I remember something about Bohl really not liking McElwain and CSEwe in general, but I may have made that up. Something about him not being treated well at all when NDSU played there a few years ago? If that's true, I think the staff finds a way to get the team emotionally well-prepared for this game, and we come out swinging.

IMO, it comes down to who has the ball last, as I think this will be a close one.

GO POKES!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I remember similar talk in Glenn's first year when they had Van Pelt. No chance. We were going to lose by half a hundred. They were going to maul us. I actually remember similar talk last year, going the other way.

This is a rivalry game. Who knows what will happen. We have injuries...but so do they. I love the huge spread...it will layer on more motivation. Also, I imagine that Bohl remembers Mac's antics to block Pete Thomas and his transfer...

We lost relatively close games to Hawaii and SJSU...with no offense and a very bendy defense. We may lose...everything says we should, but we have to stay behind the kids and Bohl. If you consider how Bohl's recruits that have played have panned out so far, we are going in the right direction. It may be painful for the next couple years, but we will be just fine.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

wellpoke wrote:I'm glad I don't work there anymore and have to deal with the bs.

GO POKES!
I can tell you the part about Bohl and CSU is correct. One of the defensive guys on the team in my class said the first thing Bohl told them when he got here was I hate those mother f-word.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

If we can keep it close the pressure will mount on the sheepies. This would be a fan base and momentum crushing victory if Wyoming pulls it out.

If we lose, we're supposed to(by 19 I think). We're in rebuilding year number one from a coach that didn't recruit defensive players.

If they lose, they might be out of the race for the championship game, their fans will jump off the bandwagon, and everyone in Fort Collins will be rushing to the nearest dispensary to fill their meds.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

If we were healthy on defense, I'd believe we wouldn't only cover the spread, but that we'd upset them in a way that would leave their stadium empty for the remainder of the season.

As it is, though... they have a decent QB, decent running attack, and we're missing half our linebacking corps and half our secondary. We better create a _lot_ of turnovers.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

YankPoke wrote:
wellpoke wrote:I'm glad I don't work there anymore and have to deal with the bs.

GO POKES!
I can tell you the part about Bohl and CSU is correct. One of the defensive guys on the team in my class said the first thing Bohl told them when he got here was I hate those mother f-word.
This is music to my ears. We may or may not win this weekend but goddamn I am glad to hear that there is some passionate hate of our rivals coming from the top. I miss the days when you were allowed to just f-word hate an opponent. That will rub off on the players.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

[quote="Cowduck]

This is music to my ears. We may or may not win this weekend but goddamn I am glad to hear that there is some passionate hate of our rivals coming from the top. I miss the days when you were allowed to just f-word hate an opponent. That will rub off on the players.[/quote]

I read in the Coloradoan that Coach Mac brought out the Bronze Boot to "inspire" his players about the importance of the rivalry. I'm thinking that if he has to do something like that, are the players overlooking UW and dreaming of the glory of a MW Championship game?

I hope so.

BTW, sold out at Hughes Stadium.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Here's the video they put out. Not sure how I feel about it - makes it seem like we are playing some regular conference opponent like UNM. Where's the hatred and poop that happened like snowballs and mascot fights and the brutal hits!? No passion! Anyways.. F CSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIs9ENBRb9w

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

hickaggie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Even the local media is starting to get a little cocky. CSU beat writers pretty much dismissed Wyoming's chances, forecasting a beat down.
I would bet the house on Wyoming covering. CSU is extremely overrated and unlike USU you guys have an offense. How can a team that went an entire game and didn't get into the red zone after the first play be cocky. Grayson folds when pressured and they don't have much else. It was the most pathetic loss in years for USU. You guys won't let it happen.

Uhhh...you clearly haven't watched Wyoming's offense.