Injuries

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Hill has been far from a disappointment as a player goes, Sure he hasn't had any Wick runs but he is an integral piece of our special teams and when he isn't on the kick coverage you can clearly tell he isn't there.
And Hill, when he is in the backfield, he shows much of what we saw with Wick and May when they were Freshmen. Nothing amazing in the stats, but keeps churning the legs and doing what he can to get yards. Remember, he is a true freshmen. He's not afraid to lower his shoulder, he's just not as powerful as Wick is, YET. Give Hill a year or two and I think we could be pretty happy with him. Because he sure as hell isn't tentative on his runs.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

You're right about that, Hill has not been afraid to lower his shoulder and take on a player. I think this is a perfect "next man up" opportunity for Hill. I would be a little hesitant to see Tapscott or Stover in the game. If there had to be a sub I think Tapscott would be in before Stover, because Stover has a redshirt year at stake. Makes no sense to burn that for a few plays. But like I said before it's hard for backs to look stellar when your running on an 8-9 man front. Kirk buddy you got to make those throws against man coverage. It won't get any easier then that.