Injuries

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wwcc22
Buckaroo

Anyone hear any updates on the injuries from this past weekend
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Mark Nzeocha is doubtful.
Sonny Puletasi is questionable.
DeAndre Jones is probable.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

bleak, bleaker and bleakest, lol
mwc fan
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:Mark Nzeocha is doubtful.
Sonny Puletasi is questionable.
DeAndre Jones is probable.

At least it didn't read "out for the year" on any of them. So that's good news.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

My 2 cents. Mark is done, torn ACL: Sonny is probably done: DEAndre will be back next week.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:My 2 cents. Mark is done, torn ACL: Sonny is probably done: DEAndre will be back next week.
That sucks if both Mark and Sonny are done half way through their senior season. I thought Wacha played well in Nzoecha's absence. Luckily we have a little depth in those areas.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:My 2 cents. Mark is done, torn ACL: Sonny is probably done: DEAndre will be back next week.
That sucks if both Mark and Sonny are done half way through their senior season. I thought Wacha played well in Nzoecha's absence. Luckily we have a little depth in those areas.

Yes it really sucks and lets be clear here, this is simply my speculation based on a few observations.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

I would trade a full DeAndre for a half Nzoecha.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:I would trade a full DeAndre for a half Nzoecha.
My god good man have you lost your f-word mind.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Cuttslam wrote:
That's beside the point. ;)

But Mark at 50% is still MUCH better on the field than Andrea at 100%.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Deandre Jones' head injury was kind of a scary moment, he collapsed before he could even get close to the sideline
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Do you really think it matters, Eddie?
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:
That's beside the point. ;)

But Mark at 50% is still MUCH better on the field than Andrea at 100%.
McPeachy, I apologize I read that wrong. You were correct in that statement.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Okay, where are you guys seeing this? There's a huge difference between "questionable/probable" and "most likely done for the season".
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Ouch. Puletasi is questionable...so at least that suggests he'll be back soon. Losing him too would have resulted in the defense falling apart.
https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/524687152630992896
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote:Okay, where are you guys seeing this? There's a huge difference between "questionable/probable" and "most likely done for the season".
Boomerang this morning.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Losing Nzeocha and White those are potentially the biggest losses we could suffer those are both season changers no one is going to fill all 4 of those shoes. Hell we couldn't fill those 4 shoes with 8 people on the bench.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:Losing Nzeocha and White those are potentially the biggest losses we could suffer those are both season changers no one is going to fill all 4 of those shoes. Hell we couldn't fill those 4 shoes with 8 people on the bench.
Said all off-season that a big reason why it's hard to see a shock 7+ win season in year #1 is because of the overall lack of depth. There are few teams in the MW that lack depth quite like this Wyoming team. They were always walking on thin ice. Bohl is the right man for the job, but people need to realize there is no quick fix here. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see a bowl game until year 3 or 4.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Losing Nzeocha and White those are potentially the biggest losses we could suffer those are both season changers no one is going to fill all 4 of those shoes. Hell we couldn't fill those 4 shoes with 8 people on the bench.
Said all off-season that a big reason why it's hard to see a shock 7+ win season in year #1 is because of the overall lack of depth. There are few teams in the MW that lack depth quite like this Wyoming team. They were always walking on thin ice. Bohl is the right man for the job, but people need to realize there is no quick fix here. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see a bowl game until year 3 or 4.
Yep. I've been saying, things in the first couple years would probably be pretty painful. And when he get his guys in, we should be doing better. Right now, I think Wick, May, Nzeocha, Mertens, Van Maanen, Rufran, and Claiborne are the only ones really up to par right now from DC's group. Others do try hard and play their heart out (Kirk, Gentry, White, special teams), show flashes at times, but not quite up to par, which some blame can fall on the previous staff for that, since they never really bothered to develop players. But positions like the o-line (which has been a weakness for sometime now, a lot of that going on the previous staff that failed to do anything with them), secondary (which has basically regressed, as many started out promising but got worse over the year, with Burns the prime example, but DC didn't care one bit about defense), and other positions and players are just not where they should be, especially after DC had 5 years to recruit and develop players, which he never really did. For the most part, they had to do that on their own.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Nzeocha was walking quite well on the sideline if in fact he has a torn ACL. Most are in crutches after a torn ACL.