Injuries

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

mwc fan wrote:Oh crap! I was afraid of that. Seems like we have the football gods against us this season. They were on our side early in the year then something happened. After the second half against Hawaii the Wheels have been falling off. Brian Hill needs to step up his game and start producing while he gives Wick a break. DJ was valuable in the return game and as a change of pace Back. Next man up again.
No kidding. Damn it's tough to be a Cowboy fan!

Hope the kid fully recovers - not going to be a shoe-in to do so, without some serious work and desire, for fall 2015.

Does this mean Omar Stover (SO) is back as 3rd string? Nico Evans (FR)? Joshua Tapscott (RS FR)?

Any of them been practicing with the safeties this week? Ugh.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unfortunately, it is happening to about every team in college football this time of year. Injuries are part of it and it gives other guys a chance to play and step up.

I am bummed for May. Knee injuries are a pain to recover from ala Keeton from USU. May never be the same.

We need to endure this season and not panic with pulling redshirts of our future. Coach Bath is killing it in recruiting right now. Although sucky, we need to endure this year with who we have.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

The silver lining to all the injuries is a bunch of young guys are guaranteed to get valuable game experience. I really feel for all of these guys who are suffering season, or in some cases, career-ending injuries, and their losses will be felt very severely in the near term. But if there's any positive, it's that in the long view it will pay dividends in depth down the road. This was always going to be a long rebuilding project, so it sucks for these guys and it sucks for us as fans right now, but patience will pay off in the end.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Cowduck wrote:The silver lining to all the injuries is a bunch of young guys are guaranteed to get valuable game experience. I really feel for all of these guys who are suffering season, or in some cases, career-ending injuries, and their losses will be felt very severely in the near term. But if there's any positive, it's that in the long view it will pay dividends in depth down the road. This was always going to be a long rebuilding project, so it sucks for these guys and it sucks for us as fans right now, but patience will pay off in the end.
Game experience? That's the lighter side of saying it ... Generally it's ," So and So Sucks! They're not ready to compete at this level! We'll never win or stope the run or stop the pass with So and So in!"
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:Does this mean Omar Stover (SO) is back as 3rd string? Nico Evans (FR)? Joshua Tapscott (RS FR)?
Found my own answer.

1st - Wick
2nd - Hill
3rd - Stover & Tapscott, in no particular pecking order.

Guess Stover & Tapscott both suited up for SJSU, but neither played.
Last edited by McPeachy on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Karma,

mwc fan
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Does this mean Omar Stover (SO) is back as 3rd string? Evans (FR)? Joshua Tapscott (RS FR)?
Found my own answer.

1st - Wick
2nd - Hill
3rd - Stover & Tapscott, in no particular pecking order.

Guess Stove & Tapscott both suited up for SJSU, but neither played.
Did anyone read Gags Thursday open blog? Someone named Midwest Poke was trolling hard and giving Gags a hard time. He said there is some conspiracy going on with in the Bohl regime. Most of it was about Stover and how his skills are not being utilized. From what I hear Stover cannot adapt to the power game. And Tapscott leapfrogged Stover on the Chart, which drove Midwest Poke crazy. My thoughts are if he's not happy that Stover is buried on the scout team maybe he should transfer out instead of calling our coaching staff out, and spreading his hate on anyone within an ear shot. We don't need fans like that. We all knew it would take time to transition. Hell we could be 5-2 if the ball bounces our way.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

mwc fan wrote: Did anyone read Gags Thursday open blog? Someone named Midwest Poke was trolling hard and giving Gags a hard time. He said there is some conspiracy going on with in the Bohl regime. Most of it was about Stover and how his skills are not being utilized. From what I hear Stover cannot adapt to the power game. And Tapscott leapfrogged Stover on the Chart, which drove Midwest Poke crazy. My thoughts are if he's not happy that Stover is buried on the scout team maybe he should transfer out instead of calling our coaching staff out, and spreading his hate on anyone within an ear shot. We don't need fans like that. We all knew it would take time to transition. Hell we could be 5-2 if the ball bounces our way.
Interesting...

Tapscott had a much better spring than Stover. Tapscott proved to be a power North-South runner (which probably gave 'ol Bohly a semi).

That said, I will be surprised if we don't see at least one of them get 5+ carries against the sheep. Hill, the last few games, has been disappointing.
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

McPeachy wrote:
mwc fan wrote: Did anyone read Gags Thursday open blog? Someone named Midwest Poke was trolling hard and giving Gags a hard time. He said there is some conspiracy going on with in the Bohl regime. Most of it was about Stover and how his skills are not being utilized. From what I hear Stover cannot adapt to the power game. And Tapscott leapfrogged Stover on the Chart, which drove Midwest Poke crazy. My thoughts are if he's not happy that Stover is buried on the scout team maybe he should transfer out instead of calling our coaching staff out, and spreading his hate on anyone within an ear shot. We don't need fans like that. We all knew it would take time to transition. Hell we could be 5-2 if the ball bounces our way.
Interesting...

Tapscott had a much better spring than Stover. Tapscott proved to be a power North-South runner (which probably gave 'ol Bohly a semi).

That said, I will be surprised if we don't see at least one of them get 5+ carries against the sheep. Hill, the last few games, has been disappointing.
I can only remember one good run by Hill all year. The one in the second half vs. Montana
mwc fan
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Interesting...

I can only remember one good run by Hill all year. The one in the second half vs. Montana

And that run was against a beaten down Montana defense. Still I think Hill knows his asignments on the field and is not afraid to stick his head in there and pass block. It's not fair to compare our other backs to Wick, who will more then likely become Wyomings career rushing leader next season. He's a veteran and the other guys are greenhorns. Still someone needs to step up and help Wick stay fresh. Also Not many backs are going to look good running against an 8 man front. But if Hill or Tapscott can get 3 to 4 yards a carry when they're in that would be positive.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Hill has been far from a disappointment as a player goes, Sure he hasn't had any Wick runs but he is an integral piece of our special teams and when he isn't on the kick coverage you can clearly tell he isn't there.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:Hill has been far from a disappointment as a player goes, Sure he hasn't had any Wick runs but he is an integral piece of our special teams and when he isn't on the kick coverage you can clearly tell he isn't there.
And Hill, when he is in the backfield, he shows much of what we saw with Wick and May when they were Freshmen. Nothing amazing in the stats, but keeps churning the legs and doing what he can to get yards. Remember, he is a true freshmen. He's not afraid to lower his shoulder, he's just not as powerful as Wick is, YET. Give Hill a year or two and I think we could be pretty happy with him. Because he sure as hell isn't tentative on his runs.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

You're right about that, Hill has not been afraid to lower his shoulder and take on a player. I think this is a perfect "next man up" opportunity for Hill. I would be a little hesitant to see Tapscott or Stover in the game. If there had to be a sub I think Tapscott would be in before Stover, because Stover has a redshirt year at stake. Makes no sense to burn that for a few plays. But like I said before it's hard for backs to look stellar when your running on an 8-9 man front. Kirk buddy you got to make those throws against man coverage. It won't get any easier then that.