My thoughts on the Sheep

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
hickaggie
Buckaroo

You guys are entirely too pessimistic on your chances. Except for 2 plays where the Aggie Defense failed against some no name sophomore wideout they didn't live up to the hype at all. On the first play, Our corner got lazy and tried to play powder puff patty cake instead of tackling the guy and he stayed in bounds. On the second play our safety whiffed the hail mary pick. Other than that Grayson was his usual pathetic self (I've only watched him against the Aggies and don't get the hype).

They did have a new RB who is better than that Bibby kid who absolutely sucked when I watched him vs. USU. The new guy lit the Aggies up for 60 yards including the play that set up the hail mary and averaged 5 yards per carry, which no RB has done in a long time, but you'll contain him just fine if you follow USUs game plan and just pressure and sack Grayson and force them into 3rd and longs. Funny how we set the blue print for stopping him the last two years and no one seems to watch film.

The Cowboy rushing offense is much better than the Aggies and you won't be playing your 3rd string QB. I think you light them up.

The Sheep offense I saw was pathetic overall. They made it to the red zone one time on that first play and despite no TOs never got there again. Their kicker bailed them out with FGs of 52, 46, and 47 yards.

Good luck. We need you guys to come through and get your mojo back and give the Rammies their 2nd conference loss. I don't look forward to playing you guys in Laramie at all with our pathetic situation on offense. I'm afraid it'll be a long game with the Cowboys earning the rifle and some much deserved pay back for the last two meetings.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

hickaggie wrote:You guys are entirely too pessimistic on your chances. Except for 2 plays where the Aggie Defense failed against some no name sophomore wideout they didn't live up to the hype at all. On the first play, Our corner got lazy and tried to play powder puff patty cake instead of tackling the guy and he stayed in bounds. On the second play our safety whiffed the hail mary pick. Other than that Grayson was his usual pathetic self (I've only watched him against the Aggies and don't get the hype).
Except our corners really suck. They have a hard time covering 2 or even 3 on 1.
They did have a new RB who is better than that Bibby kid who absolutely sucked when I watched him vs. USU. The new guy lit the Aggies up for 60 yards including the play that set up the hail mary and averaged 5 yards per carry, which no RB has done in a long time, but you'll contain him just fine if you follow USUs game plan and just pressure and sack Grayson and force them into 3rd and longs. Funny how we set the blue print for stopping him the last two years and no one seems to watch film.
Our rush defense is very hit and miss. Sometimes they look pretty good, stuffing the run for no more than 2 yards, and other times they get blown 5 yards off the ball. In pass rushing, if Yarbrough picks up where he left off against SJSU, he should do alright. But if he goes back to how he was before, we'll be lucky to get any pressure on him.
The Cowboy rushing offense is much better than the Aggies and you won't be playing your 3rd string QB. I think you light them up.
Our rush offense is only good when our o-line actually opens up a lane, which they don't do as often as they should. And our QB was our 4th string QB last year. That is where we are at there.
The Sheep offense I saw was pathetic overall. They made it to the red zone one time on that first play and despite no TOs never got there again. Their kicker bailed them out with FGs of 52, 46, and 47 yards.
Our defense stuffed Air Force's triple option, but against Hawaii they bowled us over nearly the whole game, and now we are down our best tackler, not only as a linebacker, but on the defense as a whole in Mark Nzeocha. Otherwise, they sometimes wrap up, and other times the ball carrier just shrugs them off.
Good luck. We need you guys to come through and get your mojo back and give the Rammies their 2nd conference loss. I don't look forward to playing you guys in Laramie at all with our pathetic situation on offense. I'm afraid it'll be a long game with the Cowboys earning the rifle and some much deserved pay back for the last two meetings.
Good luck to you guys too. And we may have your 3rd string QB look like a Heisman candidate. That's what we did against Hawaii's "bad" QB.
hickaggie
Buckaroo

fromolwyoming wrote:
hickaggie wrote:You guys are entirely too pessimistic on your chances. Except for 2 plays where the Aggie Defense failed against some no name sophomore wideout they didn't live up to the hype at all. On the first play, Our corner got lazy and tried to play powder puff patty cake instead of tackling the guy and he stayed in bounds. On the second play our safety whiffed the hail mary pick. Other than that Grayson was his usual pathetic self (I've only watched him against the Aggies and don't get the hype).
Except our corners really suck. They have a hard time covering 2 or even 3 on 1.
Our rush defense is very hit and miss. Sometimes they look pretty good, stuffing the run for no more than 2 yards, and other times they get blown 5 yards off the ball. In pass rushing, if Yarbrough picks up where he left off against SJSU, he should do alright. But if he goes back to how he was before, we'll be lucky to get any pressure on him.
Our rush offense is only good when our o-line actually opens up a lane, which they don't do as often as they should. And our QB was our 4th string QB last year. That is where we are at there.
Our defense stuffed Air Force's triple option, but against Hawaii they bowled us over nearly the whole game, and now we are down our best tackler, not only as a linebacker, but on the defense as a whole in Mark Nzeocha. Otherwise, they sometimes wrap up, and other times the ball carrier just shrugs them off.
Good luck to you guys too. And we may have your 3rd string QB look like a Heisman candidate. That's what we did against Hawaii's "bad" QB.
1. The Aggies started a true freshman and a sophomore transfer who was torched his Freshman year while playing for Tennessee at corner and their safeties include a sophomore, a walk on, and a pretty good one in Suite so its not like our secondary is anything to brag about.

2. You can have the same success USU did by adding pressure on the blitz. For all their accolades the Aggie LBs corp is missing two starting backers including a guy projected as a first rounder and did just fine. The Aggies missed more tackles on that first play than I've seen all year and still recovered to play the rams tough the rest of the way. A motivated Wyoming team will be just fine.

3. Your QB is better than Harrison. You guys scored points so I know it true and our O-line is one of the worst run blocking lines in the country. You'll be fine.

4. As for our game with the Pokes, unless something really changes our only chance of winning appears to be the Vigil brothers, Centers, and Davis scoring some TDs on their own.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

1. We have made really bad QBs look like heisman candidates the last few years. And that was with our starters healthy and in the game. Half decent QBs on up just toy with our secondary.

2. We run the 4-3 Tampa 2 defense. By design, it's a defense that rarely, if ever, blitzes. So, yeah.

3. Our o-line has allowed 3 man rushes to get pressure. And our QB stares down his receiver and never looks off him if he's covered. Not to mention, our o-line has allowed the most sacks in the conference, and is one of the worst in the nation when it comes to pass protection. This has been an issue since at least Joe Glenn's time.

4. With the way we seem to misfire on offense for long stretches at a time and not really doing anything to counter heavy blitzes most of the time, we'll be lucky to have positive yards against you're guys' front 7. Our o-line is really that bad. I know you guys had like 8 sacks against the sheep. You may very well double that number against us rushing no more than 4 or 5.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Ha ha. This whole post made me laugh. Usually people compare and brag about being better than the other teams. This is a full on, no holds bar, fight to the death on who sucks worse. Ha ha.

When I was at USU during the Brent Guy era, every game felt like we would get pummeled.

As long as the Aggies have Nick Vigil, they will be in most games.

USU losing DG really hurt. Their D will keep them close to most teams.