Saturdays prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

wyopig wrote:CSU isn't that good. Anybody tell me why they think CSU is good. Wyoming wins 24-13.
Offensively? They have a Top 15 QB and, statistically, the best WR in the country.

Defensively...I don't know.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
wyopig wrote:CSU isn't that good. Anybody tell me why they think CSU is good. Wyoming wins 24-13.
Offensively? They have a Top 15 QB and, statistically, the best WR in the country.

That stellar offense made inside USU's 20 yard line once last week playing at home. They won because USU lost their QB and their fg kicker was able to make 3 long fg's. I think a couple of their wins were come from behind, late in the game heroics.

If the Pokes come to play it could get interesting.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote:

Rashard just has gaudy stats man.

Look how many receptions he has. He's had 10+ 3 times this yr. He's 2nd in the country in yards and td's, 8th in receptions. Versus USU, Grayson had 243 yards passing and 187 went to Rashard. He doesn't throw it to anyone else

I've never even heard of this dude til you brought him up lol

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Pokes have nothing to lose at this point. Team is virtually depleted on both sides of the ball. I fully expect us to come out guns blazing. Just hope the play calling will reflect that mentality. I predict a 24-21 Cowboy victory. Or we just flat out get our asses kicked.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

VisorHair wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

Look how many receptions he has. He's had 10+ 3 times this yr. He's 2nd in the country in yards and td's, 8th in receptions. Versus USU, Grayson had 243 yards passing and 187 went to Rashard. He doesn't throw it to anyone else

Yeah, I've been noticing him at the top of the stat lists for a few weeks now, pretty surprising that he is going under the radar like that with those stats. Still, he must be doing something right as I'm sure teams know he is the "Go-to guy" and he is STILL getting video game numbers. He concerns me for this weekend since we don't have anyone we can stick on him and expect to stifle or lock him down.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

They were good enough to flat out embarrass Wyoming at WMS last season.

With White and Nzeocha done, and Jones possibly on a bum wheel...Grayson may go off again.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I say Wyoming comes out guns blazing with a tight game until sometime in the 2nd half we suffer some kind of backbreaking turnover (pick 6, sack/fumble) that opens the game up for CSU to pull away 33-16.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

WestWYOPoke wrote:
VisorHair wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

Yeah, I've been noticing him at the top of the stat lists for a few weeks now, pretty surprising that he is going under the radar like that with those stats. Still, he must be doing something right as I'm sure teams know he is the "Go-to guy" and he is STILL getting video game numbers. He concerns me for this weekend since we don't have anyone we can stick on him and expect to stifle or lock him down.
Burns has primarily shut down everyone he has covered this year. If he stays on him Higgins will get shut down primarily, if Higgins is covered by anyone else look out. Burns does have the ability to lock him down almost all the pass plays are going away from him the entire season.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Higgins has had 100+ yards in every game this year except for the opener against CU (16 yards) and Boston College (98 yards). So most teams know he is coming and have still allowed him to get over 100 yards. Let's just hope we don't let him replicate his 4 TD performance against Tulsa. This guy definitely has the potential to burn us, hopefully we make Grayson at least attempt to spread it around.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

CSewe 47
Pokes 17...

I don't see it as a trap game anymore. The carrot of the MWC championship is being waived in front of their players. I think they're going to roll UW.

Hope I'm wrong...which I usually am. :D
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
BigHornPoke
Buckaroo

I don't usually say anything on this board because I do not want to get into a pissing match but most of you are UNBELIEVABLE!

This is CSU, not Oregon or Michigan State! Are they having a good year? Sure. Are they great? NO! To predict 47-17, 42-10, and whatever else, is un-flipping-real. This is the Border War and Bohl will have his guys ready. The Pokes have some injuries but some guys are going to step up. Get behind these guys and hope for a Poke win.
POKES win on late game heroics. Wick breaks off some big runs and Rufran comes up with some big catches at the right time. Pokes win 28-21.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

BigHornPoke wrote:I don't usually say anything on this board because I do not want to get into a pissing match but most of you are UNBELIEVABLE!

This is CSU, not Oregon or Michigan State! Are they having a good year? Sure. Are they great? NO! To predict 47-17, 42-10, and whatever else, is un-flipping-real. This is the Border War and Bohl will have his guys ready. The Pokes have some injuries but some guys are going to step up. Get behind these guys and hope for a Poke win.
POKES win on late game heroics. Wick breaks off some big runs and Rufran comes up with some big catches at the right time. Pokes win 28-21.

That's a spot on assessment. CSU is not even close to the likes of Oregon or Michigan St. The pressure is on CSU not The Pokes. Plus i seriously doubt Colby plays as bad as he did last week.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

BigHornPoke wrote:I don't usually say anything on this board because I do not want to get into a pissing match but most of you are UNBELIEVABLE!

Well...the neato thing about a message board, is everyone gets to share their opinion, and debate / discuss why they believe their opinion is correct. Such as what you did in your post.

You should post more often.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Bingo.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

You do see the reason why, though, right?

In case you missed it, we just lost to bottom dweller MWC teams. At home. On Homecoming.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:

In case you missed it, we just lost to bottom dweller MWC teams. At home. On Homecoming.
We suck!!! :shock:

poke em
Buckaroo

Wyoming might be depleted, but why would anyone think we come out flat for this game? Nonsense. We may get rolled, or we might make it a game, but we're not coming out flat. I heard somewhere that Bohl told a player "I hate those f-word". He'll have our guys as ready to play.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

BigHornPoke wrote:. Wick breaks off some big runs and Rufran comes up with some big catches at the right time. Pokes win 28-21.
Let's see now...

The offensive line all of a sudden after 7 games opens up some big holes.
Mr. Kirk all of a sudden can connect on passes after 7 games (thanks to the offensive line suddenly doing their job).
Rufran all of a sudden lives up to his pre-season hype.
The offensive scheme all of a sudden doubles its average TD output.

Well, I guess that could all of a sudden happen. I hope so.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

djm19 wrote:

PLUS we lost to Hawaii who's even worse than SJSU!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
djm19 wrote:

PLUS we lost to Hawaii who's even worse than SJSU!!!!!

But we could also be 5-2 too. Despite our offensive line and Qb problems we were still in a position to win. If the missed FG against SJSU goes in or if Colby saw Nzeocha in the end zone, we are 4-3. We have been more competitive and 4th qtrs have been better than under DC if we leave out the Hawa game.