Saturdays prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
poke em
Buckaroo

It's no use arguing with these guys. If they want to be negative about it, they will.
BigHornPoke
Buckaroo

Adv8RU12 wrote:
BigHornPoke wrote:. Wick breaks off some big runs and Rufran comes up with some big catches at the right time. Pokes win 28-21.
Let's see now...

The offensive line all of a sudden after 7 games opens up some big holes.
Mr. Kirk all of a sudden can connect on passes after 7 games (thanks to the offensive line suddenly doing their job).
Rufran all of a sudden lives up to his pre-season hype.
The offensive scheme all of a sudden doubles its average TD output.

Well, I guess that could all of a sudden happen. I hope so.

So Wick hasn't had big runs? Rufran hasn't been involved in big pass plays? Colby hasn't thrown some good balls? I must be dreaming up those situations.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Agree with you Big Horn they are CSU and it truly sucks being a CSU Ram but in watching my team the past few weeks and following them closely, these injuries don't bode well for our porous D and the O well that's another matter, I'm with ya and would love for us to shock the MWC, but not this time, not this Saturday, I'll eat crow as much as the other guy if we do get it done....rest assured I don't want it to happen by any stretch!!! Go POKES
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

poke em wrote:It's no use arguing with these guys. If they want to be negative about it, they will.
Not really an argument - it is an opinion one believes in. Makes the world work man.

We ALL are hoping for a Wyoming win by the way. :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

BigHornPoke wrote: So Wick hasn't had big runs? Rufran hasn't been involved in big pass plays? Colby hasn't thrown some good balls? I must be dreaming up those situations.
Not enough to have a winning season. Not enough to beat relatively poor teams like Hawaii and SJSU. Even the worst teams the Pokes have played in previous years have had a good pass or run play in a game. Maybe even two. Yes, the Pokes will have a good run play. Yes they will have a nice pass play. Yes Kirk will get off a pressure pass that will impress. But not enough. Add that to "not-enough" great defensive stops and you have this game, this season.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
poke em wrote:It's no use arguing with these guys. If they want to be negative about it, they will.
Not really an argument - it is an opinion one believes in. Makes the world work man.

We ALL are hoping for a Wyoming win by the way. :thumb:

True. I hope I am wrong. But, either way, I will be chowing down at the Cowboy Joe Tent and then sitting in the middle of a bunch CSU fans/friends wearing my Pokes gear cheering UW. I would love to be proven wrong, wrong, wrong. But, no matter what, I support the brown and gold over the green and gold.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Obviously we've been holding out all year for this game...Colby's gonna pull a "Princess Bride" and shock the World...

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

It's "not left handed" and neither was the other guy lol
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Oh, I am well aware...however Colby is right-handed, was making the reference towards him.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I actually consider myself a pretty realistic fan. If I don't think we will win ten games, I won't say it.

I dont mean to be negative, but truth hurts sometimes. Do I support colby and want nothing more than his success? Of course. To sit here and say he is a quality D1 qb would be a lie. I just don't see it. This does not make me a hater or a non supporter. Just opinion.

Also, to sunshine pump and think we will win every game is crazy. To win today, the pokes will have to suddenly turn into something today that I haven't seen in SEVEN games. That's not being an uneducated fan. That is reality.

I will be rooting for the pokes like crazy today. If we win, I will celebrate it. I've just been kicked in the balls too many times by UW football therefore i make sure and manage my expectations.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

djm19 wrote:I actually consider myself a pretty realistic fan. If I don't think we will win ten games, I won't say it.

I dont mean to be negative, but truth hurts sometimes. Do I support colby and want nothing more than his success? Of course. To sit here and say he is a quality D1 qb would be a lie. I just don't see it. This does not make me a hater or a non supporter. Just opinion.

Also, to sunshine pump and think we will win every game is crazy. To win today, the pokes will have to suddenly turn into something today that I haven't seen in SEVEN games. That's not being an uneducated fan. That is reality.

I will be rooting for the pokes like crazy today. If we win, I will celebrate it. I've just been kicked in the balls too many times by UW football therefore i make sure and manage my expectations.
Very well said. We all want a Wyo. win. We just have differing views on the likelyhood of that outcome. I will be there tonight cheering for the boys and hoping for the best. Maybe Bohl has been saving something just for this game. He seems to understand the importance of this game so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:I actually consider myself a pretty realistic fan. If I don't think we will win ten games, I won't say it.

I have my opinion on the talent this team has. To me, it's very little. But, I'm not going to go to a game and rip on a college athlete for lack of talent or ability. These guys are working hard and, I believe, doing the best they can under the circumstances. I support them no matter what happens today.

I would like to think that Bohl is instilling that effort is important. I want to see them give the effort they failed to do against the sheep in Laramie last year. Even if the score is the same, I'll be much happier. I also know that this is not the level of talent we will have in 2 or 3 years. Better days ahead.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

No doubt I'm seeing discipline and such that I havent seen in years. I just dont think we have the personel yet.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Even though it looks desperate, on paper, keep in mind that this is a Border War where anything can happen. I think the Pokes squeak out a surprise win. It will be close and it won't be pretty, but a W is a W.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I'm not gonna lie, of the 4 straight we won, I wasn't confident in any of them. Anything can happen
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Virginian wrote:Even though it looks desperate, on paper, keep in mind that this is a Border War where anything can happen. I think the Pokes squeak out a surprise win. It will be close and it won't be pretty, but a W is a W.
Injuries piling up, even the Ft. Collins media, supposedly unbiased, has been talking smack about blowouts. Seems like a foregone conclusion, Wyoming might as well stay home. Exactly how Bohl wants it. I highly doubt he waited until this week to begin preparing for CSU.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Navy got beat by Air Force who got beat by Wyoming who lost to San Jose State who is getting thrashed by Navy 38-17!

I couldn't predict my way out of a wet paper bag when it comes to the MWC I just keep picking wrong.

This is how I would like to see the game go with CSU as the Bully.

VisorHair
Ranch Hand

I'll eat crow.

Our defense is poop.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

VisorHair wrote:I'll eat crow.

Our defense is poop.
We've all made comments looking through the Brown & Gold glasses heh.