Border War Thread.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Did tonight. One of them even recorded a catch.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

kansasCowboy wrote:Did tonight. One of them even recorded a catch.
Still waiting for a reply. You called me out in post 150, I replied in post 176. If you can pick and choose when to post why are you calling me out for the same?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

PokeTransplant wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote:Dear Mr. Bohl --
Welcome to the FBS. It is not like it was where you were where you played maybe ONE FBS team in a year. Now you have to play 12. The situation is a little different than it was, but I think you will adjust. You showed some adjustment today. Maybe work on not getting stung repeatedly on big plays. You may even win another game this season. One of your adjustments may be less reliance on the "three yards and a cloud of dust" philosophy but I started to see that today. You will learn. We will be watching.
--Poking Poke--
Wow... 3rd string QB from last year... Worst D in the league last year.... Worst offensive line in the league last year... Injuries to the top two RBs on the team.... Injuries to an already weak secondary...

Yup... all coach's fault!
Yessir, Coach Bohl inherited a steaming pile of horse poop from Dandy Dave and is doing all he can with an empty cupboard. I do believe he will turn this turd around, but it won't be for another two or three years. I predicted a total of 3 wins this year, and I don't see much that has changed my mind on that. I wish the Pokes luck the rest of the year and hope they prove me wrong. But this isn't on the current coaching staff, we can thank the previous staff for this mess.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote:
Still waiting for a reply. You called me out in post 150, I replied in post 176. If you can pick and choose when to post why are you calling me out for the same?
I explained that this is what happens when your one and two QB leaves and your stuck with your three and four as your new one and two. And if you followed along, I never called you out. I was arguing with Sdpokefan.
Sorry you took it the wrong way.
But again, why complain? Bohl has to work with what he's got. What he's inherited is a team that lacks talent in key positions. And on top of that our Key players Wick and May, white, Nzeocha, Sampson are out. Do you expect greatness from a team that was lowly rated to begin with and is now limping through the season with 2 and 3 depth players getting the most time?
It seems everyone wants to forget the reality of where we were to start this season, and keep their brown ant gold glasses on and want a Bowl team.
I'm sorry that you have to struggle through this year harder than most on here. I'm struggling with it too, but my expectations were low to begin with. I honestly thought 0-4 wins. Then everyone starts talking bowl games on here, hypes everyone up, and then stumble with it when reality sets in.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

kansasCowboy wrote:
Subcanis wrote:
I explained that this is what happens when your one and two QB leaves and your stuck with your three and four as your new one and two. And if you followed along, I never called you out. I was arguing with Sdpokefan.
But again, why complain? Bohl has to work with what he's got. What he's inherited is a team that lacks talent in key positions. And on top of that our Key players Wick and May, white, Nzeocha, Sampson are out. Do you expect greatness from a team that was lowly rated to begin with and is now limping through the season with 2 and 3 depth players getting the most time?
It seems everyone wants to forget the reality of where we were to start this season, and keep their brown ant gold glasses on and want a Bowl team.
I'm sorry that you have to struggle through this year harder than most on here. I'm struggling with it too, but my expectations were low to begin with. I honestly thought 0-4 wins. Then everyone starts talking bowl games on here, hypes everyone up, and then stumble with it when reality sets in.
You really are thick. We were marginal on both sides of the ball preseason. I like the coaches, and I like their systems. We DO NOT have the guys to run them. Period. You wanna run around in brown and gold skirts waving brown and gold pompoms then great, be my guest.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Subcanis wrote:
You really are thick. We were marginal on both sides of the ball preseason. I like the coaches, and I like their systems. We DO NOT have the guys to run them. Period. You wanna run around in brown and gold skirts waving brown and gold pompoms then great, be my guest.
Okay, what part of, "I expected 0-4 wins this year" do you not get? I know we are marginal on both sides of the ball. I'm not the one getting pissed off every game and coming in here and spewing the same negative crap. But you know, whatever. I generally argue with those that continue the negativity even though they themselves know we are not that good right now. If me being positive and not trashing the team, game or players is me waving my Pom poms, then I guess I'll just keep doing it. The only thing I continue to throw out there is how impressed I am with how this team does not quit. And I think that is a positive coming out of year one. It means these players attitudes have changed. We show confidence. Something our program hasn't shown in a very long time. And that has my hopes up for our future. I think Bohl and co have turned a corner here in year one, just with that alone. Wins and losses really don't matter at this point. Yes, a bowl would be amazing. Winning out would be amazing. But is that really going to happen? So I'd say this years transition doesn't really equate to wins and losses. Especially with all the injuries.
Like I said before, I never called you out, I had a dialogue with Sdpokefan, why your trying to pick a fight has me wondering.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

You did call me out, and you have apparently been following me. Man up. Ill say it again... I want the coaches to do their job during the week, that's why I don't post during the week. Me pissing about the lack of talent and adjustments during the week doesn't mean poop apparently, and Im sure Bohl isn't looking toward this website for coaching pointers.
kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
Subcanis wrote:
WyomingAg wrote:At this point why are we not putting in a qb to get reps for next year. Kirk is gone no matter what, time to get the other qbs reps who haven't played at all this season. At this point how much worse could it be
Because apparently Kirk is the best option we have to win games.[emoji52]
If that's true it is the ultimate indictment of this program.
That's what happens when your number one goes (tries to) pro and your number two transfers. Your left with number three and number four as your new one and two. Stop your pissing about the same thing every Saturday! I noticed that you only come in here to piss and moan on game days, but when it comes to mid week you're a whistle in the wind. Just stop! We don't need to hear the same thing over week in and week out.
We're playing probably the best team in the conf and we are now down our top two RBS. What more do your want from these guys?! Huh?
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote:You did call me out, and you have apparently been following me. Man up. Ill say it again... I want the coaches to do their job during the week, that's why I don't post during the week. Me pissing about the lack of talent and adjustments during the week doesn't mean poop apparently, and Im sure Bohl isn't looking toward this website for coaching pointers.
kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
Subcanis wrote:
WyomingAg wrote:At this point why are we not putting in a qb to get reps for next year. Kirk is gone no matter what, time to get the other qbs reps who haven't played at all this season. At this point how much worse could it be
That's what happens when your number one goes (tries to) pro and your number two transfers. Your left with number three and number four as your new one and two. Stop your pissing about the same thing every Saturday! I noticed that you only come in here to piss and moan on game days, but when it comes to mid week you're a whistle in the wind. Just stop! We don't need to hear the same thing over week in and week out.
We're playing probably the best team in the conf and we are now down our top two RBS. What more do your want from these guys?! Huh?
Again, whatever. I guess I should have deleted your quote and just kept Sdpokefans. Nothing I've said has had anything to do with you, till now. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of the season however you see fit.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

kansasCowboy wrote:
Subcanis wrote:You did call me out, and you have apparently been following me. Man up. Ill say it again... I want the coaches to do their job during the week, that's why I don't post during the week. Me pissing about the lack of talent and adjustments during the week doesn't mean poop apparently, and Im sure Bohl isn't looking toward this website for coaching pointers.
kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
Subcanis wrote:
Again, whatever. I guess I should have deleted your quote and just kept Sdpokefans. Nothing I've said has had anything to do with you, till now. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of the season however you see fit.
Yeah. Take your ball and go home.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Can't we all just get along :rofl: :popcorn:
poke em
Buckaroo

I guess not.Too many hurt feelers.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
Subcanis wrote:
Yeah. Take your ball and go home.
Dude, if you want to pick a fight, don't do it on an Internet forum. You look like a jr high pussball. I'll say what I want, and apparently pump that sunshine. And you can continue to be a little girl. It's all good.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
Dude, if you want to pick a fight, don't do it on an Internet forum. You look like a jr high pussball. I'll say what I want, and apparently pump that sunshine. And you can continue to be a little girl. It's all good.
Hate to say it, but both of you look like Jr. High pussballs.

I understand completely why people are negative after watching that game. It's frustrating as hell to watch us get dominated in every aspect. We aren't very physically talented.

I also understand that this was somewhat expected, knowing that 4 of our top 6 or so athletes are out with injury and we aren't that athletic to begin with. On offense, all of our guys were recruited for the exact opposite system we are introducing. On defense, we return nearly everyone from the worst defense in the conference and now we are basically 2nd stringers to the worst defense in the conference. To expect a complete turnaround is nuts!

If you are a guy expecting to win out the rest of the year, prepare to see a bunch of pissing and moaning for a few more weeks. I'm over that, myself. It's not about pumping sunshine, but it's about getting better and turning negatives into positives. We are going to lose more games this year, let's learn how to handle adversity and get better. Some fans on this board don't know how to do either one.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Hate to say it, but both of you look like Jr. High pussballs.

I understand completely why people are negative after watching that game. It's frustrating as hell to watch us get dominated in every aspect. We aren't very physically talented.

I also understand that this was somewhat expected, knowing that 4 of our top 6 or so athletes are out with injury and we aren't that athletic to begin with. On offense, all of our guys were recruited for the exact opposite system we are introducing. On defense, we return nearly everyone from the worst defense in the conference and now we are basically 2nd stringers to the worst defense in the conference. To expect a complete turnaround is nuts!

If you are a guy expecting to win out the rest of the year, prepare to see a bunch of pissing and moaning for a few more weeks. I'm over that, myself. It's not about pumping sunshine, but it's about getting better and turning negatives into positives. We are going to lose more games this year, let's learn how to handle adversity and get better. Some fans on this board don't know how to do either one.
No, that's where your wrong. Anything positive said about this team is ONLY pumping Sunshine. So knock it off!!! How dare you, or I for that matter ever say anything positive about our team ant players! It's obsurd! We are all meant to piss and moan even though we knew this year was going to be rough. And if anyone says anything positive about this team, it's their fault! Blame them and take all your own frustrations out on them.
That's how we do it around here.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

We won 4 games last year with spread O and Brett Smith plus easier schedule. We might only get 3 wins this year with Captain Kirk and power game. It's not the coaching
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

didn't watch or listen to an ounce of it, but just going off of what I read, ouch, call the MASH unit
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

We have/had 0 depth. Things are progressing but injuries kill a team. No depth exasperates the problem.

Really tough to judge anything at this point.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I'll pump some sunshine....I'm not afraid.

I was really proud of how hard our guys fought. We were over-matched in every aspect of the game. But to watch B. Hill run as hard as he did every time he got the ball. Our guys will be absolutely fine, and our young players are looking good. We lost by 14 points. To a team that is almost ranked. And we all are quite aware of how bad we are right now...Coach Bohl gets it too. It wasn't hard to see how frustrated he was every time the camera showed him on the sidelines.

In my opinion, it's okay to be pissed that we got stomped by the sheep...but don't get on here and blame others because they are looking for positives. That's what true fans do...they stay optimistic for the future. We are a couple years away. But my hope is that the Border War is the game that decides who wins the Mountain Division. Hang in there Poke fans.