Boy UW sure sucks.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Looking at the recruits I don't see any help next year. Ouch!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Has a solid class so far
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

45-31 is better than what I expected. They covered the spread!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:45-31 is better than what I expected. They covered the spread!
They actually had their best offensive performance overall tonight. Not much comfort overall, I know, but still.

I just pray we lose no one else. We've lost both starting RBs, probably 2 starting LBs, 2 DBs, and some o-linemen. Many of those in just the last few games.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Mr.Large wrote:Looking at the recruits I don't see any help next year. Ouch!!
We know quit rubbing it in.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

They got far behind and didn't quit.

Yeah, CSU probably let up enough which helped the Pokes get 31 on the board. But, on the sidelines, they were focused and paying attention to the coaches. They stayed determined on the field.

I expected a thrashing, which kind of happened. But, I was hopeful to see some fire out of these guys. I saw it. They don't give up. They aren't very talented, but they listen to their coaches and stick with it. I was extremely proud of them tonight.

Bohl is going to bring in the right people for this system. In two years, it will be a much improved Wyoming team.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Hayduke wrote:They got far behind and didn't quit.

Yeah, CSU probably let up enough which helped the Pokes get 31 on the board. But, on the sidelines, they were focused and paying attention to the coaches. They stayed determined on the field.

I expected a thrashing, which kind of happened. But, I was hopeful to see some fire out of these guys. I saw it. They don't give up. They aren't very talented, but they listen to their coaches and stick with it. I was extremely proud of them tonight.

Bohl is going to bring in the right people for this system. In two years, it will be a much improved Wyoming team.
Completely agree. This team shows fight to the end. And if that is the one positive we have this year, I'll take it. I'm happy to finally see a team that doesn't just give up at half.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

You do realize they had their backups in, right? No, you dont. You're too busy pumping sunshine and feeding unicorns.

I'm so glad we fought and still lost. Go team. Yay.

Green and gold ribbons for all.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote:You do realize they had their backups in, right? No, you dont. You're too busy pumping sunshine and feeding unicorns.

And if we had DC and co we would have still lost by WAY more than we did. Being down 24-3 at half, we probably would've lost 59-17 or worse. That's all we've ever been known for is giving up. And I watched the game myself. Jarrells, Hart, Higgins, all of them were out there in the fourth, that would be their starters.
Besides it's CSU, I'm sure all of them, including McElwain wanted to thrash us. Losing by two scores, any giving up 28 points in the second half, does not match that. I noticed a lot of their starters in at the end, just a couple backups that I really noticed were playing.
Not pumping Sunshine. Just not being an absolute dirt bag, every time I'm on here like some...
I really don't know what your glitch is for constantly calling me out, when I haven't said or done anything to you.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

kansasCowboy wrote:
Subcanis wrote:You do realize they had their backups in, right? No, you dont. You're too busy pumping sunshine and feeding unicorns.

And if we had DC and co we would have still lost by WAY more than we did. Being down 24-3 at half, we probably would've lost 59-17 or worse. That's all we've ever been known for is giving up. And I watched the game myself. Jarrells, Hart, Higgins, all of them were out there in the fourth, that would be their starters.
Besides it's CSU, I'm sure all of them, including McElwain wanted to thrash us. Losing by two scores, any giving up 28 points in the second half, does not match that. I noticed a lot of their starters in at the end, just a couple backups that I really noticed were playing.
Not pumping Sunshine. Just not being an absolute dirt bag, every time I'm on here like some...
I really don't know what your glitch is for constantly calling me out, when I haven't said or done anything to you.
Who called who? Go Pokes, in a few years.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

While the game was never in doubt and I am certainly one that thought this season was going to go better, I was watching the game. CSU didn't have their back ups in except the QB for their last drive and the odd guy they threw in there for whatever reason. They wanted a lop-sided score because this is the Border War and neither of us lets up on the other. Plus they needed style points to impress voters. The same guys they were running in during the 1st quarter were the same as those they were running in the 4th quarter, especially on defense. I think any conservative play calling later in the game was to prevent some ill-timed turn-overs so that their blow out wouldn't suddenly become closer and not look too impressive to the voters. Of course, it backfired, and they got exactly what they were trying to prevent.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

When people point out that CSU were playing their second stringers late, did you forget that aside from our defensive line, our whole defense now is second and third string players because of injuries?

On top of that, as a team that's trying to play smash mouth football, it's a pretty big deal to be forced to use your #3 runningback who's a freshman all game long. Hill did pretty well, but there were plenty of situations where he showed he's got a thing or two to learn, and somebody like Wick would've gained several extra yards.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Mr.Large wrote:Looking at the recruits I don't see any help next year. Ouch!!
If only we had Porter Gustin. Say, when is he announcing as you prophesied he would almost a month ago.

Well played. Another thread on recruits and you're the Porter insider. Enlighten us.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Meh, young team, new coaches, and this is about what is to be expected. Fortunately we play in one of the worst conferences, so even if you suck, you can be in most games.

We might need to evaluate our D coordinator, however. Good LB coach, but I don't think he has what it takes to be D Coordinator. Prior to this, his D Coordinator jobs were CSU, Tulane, and New Mexico State. All had terrible D's.

I trust Bohl, but I've always wondered if this was a good decision.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Hayduke wrote:Bohl is going to bring in the right people for this system. In two years, it will be a much improved Wyoming team.
The team is fat, soft, slow and un-athletic. That falls on DC. You can't expect CB to come in and perform miracles overnight. A kid can only be coached-up as much as he's willin' to be coached up. This team has very few. You can also not expect the S&C coach to perform miracles. I believe next year's group, includin' recruits who hopefully understand what it's gonna take and follow the off-season conditionin' guides they'll receive, will be in much better all-around shape, physically and mentally, and the team will avoid more of the rash of injuries we're succumbin' to right now.

Conversely, the brown 'n gold so-called fans who surrounded my gang last night were also fat, soft and slow (mentally). And way too drunk to be in the stadium. Kinda makes me reconsider my thoughts on AMB sales inside War. They shoulda stayed in the parkin' lot. P.M.O. to hear the numbers I did stand up and call (scream) out both players and coaches by name. It was embarrassin'. Sorry I brought friends to the game.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

fromolwyoming wrote: We've lost both starting RBs, probably 2 starting LBs, 2 DBs, and some o-linemen. Many of those in just the last few games.
That's quite a roster of loss. The question is why? Is it 1) bad luck? 2) improper conditioning? 3) poor technique?
4) something else? 5) a combination of all above?
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

We've seen the difference in conditioning. A torn ACL does not equate to bad contitioning. Neither does a broken wrist or hand.
I seen most of the injuries occur, and it just seems like bad luck.
Same with adding in the appendixes. I mean seriously, what are the odds of two OLs going out on that?
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

kansasCowboy wrote:We've seen the difference in conditioning. A torn ACL does not equate to bad contitioning. Neither does a broken wrist or hand.
I seen most of the injuries occur, and it just seems like bad luck.
Same with adding in the appendixes. I mean seriously, what are the odds of two OLs going out on that?
Have we really seen the difference in conditioning? Only place I've seen it so far was on twitter during the summer. Still slower and weaker than every team we've played.

I do agree that it does not equate to the majority of injuries we've seen. Broken bones, appendix, concussion, etc are not due to conditioning.

ACL's can totally be a conditioning thing, just depends on the mechanism of injury. Can't help it if someone lands on your leg awkwardly or tackles you and forces you to twist, but if you have a muscle imbalance or are fatigued and your knee buckles on it's own...totally.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

I just finished reading your whole exchange with Kansas over in the game thread, and now I read this. Gotta say, I usually differ quite a bit with Kansas (he continued to defend DC after he was canned among other things) but I don't think anyone's been pumping sunshine or humping unicorns- most of what I've seen is some pretty reality grounded, perceptive optimism. The personality of the team under Bohl is completely different. A DC team would've quit at the end of the first half. Most people seem to agree that it's an issue of personnel left from DC as far as the results on the field.

I'm not sure what your expectations were for the season, but based on the bitterness of your comments thus far, they must've been somewhat unrealistic. It was going to be a tough season, and with all of the injuries, it's gotten a lot tougher. Fans being whiny little bitches about the scoreboard results this season serves zero purpose at this point in the program's uphill journey to achieving Bohl's vision.

Does it suck that we lost? Yeah, it REALLY sucks because we lost to the sheep. But you know what else sucks- coming on here and reading a bunch of vitriolic sh-t that's more based on unicorn humping than what any of the fans who comment on the positive things that lie underneath the unsatisfying results.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Larawie
Ranch Hand

I'm not sayin' S&C are gonna cure the injury bug. Unfortunate incidents will continue for every team. However, if a player is stronger, faster, quicker, more agile and flexible chances are, ime, he'll be more able to avoid bein' in the wrong place and/or in a precarious position.