Tevis Bartlett

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Was at the game talking to Mary English and CSU's staff. They have no chance at him, but was interesting.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Mr.Large wrote:Was at the game talking to Mary English and CSU's staff. They have no chance at him, but was interesting.
:orly: :thumbdown:
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Does it really matter. If the guy is not interested in coming here, then we need to get off the subject.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

have fun sitting the bench at any Pac 12 school he chooses to go to, i do wish him well, but we could use him at UW, look at Wyo products at Safety, ie (John Wendling and Chris Prosinski), the fit would be nice
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I wish wyo had the resources to cheat like the SEC. "Bag men" that was the greatest article ever
W-Y, Until I Die!
youguys
Buckaroo

I doubt that you would see Tevis sit the bench anywhere. He's got the talent and the work ethic to be successful anywhere he decides to go. Comments about him sitting the bench at other schools are not doing the University of Wyoming any favors as far as attaining his services. More than likely, these comments will drive him away.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

youguys wrote:I doubt that you would see Tevis sit the bench anywhere. He's got the talent and the work ethic to be successful anywhere he decides to go. Comments about him sitting the bench at other schools are not doing the University of Wyoming any favors as far as attaining his services. More than likely, these comments will drive him away.
Why are you and Mr. Large (if you are not the same poster) trolling regarding his decision? I don't recall those types of posts regarding any other prospect. Why do you care? Clearly not Wyoming fan(s). Just a troll from a rival school having some fun?

Sometimes I don't understand the culture created in these types of forums (see MWCboard for a really bizarre subculture) even though I have been around them a long time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

youguys wrote:I doubt that you would see Tevis sit the bench anywhere. He's got the talent and the work ethic to be successful anywhere he decides to go. Comments about him sitting the bench at other schools are not doing the University of Wyoming any favors as far as attaining his services. More than likely, these comments will drive him away.
Trust me. We all want Tevis to come to UW very badly.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Either you have some relation to him, or are a major troll.
hithere
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Trust me. We all want Tevis to come to UW very badly.
Speak for yourself, I don't.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

hithere wrote:
OK. Well, why not?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

:rofl:

NO recruit should take comments from this, or any other message board, as a factor on deciding where they go to school. That is absolutely ridiculous. It should be 100% about fit / sense of belonging, playing time / position, and education / major first & foremost.

And just as an FYI...if you ever think this board is bad - take a look at the Texas, Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, USC, etc., etc., etc., boards. Those "bigger" schools have a ton more asshole posters, that are way more critical.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:
hithere wrote:
OK. Well, why not?

Probably because he once said he will look somewhere else besides just Wyo and that alone shows that he isn't Cowboy Tough and he is a major pussy and all that stuff.

You know, if you acknowledge other places besides Laramie and Wyo then you aren't Cowboy Tough and we don't want you ruining our esteemed tradition of losing 7+ games a season.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
hithere
Ranch Hand

BeaverPoke wrote: Probably because he once said he will look somewhere else besides just Wyo and that alone shows that he isn't Cowboy Tough and he is a major pussy and all that stuff.

You know, if you acknowledge other places besides Laramie and Wyo then you aren't Cowboy Tough and we don't want you ruining our esteemed tradition of losing 7+ games a season.
I like to use that strawman myself to disavow certain portions of the fan base that get hard-ons when Joe f-word from Monowi, Nebraska gets recruited because he's all universe when it comes to lunchpail, grind it out, blue collar COWBOY TOOF, old style football playing.

Although that's a great umbrella argument, I'm not in that camp. I simply don't want Bartlett around because his name rhymes with dna rifle. Pure and simple. Same reason I didn't want Brock Broughton or Rick Wade or John Thomas or Peter Mortell or any of those other weiners playing in Laramie. A program's gotta have standards. And it starts with a non-pork sword naming convention. Give me all the Polish names, the more vowels the better. Wade Cicierski? Sign him the f-word up.

Also, I've grown tired of reading about where Bartlett is visiting this week. Go to a school where you're the best fit. Not where he's the token rhyming with dna rifle, recruit of the week. There is no room in Zach Duvall's weightroom for attention seeking glory boys with bama bangs.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Tevis rhymes with dna rifle??? Apparently I missed that association when I was learning how to spell. However, it does rhyme with brevis, latin in origin meaning short or small. Used in anatomy such as the peroneus brevis, a small muscle in the lateral lower leg used in both plantarflexion and eversion of the foot.

Oh...we aren't giving dissertations about words that rhyme with prospect's names...my bad.
hithere
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Oh...we aren't giving dissertations about words that rhyme with prospect's names...my bad.
We certainly can. Keep going.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

hithere wrote:I simply don't want Bartlett around because his name rhymes with dna rifle. Pure and simple. Same reason I didn't want Brock Broughton or Rick Wade or John Thomas or Peter Mortell or any of those other weiners playing in Laramie. A program's gotta have standards. And it starts with a non-pork sword naming convention. Give me all the Polish names, the more vowels the better. Wade Cicierski? Sign him the f-word up.

Also, I've grown tired of reading about where Bartlett is visiting this week. Go to a school where you're the best fit. Not where he's the token rhyming with dna rifle, recruit of the week. There is no room in Zach Duvall's weightroom for attention seeking glory boys with bama bangs.
This may be the biggest win this board has ever seen. Bravo, sir! :thumb:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

What are bama bangs?
W-Y, Until I Die!
HOT POKER
Buckaroo

Don't get me wrong…I'd love to see Tevis play for the Pokes but if he makes another choice it won't be the end of the world.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

laxwyo wrote:What are bama bangs?
About died when I read the reference. I laughed my ass off. Touche' hithere.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ma%20Bangs

Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...