Stanard, wrong players or?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

JimmyDimes wrote: Agreed....I think he has probably learned from Bohl and isn't the same level of coordinator he was when with CSU. Give the coaches at least two to three years to recruit, develop, and coach these kids to play the style the coaching staff wants them to play.

I think everyone will agree DC didn't have much success recruiting players on the defensive side of the ball. Let's give the new staff the chance to prove they can.

Go Pokes!!
What is different in his position now vs. CSU?

I'd agree to 1 year and then evaluation. I'd definitely not be too loyal to him is all I'm sayin.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
hithere
Ranch Hand

kansasCowboy wrote: ...That's my take on it.
I won't quote the whole thing.

This is really good, thanks for writing it; several very good points. I appreciate it.

I think we don't see eye to eye on a few things but I understand what you're advocating and where you're coming from.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

hithere wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote: ...That's my take on it.
I won't quote the whole thing.

This is really good, thanks for writing it; several very good points. I appreciate it.

I think we don't see eye to eye on a few things but I understand what you're advocating and where you're coming from.
Understandable. It's all good. Like I said. I'm not trying to change your mind or convince you otherwise. Just giving my perspective.
I will say giving a coach only one year is suicide for the program. Because nothing can grow or maintain. It's like my garden. I like getting perennials, because the root is already started, and it will begin to grow and have strength way before a an annual can get used to the soil and fully begin to grow. Plus it's base roots are set, unlike an annual which is constantly looking to build its roots.
Most everyone here liked Mike Breske, when Glenn was here. Tough and strong D's. Our D was terrible Glenn's first year. But we allowed for a base D to grow. And we started getting success. Our offense could never gain ground under Glenn. Then with DC we flipped. Our O began to take off, but he killed our D looking for constant quick fixes and uprooting anything base D before it could gain strength.
The first year that you plant a perennial, it doesn't generally grow so great the first year, but it begins to get better year after year.
hithere
Ranch Hand

kansasCowboy wrote: Understandable. It's all good. Like I said. I'm not trying to change your mind or convince you otherwise. Just giving my perspective.
I will say giving a coach only one year is suicide for the program. Because nothing can grow or maintain. It's like my garden. I like getting perennials, because the root is already started, and it will begin to grow and have strength way before a an annual can get used to the soil and fully begin to grow. Plus it's base roots are set, unlike an annual which is constantly looking to build its roots.
Most everyone here liked Mike Breske, when Glenn was here. Tough and strong D's. Our D was terrible Glenn's first year. But we allowed for a base D to grow. And we started getting success. Our offense could never gain ground under Glenn. Then with DC we flipped. Our O began to take off, but he killed our D looking for constant quick fixes and uprooting anything base D before it could gain strength.
The first year that you plant a perennial, it doesn't generally grow so great the first year, but it begins to get better year after year.
That's a really good analogy.

Breske really blossomed in Laramie and has shown to have continued value in other areas where he has transplanted.

Stanard is the Tribulus terrestris of his profession and doesn't ever bring anything good to anyone whenever he shows up. Or whatever Utah's state flower is, is it some kind of lily? Anyway, that.

And if you're really a BYU fan, then eat my asshole, you jamook. I'm sorry I was ever civil to you.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

hithere wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote: Understandable. It's all good. Like I said. I'm not trying to change your mind or convince you otherwise. Just giving my perspective.
That's a really good analogy.

Breske really blossomed in Laramie and has shown to have continued value in other areas where he has transplanted.

Stanard is the Tribulus terrestris of his profession and doesn't ever bring anything good to anyone whenever he shows up. Or whatever Utah's state flower is, is it some kind of lily? Anyway, that.

And if you're really a BYU fan, then eat my asshole, you jamook. I'm sorry I was ever civil to you.
Very good. Just googled it and it's the Sego Lily.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!