Leddige and Jones gone

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

If I was a senior, who couldn't guard or tackle, I'd probably want to just be done during a poop season with head injuries. At least they can finish school. I thought jones was back home already

It's weird, why say "for personal reasons" if it was injury related. Something isn't quite kosher
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Because if the athlete doesn't give you permission to say they are leaving the team for medical reasons, you can't comment on it. Doing so would be a HIPAA violation. So since you can't say it was medical, you say personal reasons. Not saying that is what happened in this case, but it's a possibility.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Saying they left for "medical reasons" cannot be a HIPAA violation can it? Maybe if u gave specifics or something. Like when Mertens was out for medical issues. They never said what disease he had but still said he wasn't playing because of something medical
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Odds are that would be fine. But if the athlete told them specifically not to mention anything about an injury, then they couldn't say anything about it or they would be walking a fine legal line.
billings
Ranch Hand

If their concussion are severe enough they might be taking a semester off of school to return in the fall if they want as well
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote:Just talked to Mark Nzeocha after class. Even with his torn acl and being a senior, he's still on the team. Not sure why these guys still couldn't travel with the team and participate in non-contact drills...

Of course I'm not in their shoes, but I still think they could add value to the team in the weight room and during practices. If a guy with one good knee can still find a way to contribute, why can't a fellow senior do the same?

There are several players on the team that have been medically disqualified and they all interact with the team differently. There is a lineman, who shall remain nameless, who was disqualified last year, who goes to class and drinks beer with his stipend, There is a defensive back who has torn both ACLs three times and has little to nothing to do with the team but he still is on the sidelines for home games. So I think it all depends on the individual. There are even some who quit and go home.