B. Smith

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

@TeddaCheese22: Record-setting @wyo_football quarterback Brett Smith is headed to the @SJSaberCats. #AFLFA14 http://t.co/2ih4XvoH5M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;”
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Good luck to Brett there! Maybe he can get into that D-League for the NFL sometime in the future? We all know he doesn't get intimidated and would excel under a proven head coach that knows how to get QBs up to par.

Once again, good luck to Brett! I wish you nothing but the best there!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 6d388.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

JJ Raterink has had a solid AFL career. Hopefully Brett can at the very least follow in JJ's footsteps. We'd all like to see him in the NFL, but I feel like indoor football is a better fit for a guy like Brett.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

From the Orlando Sentinel:

"After closing operations in 2009, the Arena Football League adopted a new financial structure beginning with the 2010 season. Six-figure salaries were not uncommon in the previous model, but now a large majority of players make $400 per game. That works out to $7,200 per season with the AFL's 18-game schedule.

Teams can designate up to three "marketing players," who make $1,000 per game, or $18,000 per season."

He's damn sure not doing it for the money. I just hope he continues to hone his skills and gets another opportunity down the road for the big league.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Kurt Warner did well in the AFL, right...lol
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Good for Brett. It's not just for the money, although you can make a few bucks and with the short season, and continue school. Hell, some people work during school as a waiter or whatever, why not an arena player? And it keeps you in the game. You never know when you may get a call. It just worked for Knapton.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Would really like to have seen him in FXFL I think it would have given him a better chance to develop as an NFL QB but glad I'll get to watch him again at some point.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Here we go again...

1. Bad decision now worse
2. Whoever advised him was a f-word
3. Imagine if he were still a Cowboy
4. Tampa Bay? Hell with 'em
5. Kurt Warner! Warren Moon!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

There comes a point where you need to give up the dream and get a real job. I think that time has come.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

$400 dollars a game? Hell his monthly stipend at Wyoming was probably about the same. Good luck to the guy!
BigPurp278
Buckaroo

mwc fan wrote:$400 dollars a game? Hell his monthly stipend at Wyoming was probably about the same. Good luck to the guy!

TBH, I bet the AFL is giving him less.

Really pulling for him though. It'll be fun to watch him again.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

CowboyNV wrote:From the Orlando Sentinel:

"After closing operations in 2009, the Arena Football League adopted a new financial structure beginning with the 2010 season. Six-figure salaries were not uncommon in the previous model, but now a large majority of players make $400 per game. That works out to $7,200 per season with the AFL's 18-game schedule.

Teams can designate up to three "marketing players," who make $1,000 per game, or $18,000 per season."

He's damn sure not doing it for the money. I just hope he continues to hone his skills and gets another opportunity down the road for the big league.
Jason Thompson probably has already gotten more than that from UU boosters. Imagine how much more than this Brett could've gotten had he transferred to an SEC school like ACS did (and he would've gotten a combine invite with another year under his belt).

#livingthedream

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

mwc fan wrote:$400 dollars a game? Hell his monthly stipend at Wyoming was probably about the same. Good luck to the guy!
Oh I bet it was quite a bit more than that. Those guys are probably getting somewhere in the $600-1000/month range, if they live off campus.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:Here we go again...

4. Tampa Bay? Hell with 'em
Lol...
+1
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote:Here we go again...

4. Tampa Bay? f-word 'em!
Fixed 4 for you.