2015 MWC Recruiting (Current Status)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:Fresno State just got a commit from QB Chason Virgil. Major get for the Dogs.
He is a huge get, He is a legit P5 QB that was committed to Miss St and had his offer pulled 16 days before he graduated.
Virgil, who will graduate in 16 days, told 247Sports.com on Thursday night that MSU wanted him to grayshirt, which would require him to wait until the second semester of his freshman year to enroll in classes.
So this is most likely going to be the starter at Fresno next year, The things that throws me off is he had offers from MSU, OU, AUB and ASU as hte top offers but at least 15 more from P5 schools. Wonder what the selling point in Fresno was.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Stars mean nothin'. We want kids with 5 balls.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: So this is most likely going to be the starter at Fresno next year, The things that throws me off is he had offers from MSU, OU, AUB and ASU as hte top offers but at least 15 more from P5 schools. Wonder what the selling point in Fresno was.
None of those offers still exist. QBs are called for very early in he process....by December, all the top schools have their QB already. SMU, Fresno, and Oklahoma (grayshirt) were all this kid had left by the time MSU bailed on him. Fresno lucked out on Virgil getting screwed badly.

Virgil is a huge get. Dual-threat type that can be a game-changer. He's not on Brett Rypien's level as a passer (4-Star, Top 10 ranked QB going to Boise)...but he is much better than what MW schools usually get. 2nd or 3rd best MW recruit this class.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Got ourselves a 3 star kicker yesterday!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Larawie wrote:Stars mean nothin'. We want kids with 5 balls.
Kind of hard to walk, let alone run, with 5 balls isn't it? :rofl:
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

His dad played for Bohl back in the day. Otherwise we wouldn't have snagged him. A good get none-the-less.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

There is no question CJ Johnson is the gem of this class. He's the only Wyo commit, as of this moment, that I think any MW school would have wanted.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:There is no question CJ Johnson is the gem of this class. He's the only Wyo commit, as of this moment, that I think any MW school would have wanted.
Thank goodness for Bohl... :(
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

J-Rod wrote:There is no question CJ Johnson is the gem of this class. He's the only Wyo commit, as of this moment, that I think any MW school would have wanted.
I'm vey excited about Doddles, too.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
Thank goodness for Bohl... :(
OK, beav. Wyo is doing just fine this year in terms of recruiting. I would say only Boise, San Jose, Fresno and the Asstecs are doing better than we are. The rest are very comparable and then it comes down to player development/coaching. I have faith in Bohl & staff.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Doddles had a TCU offer if rivals is right
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Wasn't Sewell supposed to be really good as well? LOL How many stars was he out of high school. Just goes to show you can never tell!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Slow Hand wrote: Just goes to show you can never tell!
Realizing that the school they pick influences rating, but I do think the high ratings are somewhat accurate. I think 3 star and especially 4 star tend to yield more productive players than 2 star or less.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:
Larawie wrote:Stars mean nothin'. We want kids with 5 balls.
Kind of hard to walk, let alone run, with 5 balls isn't it? :rofl:
Better than a kid with stars in his eyes.