Advice for a visiting USU fan

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote:Luckily for you, we make bad QBs look amazing. We're the push-up bra for QBs
Thank you. I'd laugh even more if it wasn't so incredibly true.
tweaked
Ranch Hand

I'd recommend heading into the historic area of downtown Laramie the night before the game, grab some food at Crowbar (sledgehammer pizza highly recommended), or Altitude, or Born in a Barn, grab some drinks afterwards at the Alibi or Front Street Tavern, stay around til 11pm or so and chat with Wyo fans as sections of the UWYO band make their way through the various downtown drinking establishments. You'll get a lot of love from Wyo fans for that BYU beatdown.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Maybe its just me, but USU and UNM are the two games I see us having a good shot against.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

kansasCowboy wrote:Maybe its just me, but USU and UNM are the two games I see us having a good shot against.
USU (with crappy QB) should have beat the CSU team that just crushed us.

You have to score points to win.

No DJ May and no Shaun Wick DEFINITELY won't help with the whole "scoring" thing.

USU offense isn't very good, but their D is decent for the injuries they have had. Pokes won't score much, and I don't think our D will keep them out much.

After watching this Pokes team skid, I could see us as a rolling dumpster fire the rest of the season. Looks like some of the guys have packed it in.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I hardly think Garrettson was a crappy QB. Besides they almost won against CSU with their #2 QB. Aren't they down to #4 now?
We do decent against the run, especially if a team is struggling themselves through the air.

We just scored 31 points on the same CSU team, in their house that USU struggled to muster 13 at home against.
And we did it without Wick and May. And we (may) have Wick back by then.

Putting that together, I think we have a decent shot.
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

Garretson is a good QB. In the games he played this season he was 91/135 for 1140 yards, 8 TDs and only 3 interceptions. QBR: 153.4.

Also for what it's worth, our game against Colorado State was on the road, not at home. Garretson started that game and was injured in the 2nd quarter. Our 3rd string QB Craig Harrison tried to finish that game but couldn't generate any offense at all. We lost Craig Harrison to season ending injury last week to UNLV. Our starting QB this week will be 4th string true freshman Kent Meyers. A lot of us saw him as the future of the Aggies. His high school highlights are amazing, but he seemed to struggle a bit against UNLV at the college level.

The fact that you have a good run defense worries me. We suck at running the ball. Everything we do on the ground is a gimmick of some sort. Lots of fly sweeps by WRs, running up the gut with a LB, etc. We have no ability to run it between the tackles.

I'm predicting a low scoring game. Probably the first team to score twice wins.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:I hardly think Garrettson was a crappy QB. Besides they almost won against CSU with their #2 QB. Aren't they down to #4 now?
We do decent against the run, especially if a team is struggling themselves through the air.

We just scored 31 points on the same CSU team, in their house that USU struggled to muster 13 at home against.
And we did it without Wick and May. And we (may) have Wick back by then.

Putting that together, I think we have a decent shot.
I was referring to Harrison.... NOT Garretson.

Harrison is not Garretson. I fully realize this.
Last edited by djm19 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

aceofspadeskb wrote:Garretson is a good QB. In the games he played this season he was 91/135 for 1140 yards, 8 TDs and only 3 interceptions. QBR: 153.4.

Also for what it's worth, our game against Colorado State was on the road, not at home. Garretson started that game and was injured in the 2nd quarter. Our 3rd string QB Craig Harrison tried to finish that game but couldn't generate any offense at all. We lost Craig Harrison to season ending injury last week to UNLV. Our starting QB this week will be 4th string true freshman Kent Meyers. A lot of us saw him as the future of the Aggies. His high school highlights are amazing, but he seemed to struggle a bit against UNLV at the college level.

The fact that you have a good run defense worries me. We suck at running the ball. Everything we do on the ground is a gimmick of some sort. Lots of fly sweeps by WRs, running up the gut with a LB, etc. We have no ability to run it between the tackles.

As mentioned...Harrison is not Garretson. I knew this when I wrote my other post.

USU's d-backs shi their brains out at the end. It was USU's game to win (with a crappy QB in Harrison) and lost.
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

djm19 wrote:
aceofspadeskb wrote:Garretson is a good QB. In the games he played this season he was 91/135 for 1140 yards, 8 TDs and only 3 interceptions. QBR: 153.4.

As mentioned...Harrison is not Garretson. I knew this when I wrote my other post.

USU's d-backs shi their brains out at the end. It was USU's game to win (with a crappy QB in Harrison) and lost.
I can't argue against this. We did have a good lead in that game and let it get away. Credit to CSU though, they played hard!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

No credit to CSU from me. Me and my entire USU family sat and watched USU d-backs give up huge plays in the final couple mins. Props to the kicker, but they should have never driven the ball down.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Utah State having to travel back from Hawaii to then travel to Laramie sounds awful. Assuming Myers doesn't turn into something special in one week, Wyoming will have a chance in that game.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Rod wrote:Utah State having to travel back from Hawaii to then travel to Laramie sounds awful. Assuming Myers doesn't turn into something special in one week, Wyoming will have a chance in that game.
Especially if Hawaii beats Utah State. :rofl:

Speaking of the Bows, the entire athletic department there in the islands is a complete dumpster fire.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Especially if Hawaii beats Utah State. :rofl:

Speaking of the Bows, the entire athletic department there in the islands is a complete dumpster fire.
A complete dumpster fire that had no problem beating Wyoming. Made Woolsey look like a Heisman winner (he's been terrible since, BTW)
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
Wyokie wrote: Especially if Hawaii beats Utah State. :rofl:

A complete dumpster fire that had no problem beating Wyoming. Made Woolsey look like a Heisman winner (he's been terrible since, BTW)
Goes to show how much DC did with the defense during his 5 year stay here.
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

Does anyone still think this won't be a good game? Nice win over Fresno!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

aceofspadeskb wrote:Does anyone still think this won't be a good game? Nice win over Fresno!
It's only a good game if the Pokes win. Might not be so easy this Friday. But still possible,
Aggiefan33
Buckaroo

Another question for you guys, I got tickets in row 1. How are the sight lines from row 1? Are we going to be high enough to see action or will we just attempt to look through players?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Aggiefan33 wrote:Another question for you guys, I got tickets in row 1. How are the sight lines from row 1? Are we going to be high enough to see action or will we just attempt to look through players?
It isn't Qualcomm (or whatever it is called now) bad, but row 1 at the War - you have to deal with all the passers-by, and may have some issues seeing the field.

Won't be a problem moving up a few rows though - so no worries really (assuming you are in section A or B)?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Aggiefan33
Buckaroo

Thanks for the heads up. McPeachy
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I'll be setup across from the indoor practice facility - hopefully around noon. Feel free to stop by.
God is a Cowboy