Advice for a visiting USU fan

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

First of all let me thank you for letting me sign up for your forum. Not all fan forums are as open and easy to join.

I'm an Aggie fan going to my first football game in Laramie next week and I'm excited to make the trip. Of all the fan bases I have associated with when they visit Logan for a football game Wyoming fans are my favorite to be around. The number of good ole blue collar, down to earth fans has always impressed me.

I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer for me. We are planning on taking an RV on the trip. Are there any tailgating lots or other parking accommodations for an RV at the stadium? Also, in what section do the visiting fans usually sit? I'm tempted to purchase my tickets among the Wyoming fans because I genuinely do like talking to Wyoming fans(and I'm not an obnoxious visiting fan). Lastly, any recommendations for Laramie itself? We'll only be there for late Friday afternoon to very early Saturday morning.

Thanks again! I'm expecting a very competitive and fun game!

Go Aggies!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Welcome to the board! There are RV spaces for tailgating, but unfortunately the only ones I know of are in donor lots. You may want to give the Cowboy Joe Club a call and they would be able to let you know where you'd be able to park for free or find an unused pass for the game. Their number is 307-776-6242.

If you're only going to be in Laramie for a short time, I would recommend checking out the campus of the University. There is a new gateway center right next to War Memorial Stadium that is supposed to be pretty incredible. (I have yet to check it out myself, but I plan to next Friday.) The Arena-Auditorium just got half of it's new facelift done, too. It is also located near the War, and from what I understand will be open for people to go check out. The main part of the campus is a few blocks to the west of the stadium. It's a really beautiful campus with a lot of new modern buildings mixed in with some that are 100+ years old.

There are lots of things to do in and around Laramie, but with driving an RV and your short stay the campus would be the thing you would be able to get the most out of.

If you see a brown & gold RV parked across from the indoor practice facility feel free to stop by and introduce yourself. I've always got a cold beverage for friendly visitors!
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

Great. Thanks for the info! I'll have to give them a call. What exactly is the Cowboy Joe Club? Just so I know who I'm talking to.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

aceofspadeskb wrote:Great. Thanks for the info! I'll have to give them a call. What exactly is the Cowboy Joe Club? Just so I know who I'm talking to.
They're the booster organization for Wyoming athletics. They run the show for parking around the stadium.
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

Thanks!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If you want to sit with Poke fans, you call the ticket office for ticket reservation and TELL THEM you are a Poke fan or alumni or they will put you in the USU section if you give a Utah address.
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

Adv8RU12 wrote:If you want to sit with Poke fans, you call the ticket office for ticket reservation and TELL THEM you are a Poke fan or alumni or they will put you in the USU section if you give a Utah address.
Good to know. Thanks. What section do the visitors sit in anyway?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Visitors are in section A (west sideline, south end zone).

If you're coming from Logan, feel free to stock your rv freezer full of aggie ice cream haha
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

cali2wyo wrote:Visitors are in section A (west sideline, south end zone).

If you're coming from Logan, feel free to stock your rv freezer full of aggie ice cream haha
Haha! It wouldn't last past Little America!
HOT POKER
Buckaroo

There is a free lot over by the softball fields I think. Look for the big conical building and it is across the street from it. You'll probably see some RV's already parked there.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:If you want to sit with Poke fans, you call the ticket office for ticket reservation and TELL THEM you are a Poke fan or alumni or they will put you in the USU section if you give a Utah address.
Meh. Not necessarily true. I live in Utah and have never been stuck somewhere based on address alone. I always pick my seats.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

You can come over to the east lower side and sit amongst the students section, nobody will check your tickets there! Most are cool, I've been to Logan for both football and bball and had a great time both visits, bring your warm clothing as it can get chilly in Laramie at night, as you know. Have fun and don't beat us too bad...lol
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

I don't think we'll be able to really beat Wyoming good. We've been bit by the injury bug pretty bad this year. We've lost 7 starters and 3 QBs to season ending injuries. We'll be starting a true-freshman QB(his first start) this week AT Hawaii, then traveling back for a short week before leaving for Laramie. He'll be backed-up by our scout team QB. I expect a good close game. Hopefully we have enough left in the tank to compete.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

aceofspadeskb wrote:I don't think we'll be able to really beat Wyoming good. We've been bit by the injury bug pretty bad this year. We've lost 7 starters and 3 QBs to season ending injuries. We'll be starting a true-freshman QB(his first start) this week AT Hawaii, then traveling back for a short week before leaving for Laramie. He'll be backed-up by our scout team QB. I expect a good close game. Hopefully we have enough left in the tank to compete.
Outside the d-line, most of our starters on defense are done for the season. Offense, we've lost a few o-linemen (even starting a true freshmen at LT) and our 2 starting RBs within days of each other. So, you're not the only ones bit by the injury bug.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Luckily for you, we make bad QBs look amazing. We're the push-up bra for QBs
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

laxwyo wrote:Luckily for you, we make bad QBs look amazing. We're the push-up bra for QBs
:rofl: Sadly....
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

laxwyo wrote:Luckily for you, we make bad QBs look amazing. We're the push-up bra for QBs

Post of the Day.
aceofspadeskb
Buckaroo

:lol:

Well I'm still hoping for a competitive game. The last thing I want to see is a blowout for either team. You guys are great!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

aceofspadeskb wrote:
Well I'm still hoping for a competitive game. The last thing I want to see is a blowout for either team. You guys are great!
I don't quite agree with you about a blowout for EITHER team. So I will compromise and split that. A Poke blowout would be OK.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:
aceofspadeskb wrote:
I don't quite agree with you about a blowout for EITHER team. So I will compromise and split that. A Poke blowout would be OK.
Lord knows we could sure use one!!!!