Colorado State moves into Top 25

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

They deserve it.
9-1 is impressive.
They don't always win pretty and often give up a lot of points, but they grind out wins and do it in a convincing way.

They have been this way since McElwain showed up, and there is a clear improvement this season.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Grayson is very very good. Another top-recruit coming through.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I really really hope it's a catalyst for something good to happen with our program. Hard to see the silver lining right now, can't believe we've gone such opposite directions since April 24th, 2013. I know we have hope for the future, but I'm tired of having only that.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

LasCrucesPoke wrote:I really really hope it's a catalyst for something good to happen with our program. Hard to see the silver lining right now, can't believe we've gone such opposite directions since April 24th, 2013. I know we have hope for the future, but I'm tired of having only that.
Nothing will change with Burman at the helm. He doesn't have it in his makeup.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Unless Marshall loses a game MWC still won't see that New Years Bowl game.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:Unless Marshall loses a game MWC still won't see that New Years Bowl game.
Not so sure the committee will want to set that precedent. They've lectured everyone on SOS for months. If Marshall gets in, what is stopping Go5 teams from scheduling nobodies every week?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Unless Marshall loses a game MWC still won't see that New Years Bowl game.
Not so sure the committee will want to set that precedent. They've lectured everyone on SOS for months. If Marshall gets in, what is stopping Go5 teams from scheduling nobodies every week?
Well the highest rated G5 Champion will get that spot and if both teams win out Marshall is 21 and CSU is 23 CSU plays no one they should even get close to losing to unless it's Air Force and that could happen. Marshall has 3 games left and from a strength stand point Rice is pretty equal to Air Force and Western Kentucky is pretty close to New Mexico where they also have UAB who is a .500 team.

I see no reason CSU should pass Marshall sure CSU beat BC but that CU win let's be serious CU is 2-8 that win isn't a quality win in any way shape or form.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: Well the highest rated G5 Champion will get that spot and if both teams win out Marshall is 21 and CSU is 23 CSU plays no one they should even get close to losing to unless it's Air Force and that could happen. Marshall has 3 games left and from a strength stand point Rice is pretty equal to Air Force and Western Kentucky is pretty close to New Mexico where they also have UAB who is a .500 team.

I see no reason CSU should pass Marshall sure CSU beat BC but that CU win let's be serious CU is 2-8 that win isn't a quality win in any way shape or form.
Well, that and if BSU doesn't lose at least 1 of the next 3 games, what CSU does won't matter at all.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
LasCrucesPoke wrote:I really really hope it's a catalyst for something good to happen with our program. Hard to see the silver lining right now, can't believe we've gone such opposite directions since April 24th, 2013. I know we have hope for the future, but I'm tired of having only that.
Well, then I guess we better get rid of Bohl. Because even Paul Bear Bryant couldn't win at WYO if Burman was in charge.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

If the Pokes go 9-1 through ten games next year, we will be ranked. I honestly have no problems with them being ranked. I do feel rankings are a load of crap, though. (Like Utah falling out and CSU coming in). I am an anti Utah Ute guy, but do feel load of turd that because they've lost more games in a harder conf, suddenly csu is better on paper. We know that's not true.

Take rankings with grain of salt.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

It's good for our conference, so indirectly good for us. It'd be nice to have 2 teams in there though.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

kansasCowboy wrote:
HiCountryCowboy wrote:
Well, then I guess we better get rid of Bohl. Because even Paul Bear Bryant couldn't win at WYO if Burman was in charge.
No to your first point, probably yes to your second.

Make no mistake, Jack Grahm pobably had as much to do with cocksucker U's rise as McElwain. He had a vision, funded it, and cleaned house of all the losers in his AD that were of Burman's ilk. We extend our empty suit (trophy case) cause doggonit our boys almost beat Nebraska.
PokeFan1980
Buckaroo

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
HiCountryCowboy wrote:
No to your first point, probably yes to your second.

Make no mistake, Jack Grahm pobably had as much to do with cocksucker U's rise as McElwain. He had a vision, funded it, and cleaned house of all the losers in his AD that were of Burman's ilk. We extend our empty suit (trophy case) cause doggonit our boys almost beat Nebraska.
HiCountry, a few years back Burman had to brace a $1 million cut to the AD budget. And had to do it without cutting a sport. That is crippling to an already underfunded department. I have a friend on the CJC board and it sounds like UW is close to getting $5 mil bump in operational through matching funds. This would be a first to my understandings as before matching funds were only used for facilities. AD's like Graham can only fund what Pres or trustees will support and if Burman can get this done that'd be major impact.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Wait, remember it takes 20 years to turn a program around.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Well the highest rated G5 Champion will get that spot and if both teams win out Marshall is 21 and CSU is 23 CSU plays no one they should even get close to losing to unless it's Air Force and that could happen. Marshall has 3 games left and from a strength stand point Rice is pretty equal to Air Force and Western Kentucky is pretty close to New Mexico where they also have UAB who is a .500 team.

We don't know how the committee is ranking them. Marshall at 21 and CSU is at 23 in the polls which are not the same as how the committee ranks them. The last ranking had no Go5 teams in it. We'll se on tuesday how this week turns out. MWC homer aside I think Marshall does deserve it. There schedule has been horrible but they have been destroying people and it would be interesting to see them against someone good. CSU needs BSU to lose to have a chance anyway.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

We don't know how the committee is ranking them. Marshall at 21 and CSU is at 23 in the polls which are not the same as how the committee ranks them. The last ranking had no Go5 teams in it. We'll se on tuesday how this week turns out. MWC homer aside I think Marshall does deserve it. There schedule has been horrible but they have been destroying people and it would be interesting to see them against someone good. CSU needs BSU to lose to have a chance anyway.
Not sure why I didn't notice that before but the AP poll is supposedly nothing now, So are they using the AP poll for the new years bowls but using the CFP poll for the playoffs?

If so, That makes no sense at all. If not the AP poll ranking isn't relevant.

As for how the committee is ranking them, They aren't they are only ranking P5 schools which is shady as hell.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing but P5 schools such a dog poop committee.