Bowl Bid for a 6 and 6 Wyoming Team?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

thirtyseven wrote:Does it really matter? I don't see how we beat Boise
The same way we beat Fresno St.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote: The same way we beat Fresno St.
Boise plans to play a freshman QB with zero experience? Boise's QB just won Capital One Impact Performance of the week.

This last two week stretch where Wyoming played back-to-back freshman QBs is incredibly rare. No such luxury will exist going forward.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
WYCowboy wrote: The same way we beat Fresno St.
Boise plans to play a freshman QB with zero experience? Boise's QB just won Capital One Impact Performance of the week.

This last two week stretch where Wyoming played back-to-back freshman QBs is incredibly rare. No such luxury will exist going forward.
I think he meant gashing BSU on the ground, much like we did with Fresno, with Kirk giving enough balance to keep the defense honest.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: I think he meant gashing BSU on the ground, much like we did with Fresno, with Kirk giving enough balance to keep the defense honest.
Maybe so, but Hill's ridiculous record-setting game vs. Fresno isn't something easily replicated. So far that performance is not the rule, but the exception.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote: I think he meant gashing BSU on the ground, much like we did with Fresno, with Kirk giving enough balance to keep the defense honest.
Maybe so, but Hill's ridiculous record-setting game vs. Fresno isn't something easily replicated. So far that performance is not the rule, but the exception.
I think Hill can replicate it, if UNM can bust out 400+ yards on the ground, and that was not all from option either. A lot of those were sweeps and right up the gut. Plus, regardless of how "bad" Kirk is, he gives us a better passing option than UNM had, and they even passed well against BSU. Our biggest challenge is to stop Hedrick from running on us, limit him to shorter passes, and stop Ajayi. We do that and we win in probably a shootout. We don't and we get blown out. I think we have a good chance being that it's in Laramie. I also think we have an advantage against UNM. We cover well defending the option, so I think we will be able to hold UNM in check, not to mention even if they do get a few passes off they don't have a Robinette or Brown like AFA does which has turned out to be a legit pass threat for AFA.
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

This thread will either have life a week from today or the plug will be pulled.

We can thank Boise for doing their part by hanging an L on SDSU last night, but Air Force needs to put a stake in them next week. I still think SDSU ends up 6-6 because I can't see San Jose closing them out.

Nevada, What are you doing? We need you to step up and finish Fresno next week. You're playing for conference championship slot - FINISH FRESNO...or else. :tickedoff:

Actually, If we don't finish 6-6 - I'm pulling for Nevada to win the conference. :winky:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
lakesbison wrote:Still a successful season if they split the last 2 games right?
Lol...by Wyo's terrible standards? Yep, 5-7 is right on par.
Just to wind you up, yep, 5-7, pretty much Oregon State's average record the past half decade (full recruiting class pass through). At least Wyoming has been scheduling more OOC games vs teams from better conferences and not using the open weekends to try and pad their record.
Lol..
One team plays in the pac and doesn't need to beef up ooc play.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SlowPoke
Buckaroo

stymeman wrote:i think Bohl's pride will not allow him to want to accept a bowl bid if we do get to 6, imo, 6-6 is NOT worthy of post season appearance now 7-5 next year and better after that that's truly what I wanna see
Depends on what his contract incentives are. Include bowl bid.. yes; win bowl.. yes; no bowl contract incentive... nope, not going.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Bohl is not going to turn down a bowl game. A program that he been bowl eligible a handful of years in the last 15 seasons is not turning down a bowl game. Stupid idea. What are we notre dame all of a sudden? We think ANY bowl game is below us?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

6-6? Wouldn't it be more realistic to talk about what Santa is bringing us for Xmas and about who the Poke BB team will face in the Final Four this year?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:6-6? Wouldn't it be more realistic to talk about what Santa is bringing us for Xmas and about who the Poke BB team will face in the Final Four this year?
Right? This sure is a lot of arguing over chickens that haven't hatched yet. Wyoming is an underdog to Boise, and will likely be an underdog in Albuquerque too. Win the games first.