Bowl Bid for a 6 and 6 Wyoming Team?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

I have attended at least 140 Wyoming football games. I'm not even sure if that includes road games or bowl games, but it does reflect that I have seen many games in person. Despite being an eye witness of 28 years of Wyoming football, and against my better judgement, I pose the following question.
(I hesitate to ask and risk jinxing the Cowboys because they have not won the last two games of the regular season in 18 years. But, let's not let history get in the way)

Does Wyoming get a bowl bid at 6-6 over Fresno or San Diego if they each have an identical record?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The Mountain Division has been stronger than the West, and us bitch slapping Fresno proves that. Wyoming fans also travel much better than Fresno or SDSU fans, particularly if it's the New Mexico Bowl.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

There are a few conferences that will be short on available bowl teams. At-large chances will be available.

But of course, this is purely hypothetical and unlikely.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

let me start by saying that I definitely do not feel we're winning the next 2 games. However, that said, I will play the hypothetical game.

Bohl has brought a very valuable reputation to Laramie. He is probably the most respected respected coach in the MWC. Name another coach who gets the run that Bohl gets. I am sure he admit also, but it will be nice when the telecast begins the games with features on our players and not our coach. Until then. ...I love what Bohl has brought in the form of attention.

Yes, if pokes get more lucky than Kevin Federline, they go to a bowl game.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

If some of the closer Bowls (i.e. NM) had an option to take us, I think they would. If we were in the running for a Bowl but the only option was one far away, no, I don't think we go unless there are no other options for that Bowl.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Still a successful season if they split the last 2 games right?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

lakesbison wrote:Still a successful season if they split the last 2 games right?
Continued improvement and be competitive against Boise. I like what I've seen the past few weeks.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:Still a successful season if they split the last 2 games right?
Lol...by Wyo's terrible standards? Yep, 5-7 is right on par.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
Do you see a bunch of fans jumping for joy? Most people predicted worse, but won't be happy with a losing record regardless of what they predicted. Success is being built....it will take a couple years, but Bohl will make us successful again.

When I was in school, I was able to cheer for a top 10 football an top 4 basketball team at one point. Conference titles in both sports multiple times. We are headed in that direction, so don't be a dick.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Do you see a bunch of fans jumping for joy? Most people predicted worse, but won't be happy with a losing record regardless of what they predicted. Success is being built....it will take a couple years, but Bohl will make us successful again.

When I was in school, I was able to cheer for a top 10 football an top 4 basketball team at one point. Conference titles in both sports multiple times. We are headed in that direction, so don't be a dick.

If you were in school then, I am jealous, but at the same time, aren't you tired of hearing the same thing over and over?

After Glenn took us to the Vegas Bowl we were building something big. You know how that worked out.
DC came in with ACS who was going to be a 4 year starter, and won the NM Bowl in year 1, and was leading us to something big. You know how that worked out.
I am sick and tired of hearing how we are headed in the right direction.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I kinda like the new hateful, spiteful ,pessimist BeaverPoke.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

DP
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

BeaverPoke wrote:I am sick and tired of hearing how we are headed in the right direction.
Me too Beav. Me too. I often think that being a Wyoming fan has shortened my life by 5 or so years.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

If you were in school then, I am jealous, but at the same time, aren't you tired of hearing the same thing over and over?

After Glenn took us to the Vegas Bowl we were building something big. You know how that worked out.
DC came in with ACS who was going to be a 4 year starter, and won the NM Bowl in year 1, and was leading us to something big. You know how that worked out.
I am sick and tired of hearing how we are headed in the right direction.
I'll take heading in the right direction over heading south....especially with a new coach who changed both the offense and defense and has a 3rd string QB to lead the team. I am patient and positive, but yes it does get frustrating. Your post suggested the Poke faithful are content with 5-7, when that is not the case. Each handles it in a different way. Some whine, some try to stay positive. But, ultimately, the goal is to get back to winning conference titles, etc.

I think Bohl is the right man to get the job done.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

i think Bohl's pride will not allow him to want to accept a bowl bid if we do get to 6, imo, 6-6 is NOT worthy of post season appearance now 7-5 next year and better after that that's truly what I wanna see
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:
Just to wind you up, yep, 5-7, pretty much Oregon State's average record the past half decade (full recruiting class pass through). At least Wyoming has been scheduling more OOC games vs teams from better conferences and not using the open weekends to try and pad their record.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Just to wind you up, yep, 5-7, pretty much Oregon State's average record the past half decade (full recruiting class pass through). At least Wyoming has been scheduling more OOC games vs teams from better conferences and not using the open weekends to try and pad their record.
last time i remember B.Y.E really sucks no one's ever lost to them...lol
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

stymeman wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
last time i remember B.Y.E really sucks no one's ever lost to them...lol
Don't worry, their eternal and equal rival UNLV MAY give them a chance to win.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

stymeman wrote:i think Bohl's pride will not allow him to want to accept a bowl bid if we do get to 6, imo, 6-6 is NOT worthy of post season appearance now 7-5 next year and better after that that's truly what I wanna see
I disagree. Not sure what you have seen to suggest that Coach Bohl would let emotion overshadow an opportunity to get those extra 2-3 weeks of practice for his younger guys. He wouldn't deny his seniors the opportunity to play one last game. He doesn't strike me as a coach that feels his team is unworthy of anything given the circumstances they were presented with and all the hard work those kids put in for him.
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Does it really matter? I don't see how we beat Boise