You wanna talk pathetic attendance?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Look at the AFA vs. Nevada game (and stands) last Saturday. Not counting cadets, I would guess there were 2,000 there. For an AFA team that was 7 & 2 against a Nevada team that was 6 & 3, with Mountain division title implications on the line. Holy poop that was bad. For a city of more than 400,000 - an immediate area of more than 700,000 - and a 70 mile radius of millions...THAT is what I would call pathetic.

*Reported attendance (butts in seats) was 11,519 :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

This is why the MWC is irrelevant. I was going to say "becoming irrelevant" but let's not kid ourselves, the process is done and we are irrelevant now.
Thank goodness we brought in a bunch of WAC programs to replace 3 powerhouse programs.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

As opposed to...?

Staying at 6? Disbanding?? Not sure what other options the MW had.

I guess we should have invited Texas and Oklahoma to join.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

BeaverPoke wrote:This is why the MWC is irrelevant. I was going to say "becoming irrelevant" but let's not kid ourselves, the process is done and we are irrelevant now.
Thank goodness we brought in a bunch of WAC programs to replace 3 powerhouse programs.
Attendance is not why the MWC is irrelevant. Attendance is a symptom of why the MWC is irrelevant.

TV marketability is the biggest factor and we don't have it. Our leaders need to start acknowledging this and playing the class warfare card. It seems to resonate right now. There is no more "un-American" system than the P5 mentality. "You aren't rich enough, prestigious enough, or have enough of a royal lineage (i.e. history) to be allowed to compete".

If you cut through the b.s., that is what they are telling us. For some reason we accept that as an acceptable reality. We should be hammering away at the message "We are only asking for the opportunity to compete. In today's society, now more than ever, our Universities should stand as beacon of hope and demonstrate that all have the opportunity to succeed with hard work. Not just the wealthy or those with history that is deemed more important than others."
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:This is why the MWC is irrelevant. I was going to say "becoming irrelevant" but let's not kid ourselves, the process is done and we are irrelevant now.
I don't know about that Beaver...

Makes me vomit that you think bWHYu and Utard are powerhouse programs though. I will give you TCU, but that stadium only holds 40K - and without the current run (Patterson), it wouldn't be filled at that. The gaps between relevant and irrelevant are continually widening. There are about 30 or so football programs that will survive the USA - NCAA Armageddon. Wyoming isn't one of those (neither is Oregon State by the way) - so we may as well call it what it is, and let the 30 or so slide off to become the NFLite, and the remaining 80 - 90 compete at a true and somewhat equal collegiate level.
Dear Karma,

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
I don't know about that Beaver...

Makes me vomit that you think bWHYu and Utard are powerhouse programs though. I will give you TCU, but that stadium only holds 40K - and without the current run (Patterson), it wouldn't be filled at that. The gaps between relevant and irrelevant are continually widening. There are about 30 or so football programs that will survive the USA - NCAA Armageddon. Wyoming isn't one of those (neither is Oregon State by the way) - so we may as well call it what it is, and let the 30 or so slide off to become the NFLite, and the remaining 80 - 90 compete at a true and somewhat equal collegiate level.
This isn't football of yesteryear peach, no one cares about who wasn't good back then. The fact Utah has 2 BCS Bowl wins this century and is ranked in a P5 conference equates to powerhouse in the sense of haves versus have nots. Byu could have been a have but they decided to become a have not.
It's not that there's 30 or so programs that are going to survive. It's p5 versus the rest.
that's why utah and tcu (and oregon state) are fine. Mwc? Nope.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I like WWP's question.

What else would you have had MWC do? Inviting the better WAC schools was our only option.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Did we forget Eastern Mich? 30k stadium,'and they avg 3-4k a game.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
I like WWP's question.

What else would you have had MWC do? Inviting the better WAC schools was our only option.

Nothing we could have done, it just cemented the MWC as a lower-tier conference.

I said that very tongue in cheek not bashing the MWC for doing it but more of a "Great! That's our only choice! So awesome!"
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

UU was no powerhouse, neither was TCU. They both had perfect timing, and sort of lucked out. TCU was good 50 years ago, when Wyoming was good, then got good again under Patterson. Utah was good after the Olympics resulted in expanding their stadium, and they fired McBride and hired Urban Legend.

BYU has had the attendance and support and winning to be considered a 'major' or powerhouse for 35 years.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Nothing we could have done, it just cemented the MWC as a lower-tier conference.

I said that very tongue in cheek not bashing the MWC for doing it but more of a "Great! That's our only choice! So awesome!"
Worst part is, Dickface still couldn't compete in the "watered down" MWC. That piece of poop. :evil:
Dear Karma,

johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Lets just start a THREAD: BEAVERS BITCH ZONE

That way I can avoid reading all this insidious bull poop.
There is nothing, absolutely nothing gratifying about his observations anymore.

Closed case.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Brew_Poke wrote:
UU was no powerhouse, neither was TCU. They both had perfect timing, and sort of lucked out. TCU was good 50 years ago, when Wyoming was good, then got good again under Patterson. Utah was good after the Olympics resulted in expanding their stadium, and they fired McBride and hired Urban Legend.

BYU has had the attendance and support and winning to be considered a 'major' or powerhouse for 35 years.
As of right now, good chance TCU is in the playoff.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

Wyovanian wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:

TCU's problems the last couple of years was severe lack of depth and experience. They had something like 20 players kicked out due to testing positive for drugs. A lot of them on the 1 and 2 deep. This year is more like the TCU teams before that happened.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

johnywyo wrote:Lets just start a THREAD: BEAVERS BITCH ZONE

That way I can avoid reading all this insidious bull poop.
There is nothing, absolutely nothing gratifying about his observations anymore.

Closed case.
Hey dingus, I didn't even start this thread. Just threw in my opinion. And the beauty of forums is that if you don't want to read my posts, don't come to Wyonation. You know I am going to be here commenting.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times

Wyovanian wrote:
Brew_Poke wrote:

Yes, they got good under Patterson, as I stated.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

ive been pounding the NDSU TO FBS drums for 2-3 years now, but the distractors all point to MAC & MWC actual attendences and say "why would NDSU leave a 20,000 seat packed stadium every weekend"

I hope that attendence will start to rise again in the MWC/MAC