Coaching Changes

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-bl ... m-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WestWYOPoke wrote:Which really makes you wonder....they were first in the Mountain West in athletic department expenses and revenue (significantly higher than both boise and SDSU). I get that they probably shovel a big figure into basketball and they have baseball, but with that much money getting spent, how are they that inept at football...
Same problem we have... an established culture of failure. Other than lack of talent in NV, Vegas should have a pretty high ceiling for football. They gotta break the culture, though. Ed G on it is the link at top.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Rumor is UNLV is going to hire Bishop Gorman's current HC Sanchez. The primary backers to Gorman are the owners of the UFC, the Fertitta family. The Fertittas are rumored to be willing to front $30M to UNLV Football that will be earmarked for facilties, training table and coaches salaries. UNLV has wanted to build an indoor facility for sometime now - here's the $ for it.

https://twitter.com/markanderson65/stat ... 60?lang=en

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Where the hell were they when Hauck was hired? Or a year ago? I'd be curious to see how a VERY successful HS coach is in FBS.. a lot of his players usually go to Pac12 type schools.. how would we do w/ basically lesser talent at UNLV?
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

VisorHair wrote:Rumor is UNLV is going to hire Bishop Gorman's current HC Sanchez. The primary backers to Gorman are the owners of the UFC, the Fertitta family. The Fertittas are rumored to be willing to front $30M to UNLV Football that will be earmarked for facilties, training table and coaches salaries. UNLV has wanted to build an indoor facility for sometime now - here's the $ for it.

https://twitter.com/markanderson65/stat ... 60?lang=en
Two words for the Fertitta family and their idea of hiring Sanchez from Bishop Gorman.....Gerry Faust :rofl:
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

There are people saying that SMOO has a press conference tomorrow at 3 PM CT.

It's said to be to announce the hiring of Chad Morris.

Maybe y'all are too far away to read the smoke signals I'll send up........
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

It even says so here:

http://www.tigernet.com/football/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.tigernet.com/update/coach/SM ... nday-18067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:cool:
Last edited by alyssa on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

MrTitleist wrote:Where the hell were they when Hauck was hired? Or a year ago? I'd be curious to see how a VERY successful HS coach is in FBS.. a lot of his players usually go to Pac12 type schools.. how would we do w/ basically lesser talent at UNLV?
Todd Dodge did it a few years ago at North Texas...didn't work out too well for him or the Mean Green.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Where the hell were they when Hauck was hired? Or a year ago? I'd be curious to see how a VERY successful HS coach is in FBS.. a lot of his players usually go to Pac12 type schools.. how would we do w/ basically lesser talent at UNLV?
They wanted to but Bobby didn't offer their son a scholly. Either of them. Whoops.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Colorado State coach Jim McElwain has emerged as a leading candidate for the Florida vacancy, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports Sunday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--c ... 56592.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Colorado State coach Jim McElwain has emerged as a leading candidate for the Florida vacancy, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports Sunday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--c ... 56592.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No surprise there.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Todd Dodge did it a few years ago at North Texas...didn't work out too well for him or the Mean Green.
Tulsa's current coach, Bill Blankenship, went straight from the high school coaching ranks (Tulsa Union :roll: ) and he's about to get canned.

Only time I've seen a coach go from the high school ranks to Division I and be successful has been Sherri Coale, the head Women's basketball coach at Oklahoma. Was coaching at Norman High when she got the OU job. Did not take her long to be successful. Been at OU since 1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Coa ... ing_record" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Tulsa's current coach, Bill Blankenship, went straight from the high school coaching ranks (Tulsa Union :roll: ) and he's about to get canned.

Only time I've seen a coach go from the high school ranks to Division I and be successful has been Sherri Coale, the head Women's basketball coach at Oklahoma. Was coaching at Norman High when she got the OU job. Did not take her long to be successful. Been at OU since 1996.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Coa ... ing_record" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Art Briles was close. Stephenville, TX HS to two years as a Rb coach at TTech to HC at Houston to Baylor. I would guess that Briles would've been successful without his stint at Tech, but probably wasn't afforded an opportunity. Unlv will likely fail but they'll get $30M out of it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Not a bad move, IMO, if they can address their major deficiencies that are leading to their failures. It doesn't matter who you plug in there at the moment, the person is likely to fail.

If they get a HC cheap and then lots of money for salaries and facilities, might as well go for it.

At least they recognize their cultural problems.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Finally hired a good ol' Texas boy!

He's out recruiting tomorrow. Said he can recruit all he needs on a quarter tank of gas (I think).
He and I are both from small towns and it is just a relief to have someone hired who GETS IT and is a lot like me in many ways.............
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

I wish him good luck, but having your first college head coaching gig being SMU... :shock: ouch...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyokie wrote: Only time I've seen a coach go from the high school ranks to Division I and be successful has been Sherri Coale, the head Women's basketball coach at Oklahoma.
Do you think that might have something to do with an athletic director that knows what he's doing? (unlike some AD's we know)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:
Wyokie wrote: Only time I've seen a coach go from the high school ranks to Division I and be successful has been Sherri Coale, the head Women's basketball coach at Oklahoma.
Do you think that might have something to do with an athletic director that knows what he's doing? (unlike some AD's we know)
He's a rarity for ADs. Like a 1 million-to-1 shot.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:I wish him good luck, but having your first college head coaching gig being SMU... :shock: ouch...
Nice to wish him luck BUTCHAKNOW this time should be different because he has what it takes.
Y'all know that I never wanted that June Jones and complained about it when I met with the AD.

It will be hard because JJ tanked the program. For the last 3 or 4 years he did not recruit. The roster is nearly full with players who did not have an FBS offer. He's a real crazy bitch who ruined the program on purpose. Chad Morris is a real worker with a positive attitude, that is so refreshing.

My Mom and I talked about it last night and will give some support to the program that we hadn't been giving because of the most recent BS.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

From the DMN.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/column ... er-kit.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

alyssa wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:I wish him good luck, but having your first college head coaching gig being SMU... :shock: ouch...
Nice to wish him luck BUTCHAKNOW this time should be different because he has what it takes.
Y'all know that I never wanted that June Jones and complained about it when I met with the AD.

It will be hard because JJ tanked the program. For the last 3 or 4 years he did not recruit. The roster is nearly full with players who did not have an FBS offer. He's a real crazy bitch who ruined the program on purpose. Chad Morris is a real worker with a positive attitude, that is so refreshing.

My Mom and I talked about it last night and will give some support to the program that we hadn't been giving because of the most recent BS.
This is a Wyoming board. No one cares about death penalty U. BTW, here's the coach you should have hired. Plus, I hear he could double as the cross country coach

http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2010 ... angino.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;