Coaching Changes

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
hithere
Ranch Hand

VisorHair wrote: Lol.. I would be ecstatic if he came back to Laramie. But that staff will probably stay in FoCo. Mac won't bring very many to Fla.
Which then begs the question on who McElwain targets for the offensive side and who other new coaches will target for their staffs.

Pelini to Auburn?
UAB coach Bill Clark?
Hoke?
Jeff Quinn?
Blankenship?
Karl Dorrell?

Fun time to speculate.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

NOW OPEN:

Oregon State- Pelini

Michigan- Thinking their AD screws this up and gets someone from left field. No clue. Originally thought Mullen, thinking thats still a possibility, or will try to bring in Harbaugh. Definitely have feeling of Schiano.

Colorado State- Man.. Thoughts? I think their OC will take the reins for bowl game.. But this will have to be an important hire.

UNLV- Obv Sanchez from Gorman + hearing Orgeron and Nutt in the mix. The AD there is a lunatic, assuming she turns down the $30M offer with Sanchez and goes with a older coach. Gut tells me Nutt gets it.

Tulsa- Who cares.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I've seen at least one site speculate about OSU interest in Tim DeRuyter
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

VisorHair wrote:NOW OPEN:

Oregon State- Pelini

Michigan- Thinking their AD screws this up and gets someone from left field. No clue. Originally thought Mullen, thinking thats still a possibility, or will try to bring in Harbaugh. Definitely have feeling of Schiano.

Colorado State- Man.. Thoughts? I think their OC will take the reins for bowl game.. But this will have to be an important hire.

UNLV- Obv Sanchez from Gorman + hearing Orgeron and Nutt in the mix. The AD there is a lunatic, assuming she turns down the $30M offer with Sanchez and goes with a older coach. Gut tells me Nutt gets it.

Tulsa- Who cares.
I think that Bronco Mendenhall at BYU would at least be marginally interested at coaching at the school he played at. I would love to see BYU scatter to find a coach and it would serve their fan base right as they want him gone. I know I would kill for his record as a Uw fan.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
hithere
Ranch Hand

Jeff Tedford?

Mack Brown?

I hope CSU gets a good coach. I'm of the opinion that a rising tide lifts all ships in the conference.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

hithere wrote:Jeff Tedford?

Mack Brown?

I hope CSU gets a good coach. I'm of the opinion that a rising tide lifts all ships in the conference.
Or sinks some.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

hithere wrote:Jeff Tedford?

Mack Brown?

Or sinks some.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Crazy move by UNLV, but that must mean the money is coming in. It isn't a bad move. If they can get budgets in order and some facilities in place over the next 4 years, that will be more beneficial than a lot of things.

Probably not a great hire for immediate success, but he really can't do any worse than his predecessors.

I have no reason whatsoever to base this on. I have no idea who this potential coach is or who the potential donors are, so this next statement is 100% irrational. Still, for some reason, I can't help myself from predicting a drastic rise of UNLV football followed by NCAA sanctions :lol:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

UNLV should just drop football and focus on basketball and such...ala Gonzaga.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote:UNLV should just drop football and focus on basketball and such...ala Gonzaga.
No. They are a team we can actually beat.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:UNLV should just drop football and focus on basketball and such...ala Gonzaga.
No. They are a team we can actually beat.
Ooooh...good point. On topic, maybe we can dummy down the conference a little further with the next round of alignment, and really be able to compete (now)? Think how proud Burman would be of our budget compared to these fine institutions...I can just hear him say it now, "It is great that we now have a conference we can compete in with similar athletic budgets". Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wyoming
New Mexico State
Idaho
Idaho State
San Jose State
Portland State
Weber State
Southern Utah
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Crazy move by UNLV, but that must mean the money is coming in. It isn't a bad move. If they can get budgets in order and some facilities in place over the next 4 years, that will be more beneficial than a lot of things.

Probably not a great hire for immediate success, but he really can't do any worse than his predecessors.

I have no reason whatsoever to base this on. I have no idea who this potential coach is or who the potential donors are, so this next statement is 100% irrational. Still, for some reason, I can't help myself from predicting a drastic rise of UNLV football followed by NCAA sanctions :lol:

Yeah the AD had to pull the trigger with all that money on the table from the outside. No way she'd survive if she didn't take the chance. Whether he wins or not is a diff story, but the money is and was a necessity.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

If they can get a few players every year from Bishop they're be halfway decent on that alone.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

Hell, if they use some of the money to buy an OC and DC that know what they are doing, he can just take a back seat and let them run the show.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote:Hell, if they use some of the money to buy an OC and DC that know what they are doing, he can just take a back seat and let them run the show.
Exactly my thoughts lol

TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Gary Anderson to Oregon State...WOW....Nice get from them. Must have wanted out of Wisconsin bad.(I say that as a OSU fan)
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

TSpoke wrote:Gary Anderson to Oregon State...WOW....Nice get from them. Must have wanted out of Wisconsin bad.(I say that as a OSU fan)
That's what it's sounding like from initial reports. May have not been getting along with people wanting traditional Wisconsin run-it-down-your-throat football and his spread offense.

Early names for new HC at Wisconsin:

Paul Chryst - HC at Pitt, was OC at Wisc under Bielema
Darrell Bevell - OC for Seattle Seahawks
Greg Schiano - former Tampa Bay HC, former Rutgers HC
Dave Aranda - current DC at Wisconsin
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Doesn't surprise me about Andersen leaving.. heard Alvarez is a control freak and quite the prick. Because Youngstown hasn't "officially" offered Pelini as far as we know.. Wouldn't shock me at all to see Barry throw the bank at him and hire him. No brainer there.

BJC
A Real Cowboy

sort of explains the horrible loss now :whistle: