Kind of a dead horse but....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Cade Smith was offered a grey shirt by Utah State last night. There must be something going on behind the scenes because it should be a shoe in that this kid is a poke. I really don't want him in our division with a coaching staff that has a knack for developing QBs and coaching up kids with chips on their shoulder...
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

I sure hope we are on him. Can you imagine how our fanbase would rally around him? I would think Cade could potentially be worth a 7 figure donation, and then sum, from the alumni / boosters.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:I sure hope we are on him. Can you imagine how our fanbase would rally around him? I would think Cade could potentially be worth a 7 figure donation, and then sum, from the alumni / boosters.
I would hope so too but I don't think we are. We pulled the scholarship offer from him I know. We were supposedly still recruiting him but I got the feeling we aren't that interested. It could be he wants to play in a spread and isn't interested in coiming here but I get the feeling the new staff wasn't that interested. Which I think is a mistake.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I get he's not a prototypical Bohl type quarterback, but how many scholarship guys have left from this last year's class? 2? So I don't understand how he's not worth a scholarship offer, we've taken much bigger risks and always will. He could develop into something truly great, and you're right McPeachy the fan base would rally around him. Instead the story line is going to be look at those idiots at Wyoming not offering this kid as he's beating us at a "rival" school. Is Kaligis recruiting oregon?
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I would love to have him at uw. I would think that the coaching staff knows what they are looking for though.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 119 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote:I would love to have him at uw. I would think that the coaching staff knows what they are looking for though.
Hopefully they know.

Hopefully their player expectations have increased since leaving Podunk ND. :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

TSpoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I sure hope we are on him. Can you imagine how our fanbase would rally around him? I would think Cade could potentially be worth a 7 figure donation, and then sum, from the alumni / boosters.
I would hope so too but I don't think we are. We pulled the scholarship offer from him I know. We were supposedly still recruiting him but I got the feeling we aren't that interested. It could be he wants to play in a spread and isn't interested in coiming here but I get the feeling the new staff wasn't that interested. Which I think is a mistake.

I think you are right. I don't think Cade is the new Wyo offensive scheme guy. I have followed Cade closely the past year or so. Look up his games and such every weekend. His highlights are awesome. He just broke all of Brett's records. I think he will fit in nicely at USU. If DC were still around, Cade's name would be all over.

My guess is that Bohl feels confident with Nick Smith, Fort, etc.

Although he may not be the "pro style" QB on paper, I also think it is a mistake we don't go after him still. if he is anything like Brett, he would be a hard worker and be a perfect Bohl type worker. It is looking like USU is the front runner.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Take this for what it's worth but... I saw some kid wearing a West Salem football shirt at the gym here, asked if he knew Brett and the kid told me he went to West Salem and how Brett went to Wyoming and how Cade is going to go as well.

But the kid was also between Bretts and Cades age, meaning he probably hasn't talked to either Cade or Brett recently, especially since DC was fired, Brett declared, and Bohl took over.

I didn't think we had a chance at Cade anymore.

What's the grey-shirt exactly? Preferred walk-on?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Can someone bring me up to speed? I remember seeing back in April that WYO allegedly pulled his offer. Every recruiting article, site, etc. I can find says he has an offer from WYO and some also list Navy. Most of these articles are from this Fall.

Did we re-offer or is word just not out that we pulled the offer?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Can someone bring me up to speed? I remember seeing back in April that WYO allegedly pulled his offer. Every recruiting article, site, etc. I can find says he has an offer from WYO and some also list Navy. Most of these articles are from this Fall.

Cade is not coming to Wyoming. WE pulled the scholarship when Bohl arrived. He is not a pro style QB. Bad news fro us is he will probably end up in Utah State and shred us on the field.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Slow Hand wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Can someone bring me up to speed? I remember seeing back in April that WYO allegedly pulled his offer. Every recruiting article, site, etc. I can find says he has an offer from WYO and some also list Navy. Most of these articles are from this Fall.

Cade is not coming to Wyoming. WE pulled the scholarship when Bohl arrived. He is not a pro style QB. Bad news fro us is he will probably end up in Utah State and shred us on the field.
Thanks, also found a recent NW article that only listed Navy.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

For those interested in his highlights from this year

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/448390/cade-smith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

He isn't a pro style QB and unless he has decided that he wants to go that route I see no reason we will go after him. Now if he is smart and I mean if he learned anything from Brett being in college he should have learned that Spread QB's have a hell of a lot of trouble getting into the NFL.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Enough to get paid RGIII
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:Enough to get paid RGIII
The same RG3 coming under very heavy scrutiny and more likely to be benched? To be a spread QB and make it in the NFL successfully it seems you have to be a top 10 draft pick just to get there. Most of the QB's that go later in the draft are not spread style QB's but power/pro/west coast anything but spread.

All I'm saying is as a younger brother if he is paying attention I would want to play in a non spread offense and work on footwork and all the things they say spread QB's lack.