Pathetic Attendance - Boise

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm not going to blame anybody for not showing up for this one. Was personally planning on going until we sunk a couple of grand into my wife's Jeep only to find out it needs serious machining done on the cylinders to the tune of another $3,200 (or a full engine replacement). It's more than its actual value at this point, so guess we're done with it.

Now my Volvo needs almost two grand as well (timing belt/oil leak fix plus replace CCU), but at least it'll be fine after that. Budget's going to be a bit rough for us the next year or so.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I hope the hoops win got the fans so excited they all decide to stay and go to the football game.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

BeaverPoke wrote:I hope the hoops win got the fans so excited they all decide to stay and go to the football game.
I want to be optimistic but what I feel is the same thing that would happen this time of year when I was there. We would leave the Basketball game because there was too much time between the two and either go home and get food or go out and eat and by the time it was kick off it was too cold outside since we had been in all day or if we went home to eat people just lost motivation.

I can't count the number of games I went to alone because of that and I really hope it doesn't strike tonight.
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

2 of us went down from Casper. Confess we left with about :50 seconds left in the 4th (it just felt like we weren't coming back at that point). I thought we had outgrown celebrating first downs, but some of that returned last night. Once all hope is gone, you celebrate the little things like:
a. Almost getting a first down.
b. Opposing receivers dropping the easy catch.
c. Any kick returner that gets stopped at the 25 (the idiot could have saved himself from getting tackled). Any punt inside the 20.
d. Anytime an opposing players slips and falls - :rofl:
e. Insignificant holding penalties on someone no where near the ball that costs the opposing team a long TD - :winky:
f. When an opposing player's shoe comes off and you know his socks are wet-we all know how uncomfortable that feels, right?
g. Cheering wildly for any seniors who finally get in the game.

PS. What do you mean the stands were empty? I took a tally late in the game and there were exactly 12 of us left in Section 27. Technically, that's not empty.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Kougar78 wrote:2 of us went down from Casper. Confess we left with about :50 seconds left in the 4th (it just felt like we weren't coming back at that point). I thought we had outgrown celebrating first downs, but some of that returned last night. Once all hope is gone, you celebrate the little things like:
a. Almost getting a first down.
b. Opposing receivers dropping the easy catch.
c. Any kick returner that gets stopped at the 25 (the idiot could have saved himself from getting tackled). Any punt inside the 20.
d. Anytime an opposing players slips and falls - :rofl:
e. Insignificant holding penalties on someone no where near the ball that costs the opposing team a long TD - :winky:
f. When an opposing player's shoe comes off and you know his socks are wet-we all know how uncomfortable that feels, right?
g. Cheering wildly for any seniors who finally get in the game.

PS. What do you mean the stands were empty? I took a tally late in the game and there were exactly 12 of us left in Section 27. Technically, that's not empty.
F is solid!

Good on you for going and staying as long as you did. Better man than me!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

We stayed through the snow and beatdown to the bitter end. I told the BSU team as we were walking along side of them toward the exit that payback was going to be a bitch.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Not gonna lie, I left at halftime. Thank God I missed that fiasco of a 3rd quarter.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYO1016 wrote:Not gonna lie, I left at halftime. Thank God I missed that fiasco of a 3rd quarter.
After the Captain went down, and then we saw some quit, that was enough fun for me. That was ugly. :oops:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

It really was the first game it looked like the kids quit.
W-Y, Until I Die!