Wyoming is going to win...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

I don't know about the last two games of this year or all of the games next year, but I think Wyoming will win...and consistently. I know that past is usually prologue, and our past, as has been noted repeatedly, is spotty at best. But I think that Bohl and Co. are laying a very solid foundation - one rooted in a clear vision for what they know Wyoming can become. And people are noticing and people are buying in - especially those outside the program who couldn't care less about what our record was last year, 10 years ago or even in 1969...they are looking forward. We have a former BYU quarterback, former CU quarterback (think Bill McCartney timeframe), legendary coaches in the southwest (Texas), former CU offensive linemen (again, Bill McCartney era) and many, many others that are paying very close attention to what is happening at Wyoming - watching every game we play and loving what they see, no matter the score at the end. Why? Because each of these people that I know to be watching Bohl and our Pokes know what a PROGRAM looks like and they know that there is a fairly promising one building in Laramie. And guess what? Bohl didn't have to reach out to any of these people - they have sought him out. They want their kids and grandkids and friends' kids to play football at Wyoming. They are watching other players in Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska and elsewhere and encouraging them to look at Wyoming. They are watching current commits and recruits and they LIKE WHAT THEY SEE in terms of those that will be donning the brown and gold down the road.

So while the focus has, appropriately and understandably in some ways, shifted to the basketball boards, those of us huddled in the War on Saturday night, those listening to Dave and Kevin and watching on TV, I think it is going to be worth it - worth the frustration, cold, heat, disbelief...worth it.

And if you question the need for a vision and the importance it plays, read this string from the Husker board...it is very telling. Nebraska...yes, Nebraska...is asking what other program they should immulate. While Wyoming isn't actually listed...it is in a sense...when you read about the type of play they want to see at NU...and it looks a heck of a lot like what is building in Laramie (at least for the most part).

https://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp ... 28&style=2
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

I agree on all accounts. I love what Bohl is building.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cab we win? The possibility is always there. Will we win? Our defense is on 2nd and 3rd stringers at most places outside the d-line, and even then we're down a starter there. And Hedrick has turned into a solid QB this season, and Ajayi is a do it all back. Our offense is in better shape overall, but with Wick likely not going to be in the game, Hill will still be the primary back. While he has been pretty damn good, BSU can be very physical once they have keyed in on you.

All in all, it comes down to execution on both sides and how we match up with them.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Cab we win? The possibility is always there. Will we win? Our defense is on 2nd and 3rd stringers at most places outside the d-line, and even then we're down a starter there. And Hedrick has turned into a solid QB this season, and Ajayi is a do it all back. Our offense is in better shape overall, but with Wick likely not going to be in the game, Hill will still be the primary back. While he has been pretty damn good, BSU can be very physical once they have keyed in on you.

All in all, it comes down to execution on both sides and how we match up with them.
I really don't know about Boise State or even UNM this year, in fact I have my doubts, but my post was tied to the bigger picture. In time, the answer is unequivocally YES.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Boise State will be tough, but I hope fans aren't overlooking New Mexico too. They looked a lot better vs. USU than Wyoming did.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

New Mexico will not be a good matchup for us. I believe UNM will be a top MWC team if they ever get a defense... which is Bob Davies specialty. He definitely has that program heading in the right direction.
I'm good for 3!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Cornpoke wrote:New Mexico will not be a good matchup for us. I believe UNM will be a top MWC team if they ever get a defense... which is Bob Davies specialty. He definitely has that program heading in the right direction.
This, after they just got blown out by 38 to CSU? I do agree, I think Davie has the opportunity to build something good at UNM. But they are at the equivelant as program as we were coming out of the Koenning years.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I like our chances tonight too. Lets do this!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I don't think our defense even as depleted like it is has to do with the real issue of winning.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Hopefully they win tonight and wrap up a great day in Laradise!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Game is on. I thought it was delayed
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

And we broke midfield. Damn, could have used that offsides but he got back. 0-1 punt
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Game is on. I thought it was delayed
Start time was originally 8:15
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Rurfran had to catch that.