Nevada to renovate Mackay Stadium

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college ... /19341155/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hmm...lowering the capacity to 26K doesn't sound like a good idea. If that's acceptable, invite Montana to the MW...they have 25K capacity and sell out a lot.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Went there a couple years ago. The place is an erector set.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:Hmm...lowering the capacity to 26K doesn't sound like a good idea. If that's acceptable, invite Montana to the MW...they have 25K capacity and sell out a lot.
I don't get your infatuation with capacity of stadiums somehow making the program more or less relevant. If you have a 50k seating average stadium with no luxury boxes and only average 10k how is that any different than having a 26k seating stadium completely redone with luxury boxes and being all pimped out.

The attendance doesn't change so why do you care about capacity so much?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Hmm...lowering the capacity to 26K doesn't sound like a good idea. If that's acceptable, invite Montana to the MW...they have 25K capacity and sell out a lot.
I don't get your infatuation with capacity of stadiums somehow making the program more or less relevant. If you have a 50k seating average stadium with no luxury boxes and only average 10k how is that any different than having a 26k seating stadium completely redone with luxury boxes and being all pimped out.

The attendance doesn't change so why do you care about capacity so much?
Agreed
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

It's about time they make a change. What is it now? Going from Erector set stadium to Lego set Stadium?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

The best thing about the change is they have realized that bleachers with a chair back seat is an option. To be honest it should be more than an option and I've always felt like bleachers should be left for high school and below.

I hope what they do rubs off so when it comes renovation time at the war to fix some of the same issues they take notice to what has been done to other stadiums, Someone here a while back in a War Upgrades thread talked about this exact thing. " club level seating with a restaurant " of course ours was talking about enclosing the south end zone to make this but it's the same outcome.

If you can't pack in 50k fans because the area doesn't permit it then I say you make the 20k that should up feel good about being there. You can always expand if capacity becomes an issue but until it's an issue you should make the people that come want to come back.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyo2dal wrote:The best thing about the change is they have realized that bleachers with a chair back seat is an option. To be honest it should be more than an option and I've always felt like bleachers should be left for high school and below.

I hope what they do rubs off so when it comes renovation time at the war to fix some of the same issues that take notice to what has been done.
Didn't the original Mile High Stadium have bleachers? 'Cos I think I sat on bleachers for the Chiefs @ Broncos game in Dec. of 1985 (Denver won, 14-13). Bunch of my friends saw me on National T.V. that day (televised by NBC).
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I don't know - after sitting in Hawaii's stadium this year - I certainly think the War needs chairs instead of benches.

Put in wide chairs - it would probably reduce capacity to 20k. Enclose the south endzone and use wide chairs - bring the capacity back up to 30k.

Seriously - for $40 bucks for 3 hours - at least allow me to have a cup holder and not sit on a hard ass bleacher.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WyoBrandX wrote:I don't know - after sitting in Hawaii's stadium this year - I certainly think the War needs chairs instead of benches.

Put in wide chairs - it would probably reduce capacity to 20k. Enclose the south endzone and use wide chairs - bring the capacity back up to 30k.

Seriously - for $40 bucks for 3 hours - at least allow me to have a cup holder and not sit on a hard ass bleacher.
I agree with this completely.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:
WyoBrandX wrote:I don't know - after sitting in Hawaii's stadium this year - I certainly think the War needs chairs instead of benches.

I agree with this completely.
This is exactly where Nevada is going, comfort to the fans that support the team instead of a half empty stadium of bleachers.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Que Kansascowboy
W-Y, Until I Die!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Que Kansascowboy

No, I'll just stay out of this one.
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

I'm bringing up some CSU fans and it is embarassing to go to our dump of a stadium!! That's right I said dump!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Mr.Large wrote:I'm bringing up some CSU fans and it is embarassing to go to our dump of a stadium!! That's right I said dump!!!!
Ha ha. OooooKaaaayy, Mr.Troll! :rofl:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Mr.Large wrote:I'm bringing up some CSU fans and it is embarassing to go to our dump of a stadium!! That's right I said dump!!!!
LMAO! If it is true, and you are bringing your circle jerk butt buddies up to Laramie, trust me, the War is 100x the stadium the poop that the Lambs play in. The CSewe fans will probably think they are in heaven. Surely you have to wonder why they have pushed so hard for a new stadium...Hughes is the worst facility in the history of facilities.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:The best thing about the change is they have realized that bleachers with a chair back seat is an option. To be honest it should be more than an option and I've always felt like bleachers should be left for high school and below.

I hope what they do rubs off so when it comes renovation time at the war to fix some of the same issues that take notice to what has been done.
Didn't the original Mile High Stadium have bleachers? 'Cos I think I sat on bleachers for the Chiefs @ Broncos game in Dec. of 1985 (Denver won, 14-13). Bunch of my friends saw me on National T.V. that day (televised by NBC).
Yup back then they sure did, When is the last time you have seen an up to date stadium with bleachers? They are a thing going to become a thing of the past in college as they did in professional venues. I might be spoiled by going Cardinals games.

This is a link to a much needed 225m dollar ASU renovation and tbh I can't wait to see it. They aren't doing away with bleachers as it would be impossible to maintain capacity and use no bleachers but they are adding a seat back chair option mid tier between bleachers at the bottom and the luxury boxes at the top.