What are you watching?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

The snow storm cleared and service is back. Going to watch Utards
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

4 straight 3 and outs for Utes. I've seen this offense before
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:4 straight 3 and outs for Utes. I've seen this offense before
It has this Déjà vu feeling to it, Can't quite put my finger on it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

At least whittingham didn't kneel before half and it paid off
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:
Definitely but, they have been doing this all season, and are sitting at 7-3 in the Pac...so...there's that.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Definitely but, they have been doing this all season, and are sitting at 7-3 in the Pac...so...there's that.
Funny what a solid defense can do for you.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Don't think I have ever watched an Ivy league game but the Harvard Yale game was a darn good one. Didn't realize the ivy league doesn't have replay... I thought they were D1?
I'm good for 3!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote:Don't think I have ever watched an Ivy league game but the Harvard Yale game was a darn good one. Didn't realize the ivy league doesn't have replay... I thought they were D1?

Refs there are so smart they're never unsure of anything.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Utah's having a tough time not giving away points with their offense now. 42-10. Ouch.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Utah's having a tough time not giving away points with their offense now. 42-10. Ouch.
This makes me happy.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
I'm not going to say they haven't played anyone because that would be a lie but the games they lost they lost because of the constant 3 and outs and the defense not being able to keep the offense in games and that is part of the price you pay with a hurry up spread.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
I'm not going to say they haven't played anyone because that would be a lie but the games they lost they lost because of the constant 3 and outs and the defense not being able to keep the offense in games and that is part of the price you pay with a hurry up spread.
Agreed.

Was all of DCs success due to his QB recruiting, and Pinkels system?
Or do you think when DC gets some of his guys in, and the Utes offensive players get used to him (5 different OCs in 5 seasons) they will have a good offense?

Also something else to consider...
DCs Mizzou teams ripped the Big 12 apart for seasons, which was known for having poop defenses. Now, he is in the Pac12 which does not have that reputation.

So I guess what I am getting at is...
Was DC successful at Mizzou because he is a great OC, because of Pinkel and QB recruiting, or because of terrible Big12 defenses?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Agreed.

Was all of DCs success due to his QB recruiting, and Pinkels system?
Or do you think when DC gets some of his guys in, and the Utes offensive players get used to him (5 different OCs in 5 seasons) they will have a good offense?

Also something else to consider...
DCs Mizzou teams ripped the Big 12 apart for seasons, which was known for having poop defenses. Now, he is in the Pac12 which does not have that reputation.

So I guess what I am getting at is...
Was DC successful at Mizzou because he is a great OC, because of Pinkel and QB recruiting, or because of terrible Big12 defenses?
Utah doesn't really have a complete team, DC is a good OC if you just want a spread hurry up offense and you can't say he isn't he had success with it but you can't have a successful spread and compete with the big boys w/o top quality players. Utah needs a QB and 1-2 receivers and they will be a threat and I think they will get them while DC is still there.

For instance if DC was the OC at Oregon I think he could be as successful but he tried to run a hurry up in Wyoming at high elevation and he never had the complete package. Plus 4-5 star QB and RB's aren't what makes the team. It's the 3-4 star line man that give that QB time and open holes for the RB.

CSU is a prime example of this, People are like Dee Hart isn't a true 5 star RB. But he doesn't have 320-360 lb 4-5 star offensive lineman opening holes like he had at Alabama. No 5 star athlete would appear 5 star with a 1-2 star supporting cast and that is 100% the MWC.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Dee Hart had a pretty good day today though.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Dee Hart had a pretty good day today though.
He did he had a solid day, Just a lot of people don't think he is 5 star quality and I think he is easily.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I'll take Wick/Hill over Pee Fart.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:I'll take Wick/Hill over Pee Fart.
You say that as a Wyoming fan that has seem them on the field and rooted for them so you have ties to them. In a recruiting battle if a 4 star came on you wouldn't pick a 2-3 star over them and you know it. As it sits yes I love the RB's we have and I wouldn't trade them for Hart but in a recruiting battle if we had a shot at a 4 star you know you would be excited.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyo2dal wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:I'll take Wick/Hill over Pee Fart.
You say that as a Wyoming fan that has seem them on the field and rooted for them so you have ties to them. In a recruiting battle if a 4 star came on you wouldn't pick a 2-3 star over them and you know it. As it sits yes I love the RB's we have and I wouldn't trade them for Hart but in a recruiting battle if we had a shot at a 4 star you know you would be excited.
True. That's a good point.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote: You say that as a Wyoming fan that has seem them on the field and rooted for them so you have ties to them. In a recruiting battle if a 4 star came on you wouldn't pick a 2-3 star over them and you know it. As it sits yes I love the RB's we have and I wouldn't trade them for Hart but in a recruiting battle if we had a shot at a 4 star you know you would be excited.
This. Boise State fans are bad with that. For awhile there, everything was about the mystique of the program and their ability to turn nobodies into gold...but the moment they landed one of the best high school football players in the country, suddenly 4-Star/5-Star guys are a big deal. No doubt in my mind, if someone like Porter Gustin committed to Wyoming, this board would go cuckoo for cocoa puffs.