BSU @ UW : Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Here is what troubles me. We may very well get there but in order to do that we are going to have to be patient. Realistically we should be there in 5 years or so. But mathematically Bohl doesn't have that many years left after the target date. So what then? We hire another coach with another system and look forward another five years? The issue in Wyoming, at least recently, is we can never get there because either the plan doesn't work out ( DC) or a coach moves on, or he is so damn old he begins to slur his words like Lou Holtz! It seems to me we need some consistency which goes against everybody's natural trend on a coaching change. With a new coach people think we need a new system. Why? Are you telling me that DCs system is not successful and doesn't work? Come on man, look at all of the spread teams that are having success. I would argue that there are more mediocre teams having success with the spread then there are with the Pro style. This isn't a knock on Bohl but what if we would have went out and got a spread coach...then the recruits are in the right system and at least you can build on some component of an outgoing coach! Seems to make sense at least in some small part to me. You could still build the cowboy tough attitude and preach the finish philosophy and run the spread! So my argument is this: Had we hired a tough nosed Spread style coach we would have been more successful in year one of the transition. Done right, it could have yielded results quicker. So what about when Bohl leaves....for what ever reason, will we change philosophies again? Maybe by then the Spread Offense will be "Old School' enough that we will consider it. ;-)
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming - no paragraph breaks just for you. ;-)
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Per Vorel, Bohl cannot ever remember having this many season ending injuries! Maybe it is time to evaluate preparation?????
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I think you need a break from beating on Bohl and the team
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:I think you need a break from beating on Bohl and the team
Once again not beating on anyone. Just pointing out what Bohl himself said today!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I mean the system is pretty much over, we've covered most of this
W-Y, Until I Die!