BSU @ UW : Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I sure as hell hope this isn't the most beatable Boise team in years.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

63 points? Really? Ugh.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hey, HOW ABOUT THOSE BASKETBALL COWBOYS???
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wow the snow is really coming down now!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

By no means is what I'm about to say indicating that it cost us the game but this is the single worse officiated football game I have ever witnessed. Even Joey Galloway is calling out the missed blocks in the back, the holds and the pass interference calls.

Hell the botched replacement NFL officials had some poop games and none of theirs are even remotely close to this.
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Do you think Wyoming will ever win a game 63-14?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:Do you think Wyoming will ever win a game 63-14?
With Bohl as a HC no I highly doubt it.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

SDPokeFan wrote:Do you think Wyoming will ever win a game 63-14?
Nope.

One point worse than our old worse modern day beatdown....1988 Holiday Bowl, 62-14, Okie State over us.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote:So what happens if Bohl can't make us a winner ( he won't if he can't recruit olineman)?
Well lucky for you he can do that. In fact, his team just had one drafted in the 3rd round last May.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
marcuswyo wrote:So what happens if Bohl can't make us a winner ( he won't if he can't recruit olineman)?
Well lucky for you he can do that. In fact, his team just had one drafted in the 3rd round last May.
I have no doubt that he can and will recruit what he needs, What I have doubt about is how long it will take him to turn the program around and him being given the proper amount of time before people start calling for his job.

After watch Football this year he needs 3 recruiting classes at minimum to have his players on the field doing what needs to be done. We go through coaches so fast because they can't make an immediate impact so I hope that he is given the time he needs.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Can u honestly say that this the best BSU team we've faced? We beat the team that beat them. We played like total dog shot
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Can u honestly say that this the best BSU team we've faced? We beat the team that beat them. We played like total dog shot
This is far from the best Boise we have played, We don't have the proper players to support this defensive scheme and the coaching staff is having trouble adapting to what the players are capable of. That alone shows how much more athletic of players Bohl needs.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:We go through coaches so fast because they can't make an immediate impact so I hope that he is given the time he needs.
He'll have the Pokes headed in the right direction by the time his first contract is up.

As a Minnesota fan too, I'm well aware of all the questions people are asking about Bohl here. It was exactly the same after Jerry Kill went 3-9 in his first season. Can he coach at this level? Can he recruit at this level? Is this too big a hole to get out of? Will this system work at this level? He can't be successful recruiting 3-star guys, can he?

Looking back, a lot of Minnesota fans are realizing how stupid they looked for doubting Kill so easily, and I think in a few years the same thing will be happening around the Wyoming fan base. At least I hope so!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Josh, did Bohl EVER get whipped like that at NDSU?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Biggest loss was 37-6
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Basketball season people!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:Basketball season people!
lol, weren't you the one that guaranteed a W today?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Basketball season people!
lol, weren't you the one that guaranteed a W today?
Didn't guarantee one but did think we would get the win.

If it wasn't rivalry week, and my first Civil War I would be pretty much done with football. I'm all wyo hoops now! Especially after the win today.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:I hate to be a downer, but this will look exactly the same next year against the top tier teams. Why? Because the offense is to old fashioned - too predictable - too old school smash-mouth style. Works in D-II because of the caliber of players Bohl could get relative to other D-II schools. Doesn't work in D-I.
Yup, because Wisonsin and Minnesota look just as bad playing smash-mouth football...
It does work in this division. It also takes more than two years to build your offense to support this kind of play. Seriously, if you look at our offense right now, we have an okay to meh line. We have good backs. This is our fullbacks first year, and he's quite small for the position. This also goes for our TEs. Small and young. And I've said it before, our Number one QB was our number Three QB a year ago. Our number two QB, Thorton proves that he was only backup material. Seriously, Thorton made Kirk look like a superstar! Stratton, who is converted from WR, actually showed some spark.
Will it take time? Yes. Will it work? In time, yes.
I could be wrong, but I think we see Stratton finish us off for the year.
Bohls recruiting class already has a spark of hope, showing he's finding the right profile guys for the system.
Remember, it's only year one. And for me, this year has already exceeded expectations. I expected 0-3 wins in this tough schedule. We've played three top 25 teams, and two that aren't far from knocking on the door in USU and BSU. This team will build the foundation that is needed, and overall will grow.
Don't get me wrong, it sucks to lose. But there is such a thing as growin pains. And if you hold steadfast you can see success.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Embarrassing for sure. I worry more about providing Bohl the resources he needs than anything else. I have 0 confidence in our Administration's ability to do so.

Hopefully Bohl can succeed despite our administration.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.