Improving the "At Game" experience

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

Another title to this thread could be - "How to Make Losing More Enjoyable!"

1. Turn the damn music down! - If I were the coach I would personally toss the sound technician off the roof of the press box. When our coaches have the players huddled up or when coming out of a TO and our QB is barking signals prior to the snap, wouldn't be easier for our players if the moron playing Taylor Swift would turn it down..or better yet, off?

2. Some game updates and highlights, please. - I'm presuming most of us at the game are college football fans, how about less BS like "Find the Football under the helmet" and more, "Here's a highlight of the Gophers burying the Big Red."

3. If your going to sell hot chocolate-have cups with lids.
4. C'mon, let me have a noisemaker! - Most Wyoming fans behave like there at a golf tournament instead of a football game. Compound that with diminishing attendance and the handful of us who actually make noise on first and second (it's just as important as third down) are usually hoarse before the end of the game. Were old and infirm and need artificial assistance. As long as they don't replicate an officials whistle, who cares.
5. Replay - If everyone watching on television sees something questionable, why doesn't a replay official contact the referee immediately? When games are close to 4 hours, every decision needs to be quicker.
6. Concessions - Can't someone make and sell a good burrito? There self contained, there easy to handle, there quick to make...what's the effing problem? :twocents:
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WINNING
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Kougar78 wrote: 4. C'mon, let me have a noisemaker! - Most Wyoming fans behave like there at a golf tournament instead of a football game. Compound that with diminishing attendance and the handful of us who actually make noise on first and second (it's just as important as third down) are usually hoarse before the end of the game. Were old and infirm and need artificial assistance. As long as they don't replicate an officials whistle, who cares.
Fans can't use any artificial noisemakers per NCAA rules, unless you meant the NCAA should allow it, in which case ignore my post.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Screw ESPN. All November games are at noon. Period.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 32 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Kougar78 wrote: 4. C'mon, let me have a noisemaker! - Most Wyoming fans behave like there at a golf tournament instead of a football game. Compound that with diminishing attendance and the handful of us who actually make noise on first and second (it's just as important as third down) are usually hoarse before the end of the game. Were old and infirm and need artificial assistance. As long as they don't replicate an officials whistle, who cares.
Fans can't use any artificial noisemakers per NCAA rules, unless you meant the NCAA should allow it, in which case ignore my post.
Uhh.. isn't Mississippi State known for their excessive use of cowbells at their games?
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Screw ESPN. All November games are at noon. Period.
We came to that conclusion several years ago and now we are reverting back to the night game time slots to appease espn for money. We should demand at least double what we are getting. Piss on them - let them show a dart tournament or something for their worthless time slots.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Improve the experience by having a good team, a stadium that hits at least 80% capacity, a competitive team, a sense of tradition.

PS...saying we have tradition, and re-using the old "Cowboy Tough" slogan does not really mean we have tradition.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Cowbells are allowed but can't be used once the center approaches the ball pre-snap. Outside of those I don't know of any exceptions, but don't quote me on that.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I disagree. These start times we should use to our advantage. Obviously Boise was fine with it. I can tell you later start times and cold weather will not keep me from attending a game. It's how poorly we play that keeps me from driving the 5 hours. Many teams across the country play night games in November. I'm tired of the whining
I'm good for 3!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Cornpoke wrote:
I disagree. These start times we should use to our advantage. Obviously Boise was fine with it. I can tell you later start times and cold weather will not keep me from attending a game. It's how poorly we play that keeps me from driving the 5 hours. Many teams across the country play night games in November. I'm tired of the whining
That's fine for the younger people, but I can tell you that my wife & I will be part of the no-shows for the next night game in November.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I get it early in the year, but late November home games can we have the parking lot attendants just stay home except for the stadium lot? There's no sense in policing the other lots like Nazis forcing people to spend even more time outdoor, Just open up the lots, be a little more welcoming for the people who DO show up.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Screw ESPN. All November games are at noon. Period.
8:00 start times are common around the country, to take advantage of ESPN. And it is taking advantage...only partly the other way around. Every program needs exposure, needs to say it plays on a national platform...it's a fantastic recruiting tool. And god knows we need all the recruiting help we can get.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

WYCowboy wrote:
Cornpoke wrote:
That's fine for the younger people, but I can tell you that my wife & I will be part of the no-shows for the next night game in November.
Well, as it goes, you can't please everybody...
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

2 things

1. Malted hops
2. Barley
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Hot chocolate with lids lol. Here's something novel too, maybe a Starbucks on the bottom of each side of stadium? I'm sure the baristas would love it. Sure beats the regular concession choices
W-Y, Until I Die!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

A bikini coffee shop? We have enough cute coeds that need jobs and like coffee, right?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Cowbells are allowed but can't be used once the center approaches the ball pre-snap. Outside of those I don't know of any exceptions, but don't quote me on that.
How about the bell on the Ucla sideline?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Cowbells are allowed but can't be used once the center approaches the ball pre-snap. Outside of those I don't know of any exceptions, but don't quote me on that.
How about the bell on the Ucla sideline?
Isn't that more of a team-controlled noisemaker similar to a pep band or pumping music through the speakers? Team-controlled are a lot easier, because they know the rules and if they screw up they can be penalized. Random fans with noisemakers is a lot harder to control.