CSU is kicking our butt...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Mr.Large wrote:So true. CSU is about to build the new stadium
MIGHT, MIGHT be ready to begin the process of building a stadium...
it does look like the Big 12 is knocking
Big 12 is knocking??? If by knocking you mean, considering any team within 750 miles of another Big 12 school, then ok sure.
UW is falling behind fast.
Falling behind?? We are ahead in every category facility wise. Better current stadium, better IPF, easily better basketball arena. Only one of those is even rumored to be changing, you say fall behind, I say csu is starting to MAYBE catch up.
The good news is I think the Cowboys could contend in the Big Sky.
Probably could, but I'd rather cut football than drop to FCS.

Feeding the troll...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Mr.Large wrote:So true. CSU is about to build the new stadium and it does look like the Big 12 is knocking. UW is falling behind fast. The good news is I think the Cowboys could contend in the Big Sky.
Hey Fort Fun, Swoll Cracker, Jalapeno, State, whatever you call yourself these days...I was wondering when you were going to chime in on the CSewe thread!

Big 12 my ass - hahahahhahhahah! :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Big 12 is knocking??? If by knocking you mean, considering any team within 750 miles of another Big 12 school, then ok sure.

And West Virginia is right down the road from a Big 12 school......
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Who cares about our indoor practice facility? They are in the f-word Top 25! Jesus it amazes the chatter on here sometimes!

"CSU is just now starting to catch up"...REALLY?
They have been in the Big Dance recently, and are about to notch an 11 to 13 win season in football finishing in the Top 25.
Oh but we have a big IPF! SWEET!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote:

And West Virginia is right down the road from a Big 12 school......
My point was, that IF the Big 12 is looking at expanding, they are looking all over, not JUST at csu. Some people are making it out to be a forgone conclusion. Hell, I could see Air Force getting an invite before csu.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Who cares about our indoor practice facility? They are in the f-word Top 25! Jesus it amazes the chatter on here sometimes!

They have been in the Big Dance recently, and are about to notch an 11 to 13 win season in football finishing in the Top 25.
Which Beav, is why I prefaced that statement by saying "facility wise". I am well aware that our on-field performance is lacking, but some here are making it sound like our facilities are a poop box, when in fact they are much better than csu's. I get it, you are talking about wins and losses, but for the sake of my last post, I am not.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Who cares about our indoor practice facility? They are in the f-word Top 25! Jesus it amazes the chatter on here sometimes!

Which Beav, is why I prefaced that statement by saying "facility wise". I am well aware that our on-field performance is lacking, but some here are making it sound like our facilities are a poop box, when in fact they are much better than csu's. I get it, you are talking about wins and losses, but for the sake of my last post, I am not.

Gotcha. I was just kind of skimming over posts, and saw that and temporarily flipped poop.
But I do agree our facilities are quite nice.

War Memorial isn't great but after being at stadiums like at Utah, Utah State, Boise State, Oregon, and Oregon State, I can say it's not bad by any means. Just kind of your run-of-the-mill D1 college football stadium.

Once we have the need to make it bigger we can discuss that, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
The Arena Auditorium looks like it is going to be in a league of its own and is certainly nicer than Oregon States and Colorado States.

The practice facilities are nice at Wyo, and they should never be used as an excuse as to why we aren't succeeding in any sport.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Good post - I think you are spot on. And I have always felt the same way. Essentially UW has no vision, and poor leadership - paired with fan apathy and low expectations. That is a recipe for death.

CSewe hedged everything on athletics being the front porch of their poop assed university...and it worked and is working. Meanwhile, we have a cool gateway center, across the street from a f-word Arby's and a dilapidated < 1/4 block of run down gas-station poop eyesore (that by the way is for sale for $2,000,000).
Hmm, who (or whose family) owns that?

The upshot of what you said, along with a lot that comes up in other posts, is that Laramie needs a bit of a makeover and some upgrades to make it a more attractive place to live for education professionals, prospective students and student-athletes, and the "creative class" that is catalytic to job creation and economic stimuli.
Surely you remember the whole $52,000 "supply" debacle of 2004? :rofl:
Dear Karma,

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:

Feeding the troll...
I have a hard time seeing us move down to the Big Sky.

How many schools have moved down in all of this realignment nonsense the past few years? None? That's what I thought.

As much as people might not want to hear it, right now Wyoming is a basketball school. And the Mountain West is a top 5 basketball conference, while the Big Sky is one of the worst. So why would we leave again?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

Feeding the troll...
I have a hard time seeing us move down to the Big Sky.

How many schools have moved down in all of this realignment nonsense the past few years? None? That's what I thought.

As much as people might not want to hear it, right now Wyoming is a basketball school. And the Mountain West is a top 5 basketball conference, while the Big Sky is one of the worst. So why would we leave again?
Don't take Mr.Large's comments too seriously. Quite sure he/she is a fan of another school and it doesn't take a genius to figure out which one.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

JimmyDimes wrote:Seriously? CSU might build a stadium, but they are broke. I'm curious how the funding will shake out. But as for them kicking our butts? They've beat us two years in a row and have dreams of building a stadium. What have we done....built a regulation size IPF (compared to 70 yards), have remodeled the War (yes work still needs to be done, but it is a nice stadium), are in the process of upgrading the AA (as opposed to Moby). We're whining because CSU realizes they are being left behind and are doing what they need. They have a 10-1 football team, but are barely drawing better crowds than us.

All our sports are trending upward. Enjoy the ride fellas. I realize it has been a long time, but the whining is, well whining.

I agree on finding new leadership, but I think we are barking up the wrong tree.
They're kicking our asses in attendance this year.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

New Mexico would be a better regional fit for the Big12. Of course UNM hasn't done a thing to improve facilities or strengthen their football program. However their Basketball program would be a nice addition to the B12.
I'm good for 3!
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

#8: It might take money from the state legislature or whatever, but the airport in Laramie must be upgraded to allow teams to be able to fly in.

Once a team comes in the university has vans waiting and they are whisked to one of the new hotels east of the stadium.

No hassles and no argument, in fact easier than flying into one of the larger metro airports with this set up!
Last edited by Douglaspoke on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I thought this was already done....teams flying ion and out of Laramie?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

BJC wrote:I thought this was already done....teams flying ion and out of Laramie?
It is done. Laramie's airport can land 727's, etc. Our own team charters a jet out regularly. Last time I flew into Laramie, there was a tornado watch in Denver, and they diverted 4 Southwest Airlines jets to Laramie. They were all parked at the airport waiting for DIA to open.
Dear Karma,

djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Often times they fly into and stay in Denver and keep the team out of Laramie thanks to air horns and hooligans. Often times they fly out of Laramie. So, I've seen a few times. I am not the travel expert.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

That's great news and I assume that includes charters coming in with visiting football teams? What about basketball visiting teams I suspect they fly commercial?

If that is the case, access to Laramie is no big deal for charters coming in.

It would then seem like we have an advantage over CSU for football that I assume teams have to fly into DIA and then they bus to Fort Collins?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Falling behind?? We are ahead in every category facility wise. Better current stadium, better IPF, easily better basketball arena. Only one of those is even rumored to be changing, you say fall behind, I say csu is starting to MAYBE catch up.
If the trend continues, they will have a $12-14 million/year athletic budget advantage over us. We were ahead of them 8 years ago, but they have surpassed us now.

Yes, we are drastically falling behind CSU.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
If the trend continues, they will have a $12-14 million/year athletic budget advantage over us. We were ahead of them 8 years ago, but they have surpassed us now.

Yes, we are drastically falling behind CSU.
What is the total budget for athletics at UW?
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Douglaspoke wrote:That's great news and I assume that includes charters coming in with visiting football teams? What about basketball visiting teams I suspect they fly commercial?

If that is the case, access to Laramie is no big deal for charters coming in.

It would then seem like we have an advantage over CSU for football that I assume teams have to fly into DIA and then they bus to Fort Collins?
I believe they can fly into Loveland?