MWC Championship

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

So just so I can make sure I have this mess correct, The Pacific and Mountain Division is just a complete mess. It would appear that Nevada who was assumed to be the strongest team in the Pacific lost the worst games of the year to lose and are now out of it no matter what happens.

It should either be SDSU or FRES that host the Pacific, Mind boggling that FRES could end up as a conference champion again after this piss poor year.

Now on the Mountain side there are all sorts of strange scenarios and the Mountain Division could be hosted by USU, CSU or BSU. It really depends on today but more importantly the only way the MWC goes to a New Years Day Bowl is if Boise wins out.

So Boise vs Fresno or San Diego State for the MWC Championship is the best case scenario for the conference making money.

Anyone think the Mountain host will change after this week?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Boise is in the drivers seat. Beat a Utah State team they should have no problem beating, and they'll advance no questions asked. Colorado State could beat Air Force by 20 billion and it won't matter if Boise takes care of business.

The West is a mess. Fresno is in the same position as Boise....win, and there will be nothing anyone else can do. Lose, and SDSU will go. If BOTH SDSU and FSU lose, HAWAII of all schools would go.

Smart money would suggest we get Fresno @ Boise.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

It's 100% up to Boise now, Marshall lost and CSU lost. If USU loses then no New Year Day Bowl.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:It's 100% up to Boise now, Marshall lost and CSU lost. If USU loses then no New Year Day Bowl.
I think you mean if USU wins.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Yes that's exactly what I meant, However if USU wins that means all three teams will be 6-2 in conference. What is the next deciding factor? who beat the higher rated team?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I'm not sure, but it might be AF because they knocked off Boise.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

AFA lost to SDSU, has 3 conference losses. USU and BSU play for the Mountain Division title tomorrow, winner plays in MW title.